or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › South Dakota Banned Abortion

South Dakota Banned Abortion - Page 7

post #241 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
a) human life begins at conception

I'm with you so far...
Quote:
b) all human lives are of equal value

Wait a minute... so you're saying you WOULD save the petri dish instead of the woman, right? That's very clearly what you're saying here. And you never did answer that question. Which shows you're not prepared to justify such a ridiculous statement in any way, making your statement appear to be a lie.
Quote:
c) a person's "choice" is not sufficient reason to just end a life

I disagree wholeheartedly. Because there are an infinite number of potential lives to recover the undeveloped one that is lost through abortion. Pregnancy is not a very difficult thing to accomplish. Furthermore, what's more likely to cause a woman a higher level of grief? A miscarriage (why does God hate children?) or the death of her four year-old?
post #242 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Wait a minute... so you're saying you WOULD save the petri dish instead of the woman, right? That's very clearly what you're saying here. And you never did answer that question. Which shows you're not prepared to justify such a ridiculous statement in any way, making your statement appear to be a lie.

Well...when abortion reflects the choice between saving two different lives (rather than one person's choice to end another's)...then we can talk. Until then, your hypothetical is merely an asinine distraction. It is misdirection to avoid talking about the real issue.

Quote:
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Of course you do.

Quote:
Because there are an infinite number of potential lives to recover the undeveloped one that is lost through abortion. Pregnancy is not a very difficult thing to accomplish. Furthermore, what's more likely to cause a woman a higher level of grief? A miscarriage (why does God hate children?) or the death of her four year-old?

post #243 of 259
Bullshit.

You are attempting to avoid defining your views on how you differentially value some clumps of cells and a living breathing human being. That is the very defining feature of your argument that those clumps of cells are, in fact, full fledge humans with an inalienable right to life.

That argument to me is like arguing that a killing a benign tumor is murder.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #244 of 259
Quote:
Well...when abortion reflects the choice between saving two different lives (rather than one person's choice to end another's)...then we can talk. Until then, your hypothetical is merely an asinine distraction. It is misdirection to avoid talking about the real issue.

You didn't answer the question. Again. And it's very relevant.

Are all lives (including a zygote) of equal value or not?
post #245 of 259
Quote:
You didn't answer the question. Again. And it's very relevant.

( regarding the "which life would you save" question )

Only in your mind.

Quote:
Are all lives (including a zygote) of equal value or not?

I believe so, yes.
post #246 of 259
Quote:

When you hold and position on something that is not "provable" ("God exists", "God does not exist") it is a faith-based position.

Who told you that the existance of God is not provable.

I can prove that the "God" of the Bible is a product of human endevour. Just like I can prove that Jesus the Christ absolutely did not walk the Earth 2000 years ago.

The reason you cant answer Tontons question is that you are trying to make a relativistic decision. This is when Absolutism fails. Absolutism (Bible) fails when the question is relativistic and requires a decision that is not answerable by turning to an absolute God.

Therfore God, as you see him, Yahweh, fails when faced with relativism. It isn't suprising really, seing as Yahweh, was a volcano god of the southern semitic tribes, before he got elevated to supreme god.

But don't let that stop you trying.
post #247 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
I can prove that the "God" of the Bible is a product of human endevour. Just like I can prove that Jesus the Christ absolutely did not walk the Earth 2000 years ago.

Wow cool.
post #248 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
The reason you cant answer Tontons question

Won't.
post #249 of 259
Quote:
Won't.

And the reason you "Wont", is because you do not know how to, because you find that your Volcano hasn't provided you with the wisdom to make a relativistic decision. If I recall, few Volcano's could do that. Therefore your Volcano has failed you.

Now, if you've found that the Volcano has failed, why don't you turn to the wisdom of the Sun?

What Would Sol do? (WWSD)
post #250 of 259
PS Chris,

I've found Noah's Ark. It was a constellation called "Argo Navis", and you might want to check out "Corvus" as well, for a bit of a better understanding of where this Absolute Wisdom of a Volcano comes from.
post #251 of 259
Well, of course, the RIGHT thing to do is to save the woman/4 year old, and leave the petri dish.

Of course, you cant say that (although that is what you WOULD do), because then you undermine the absolute authority of your volcano, and you become relativistic like the rest of us.

Thereby PROVING that being human and relitivistic, is of higher moral judgement than God and Absolutism.
post #252 of 259
Do I save the sentient, conscious creature who will suffer greatly or the cells with no central nervous system, memories or attached parents?

Girl.
Cells.
Girl.
Cells.

Oh lord, put it like that...
post #253 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Do I save the sentient, conscious creature who will suffer greatly or the cells with no central nervous system, memories or attached parents?

Girl.
Cells.
Girl.
Cells.

But if he does, he just concluded that there is no god. We'll be waiting a loooooooong time.

I bet if this ever did happen in real life, Cuilla would spitefully save the cells, just to prove his point.

Why dont we rephrase the question.

Cuilla, in the event of a fire and you only have time to save one person, do you save "MarcUK", or your "mother"?
post #254 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Girl.
Cells.
Girl.
Cells.

That experiment was tried in Saudi Arabia. It wasn't a choice between girls and cells, but girls and a different religious fetish.

They chose the fetish. The girls died.
post #255 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
That experiment was tried in Saudi Arabia. It wasn't a choice between girls and cells, but girls and a different religious fetish.

Wow, that was an absolutely unbelievably horrible story.
post #256 of 259
Looks like Cuilla, in his determination not to undermine Gods absolute authority, has dithered so much, that the girl, the woman and the petri dish, have all been consumed by the fire.

Oh the poor petridish,

shame on you cuilla.
post #257 of 259
Am I the only one who really doesn't care anymore? Whether they ban abortion or not, it really will not affect me as a male. I think it's wrong personally, but really could care less as there are much more important issues to address. As long as public tax dollars are not paying for these abortions, I could really care less about them happening.
The Supreme Being
The Supreme Being
post #258 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell

God damn, that's terrible.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #259 of 259
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
God damn, that's terrible.

Indeed. This is why I've come to believe that all religions are evil, hatemongoring cults and humanity would be much better off without them.
The Supreme Being
The Supreme Being
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › South Dakota Banned Abortion