or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › This Forum's Search Sucks.

This Forum's Search Sucks. - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Stop being a jackass. There's more to AppleInsider than being able to search the forums adequately. People start threads and discuss them until they fade away. Take a look around and read what's interesting. Hundreds of regular users manage to get around this site just fine without search working correctly.

If you need information on something THAT BADLY and you can't find it here, open up a new tab in your little web browser and do a Google search or go to Apple's support site. This is not the only site on the internet, you know.

No need to insult, nor to apologize. Obviously, if the creation of many new, useless threads is not a problem for you, then there is an easy solution: please just leave this one alone. Go away and participate in more enlightening threads.

You're right, there's more to AI than the Search function. It's a community. I am trying to nudge the powers that be to improve the experience for its members, something which historically they have not been quick to do. You, on the other hand, are making personal attacks on fellow members.

This is my last response to you in this thread. If you have any more problems with what I'm doing, PM me, and if you continue to be insulting, I will report you. I do not want to put you on my ignore list because you participate in many threads and on occasion make positive contributions to them.

--B

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by bergz
Go away and participate in more enlightening threads.

What are you, 12?

Your behavior in this thread has been tantamount to the little kid in the back seat of the car constantly asking, "are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

The admins and mods may *want* to fix the search as quickly as possible but sometimes the car only drives so fast, okay?

I called you a jackass because you've been acting like one: noisy and stubborn. Putting your gripes against the house in your signature is truly bad form.

I've said what I think you need to hear. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way. Sometimes that's life.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #43 of 46
I bring good tidings!

Sources close to AI confirm that there have recently been concerted efforts to update the vB which have been unsuccessful for technical problems most likely having to do with this database issue.

According to our sources, apart from the technical problems: We've got everything ready to go as far as the forum layout and the majority of the settings. ... There are other changes in the works which are affecting timing of the rollout; all of which will provide for a much broader experience at AI.

This is very good news, indeed.

--B

post #44 of 46
Wahhh!

Are we there yet?

Uncle Cosmo? Are we there yet?

Just Couldn't Resist
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
post #45 of 46
Nope, still not there yet.

"pooped" 0 posts in 0 threads, even this one.

--B

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally posted by jccbin
Wahhh!

Are we there yet?

Uncle Cosmo? Are we there yet?

Just Couldn't Resist

Don't make me come back there. I will pull this car over, mister!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › This Forum's Search Sucks.