or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Happy Birthday, Apple!

Happy Birthday, Apple!

post #1 of 9
Let's all say "Happy Birthday" to Apple as they turn 30.

We all expect something from them, but have not paused to let them celebrate. It's Apple's moment.

Someone at Apple reads these pages, so now is our chance. You never know, they may actually give us a message back.

Happy Birthday, Apple!

Hi, Steve!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #2 of 9
You can always send them a birthday message.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucker
You can always send them a birthday message.

Just did that!
Happy 30th Apple, from Ireland!

p.s. Thanks to you, I now enjoy using my computer.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 9
Sorry to be harsh (C: ) but I would feel like an idiot to pay two dollars for some "entrepreneur" to print a few lines and sent it to Apple.

Lets do it ourselves. Someone write up a dirty script, host it and lets write our own birthday book for Apple, even invite the users of macnn, thinksecret, ars and whoever else want to give them a congratulation on their 30 year birthday for free. I´ll produce the book for free and have it sent to them on behalf of their "fanbase". I´ll just need the greetings in a word document and I´ll take care of the rest on everybodies behalf.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Sorry to be harsh (C: )

Quote:
but I would feel like an idiot to pay two dollars for some "entrepreneur" to print a few lines and sent it to Apple.

Probably.

Quote:
Lets do it ourselves. Someone write up a dirty script, host it and lets write our own birthday book for Apple, even invite the users of macnn, thinksecret, ars and whoever else want to give them a congratulation on their 30 year birthday for free. I´ll produce the book for free and have it sent to them on behalf of their "fanbase". I´ll just need the greetings in a word document and I´ll take care of the rest on everybodies behalf.

I'll sign.
post #6 of 9
Does this mean a mid-life crisis is on the way?
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Lust
Does this mean a mid-life crisis is on the way?

Who has a mid-life crisis at 30? I'm 44 and have no idea what a mid-life crisis is.

Happy birthday Apple. I wish you many, many, many more my friends. I was introduced to you by Lisa back in 1983 at a company I was working for during that time. I later bought myself a Apple IIc. I loved it but it was a long way away from what the Lisa could do. The Mac ended up being what I wanted and has been the one since. I have had nothing but the greatest experience from you Apple. Keep up the good work, we love you guys, specially you Steve Jobs for turning a dream into reality, for giving us a tool that revolutionized the world and for the intention and drive you have to keep on making it better and better.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by iPeon
Who has a mid-life crisis at 30? I'm 44 and have no idea what a mid-life crisis is.

Happy birthday Apple. I wish you many, many, many more my friends. I was introduced to you by Lisa back in 1983 at a company I was working for during that time. I later bought myself a Apple IIc. I loved it but it was a long way away from what the Lisa could do. The Mac ended up being what I wanted and has been the one since. I have had nothing but the greatest experience from you Apple. Keep up the good work, we love you guys, specially you Steve Jobs for turning a dream into reality, for giving us a tool that revolutionized the world and for the intention and drive you have to keep on making it better and better.

I was joking.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Sorry to be harsh (C: ) but I would feel like an idiot to pay two dollars for some "entrepreneur" to print a few lines and sent it to Apple.

What's two bucks among friends!
Well done to him for thinking of the idea.
I'm an entrepreneur too!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Happy Birthday, Apple!