or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Mail - Smart Folders

Mail - Smart Folders

post #1 of 6
Why hello there,

I would like to think that I am fairly good with understanding how to use most apps without an instruction manual, especially in Mac OS X.

However, it seems that I am having difficulty in simply creating a smart folder as a subfolder (i.e. not the same branch as Inbox and Sent Items).

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible after various attempts to drag, but I thought I should check on here.

Regards,
Nius.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Nius
Why hello there,

I would like to think that I am fairly good with understanding how to use most apps without an instruction manual, especially in Mac OS X.

However, it seems that I am having difficulty in simply creating a smart folder as a subfolder (i.e. not the same branch as Inbox and Sent Items).

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible after various attempts to drag, but I thought I should check on here.

Regards,
Nius.

Try this link!
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/ml1099.html
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Nius

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible

I believe that is correct.
post #4 of 6
Thanks to both of you. It seems that it is not possible.
post #5 of 6
I think there is speculation that Leopard will allow for smart folders within smart folders in Spotlight.

Maybe this would then apply to Mail.
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
iPad2 16 GB Wifi

Who is worse? A TROLL or a person that feeds & quotes a TROLL? You're both idiots.....
post #6 of 6
If you look in the Mailbox menu, there is an item called "New Smart Mailbox Folder...". It allows you to create a folder that contains Smart Mailboxes.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Mail - Smart Folders