or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › MacBook Pro ad on myspace

MacBook Pro ad on myspace

post #1 of 7
Ok, so I know this is probably of little consequence, but when apple makes an ad usually there is a little fuss about it, kind of like the recent nano ad (which is awesome by the way).

Anyhow, I logged into my myspace account this morning and the first thing I noticed in the upper right was an ad, an ad that moves rather quickly in fact, if you try to focus on everything that is shown on the screen you almost get dizzy, in the end you realize it is a MBP ad and there is a link directly to the apple website to learn more about it.

In the ad you see some of the following:

Apple logo
Intel core duo logo
Front Row
Garageband
And software from iLife 06

at the end it says;

Presenting the MacBook Pro
4x faster
The Fastest Mac Notebook Ever

*note* I am not sure if that is imovie or final cut they are using in the video it moves so quickly I can't tell.

It's nice to see Apple doing a few ads, and I am especially excited to see an ad that is not ipod/itunes related!

-Roy
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by Gm7Cadd9
Ok, so I know this is probably of little consequence, but when apple makes an ad usually there is a little fuss about it, kind of like the recent nano ad (which is awesome by the way).

Anyhow, I logged into my myspace account this morning and the first thing I noticed in the upper right was an ad, an ad that moves rather quickly in fact, if you try to focus on everything that is shown on the screen you almost get dizzy, in the end you realize it is a MBP ad and there is a link directly to the apple website to learn more about it.

In the ad you see some of the following:

Apple logo
Intel core duo logo
Front Row
Garageband
And software from iLife 06

at the end it says;

Presenting the MacBook Pro
4x faster
The Fastest Mac Notebook Ever

*note* I am not sure if that is imovie or final cut they are using in the video it moves so quickly I can't tell.

It's nice to see Apple doing a few ads, and I am especially excited to see an ad that is not ipod/itunes related!

-Roy

Where's the link?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #3 of 7
Yeah, links are always nice...

Unless you are some kind of myspace promo drone...

?!?
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
Late 2009 Unibody MacBook (modified)
2.26GHz Core 2 Duo CPU/8GB RAM/60GB SSD/500GB HDD
SuperDrive delete
post #4 of 7
I would have linked to it if I could have, but it's a flash ad on the page, kind of like a banner, their ads are somewhat randomly generated when you log in, if I hit refresh enough times I can get it to come up again.

I just got home and checked it again, and wouldn't you know it, there is a banner ad for the MBP and the ad in the corner has changed to an iMac ad... crazy stuff, I have 2 ads on my myspace login page... shame I can't find a way to link them, I am sure someone is smart enough or can confirm.

-Roy

edit: here is a screenshot, 'tis the best I can do for now.
post #5 of 7
Yep, there's plenty of Mac ads on MySpace, I can confirm that.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by speed_the_collapse
Yep, there's plenty of Mac ads on MySpace, I can confirm that.

me too!
Sent from my iPhone
Sent from my iPhone
post #7 of 7
I saw that too. Though I could've sworn that I saw some of the Pro apps that aren't universal binaries running on the screen of the MacBook Pro. I'll try and find it again.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › MacBook Pro ad on myspace