or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007....Go Leopard

Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007....Go Leopard

post #1 of 30
BetaNews announced that windows vista is being delayed until 2007!!!!!

It might never come....

By then leopard will be out and about!!!!!!!

WIndows Zombies.....switch now!!!!!!!

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...007/1142981344
post #2 of 30
its so they have time to copy the stuff thats going to be shown at WWDC 2006!!
(cos remember thats been moved to august this year)

stu
post #3 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by hkbaq
BetaNews announced that windows vista is being delayed until 2007!!!!!

It might never come....

By then leopard will be out and about!!!!!!!

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...007/1142981344

Apple is better pure and simple, if your don't use QS X your obviously not into cool, exciting and easy to use stuff. Or maybe your a little dull.
But that's your preference. Me, I'll stick using Apple.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #4 of 30
i just read something in reuters that says that only the consumer version will be delayed...the corporate version will ship by november....the consumer will ship after the holidya shopping season....

many manufacurers will be pissed with this....who would want to buy a computer when it's going to be obsolete in a month....that's just my thoughts

http://today.reuters.com/investing/F...SOFT-VISTA.xml
post #5 of 30
Gee I wonder which hacker will garner the prize for first to crack Vista, or has it already been cracked/hacked, the beta version that is, which I guess does not count. Sure is good to know that Vista will have very limited time on market without a virus, since I'm using a Mac
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
post #6 of 30
Vista is likely to goto market with viruses included.

post #7 of 30
Prolly oughta merge this with the other "Vista delayed" thread in General Discussion.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Prolly oughta merge this with the other "Vista delayed" thread in General Discussion.

I think this is more of a "Vista Delayed... Again!" thread, although this wasn't the second delay either.

This delay will have the biggest impact as MS and many PC Manufacturers will miss the holiday season, however now that they've bit the bullet any additional delays won't be as bad.

Did anyone really expect them to hit their 2006 target?
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #9 of 30
i read that saying the corporate version is going to be ready by the end of the year is basically pointless b/c those corporate clients wouldn't have budgeted for such a purchase in 2006, so would be getting it sometime in 07 or 08 anyway.
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by icibaqu
i read that saying the corporate version is going to be ready by the end of the year is basically pointless b/c those corporate clients wouldn't have budgeted for such a purchase in 2006, so would be getting it sometime in 07 or 08 anyway.

Another point not to be forgotten is that corporate IT do not put fresh versions of Windows on line. They tend to lag one or two versions behind. For corporate IT, having access to the first release of Windows Vista will be more like developers of consumer-level software having access to a late beta. Microsoft may claim that corporate customers will have Vista in December, but you will not see it doing anything more than test runs.
post #11 of 30
I think businesses getting Vista in November and consumers getting it in January is really a two-pronged media attack. First businesses will get Vista and there will be the usual reporting (Vista goes live, well known business implementing OS, Pros/Cons, etc), then the consumers will get a special event that will highlight all the things Vista can do for them. This will take place after MWSF2007 so they can figure out the best way to show how theirs is "better" than the competition's.
post #12 of 30
The Windows delay just gets me more excited about Leopard! WWDC is too far away!
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Xool
The Windows delay just gets me more excited about Leopard! WWDC is too far away!

Dido!
I don't think you should be worried about vista, (the more I say vista, the more it sounds like a medicine), I think Microsoft are more worried about Leopard, the you are about vista! Oh by the way mark my words, consumer vista wont be available before March.
post #14 of 30
it will be pretty sweet.

Apple will release leopard and then AFTER mwsf windows will release Vita.

Then wwdc in June, Steve spanks vista about the face and head.

Along with a kick ass assortment of REALLY fast, cool products.

aapl $59.96 is gonna look like a bargain in 12 months.

ps; I am an apple shareholder!!

post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
it will be pretty sweet.

Apple will release leopard and then AFTER mwsf windows will release Vita.

Then wwdc in June, Steve spanks vista about the face and head.

Along with a kick ass assortment of REALLY fast, cool products.

aapl $59.96 is gonna look like a bargain in 12 months.

ps; I am an apple shareholder!!

Me too! I bought more of this platinum yesterday!
post #16 of 30
Hasta la vista, Vista.
post #17 of 30
Read this blog entry. If true, Vista will be delayed long past the New Year. Quite frankly, it is beginning to look like Vista will never be released.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Me
Read this blog entry. If true, Vista will be delayed long past the New Year. Quite frankly, it is beginning to look like Vista will never be released.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Mr Me!

p.s. do you know Mister Happy!
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by hkbaq

Please, you better don't. I hate Zombies,
they bite and stink horribly.
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #20 of 30
Quote:

Get ready for Windows XP Second Edition or Windows XP 2007 with minor eye-candy to justify the shiny new boxes.

My bobblehead of an IT director is in a veritable funk.

Good times.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
post #21 of 30
My bet is that its delayed because MS wants to be able to get a working version of Leopard to see what else it can copy before it releases Vista... or maybe take out stuff that will make too much like OSX..(which it already does..) oh well, let them have their cake. 8)
"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
"Those who would give up essential liberties to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither." -Ben Franklin
"Those who would give up essential liberties to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither." -Ben Franklin
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by hypoluxa
My bet is that its delayed because MS wants to be able to get a working version of Leopard to see what else it can copy before it releases Vista... or maybe take out stuff that will make too much like OSX..(which it already does..) oh well, let them have their cake. 8)

That's a bet that you would lose. You would love losing it, no noubt. If you have been following the news, you would know that over the past few weeks Microsoft employees have exposed a lot of frustration and bitterness within the ranks. It started with that parody of the iPod packaging as done by Microsoft. Microsoft verified that it has serious problems when it reorganized its Windows unit. This all lends credibility to the reports that Windows Vista is so riddled with bugs that it cannot ship and that some employees are demanding the resignations of their executives. No, Vista's delays have nothing to do with MacOS X and everything to do with Microsoft.
post #23 of 30
Quote:
That's a bet that you would lose. You would love losing it, no noubt. If you have been following the news, you would know that over the past few weeks Microsoft employees have exposed a lot of frustration and bitterness within the ranks. It started with that parody of the iPod packaging as done by Microsoft. Microsoft verified that it has serious problems when it reorganized its Windows unit. This all lends credibility to the reports that Windows Vista is so riddled with bugs that it cannot ship and that some employees are demanding the resignations of their executives. No, Vista's delays have nothing to do with MacOS X and everything to do with Microsoft.

Im sure your right.. or pretty damn close at least... I was thinking of another thread I read a while back mentioning a person who was a Vista programmer and how (he) mentioned that there was a slew of stuff vista was doing that OSX was already doing / using and that MS had to "cut" out stuff to make look less OS X'y
post #24 of 30
Quote:

And of course, this you won't read at C|Net ...
2x2.7 PowerMac - 1.25 Powerbook - 10.4 Tiger - '65 Mustang
post #25 of 30
Everyone should be following Mini-MS, although now he's taking a brief break for a bit. Too much excitement with the reorgs and Vista delays.
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlue
And of course, this you won't read at C|Net ...

Why would you? C|Net is not a rumor site. Mini-MS's writer is an incognito, a stranger.

He may be who he says is and he may not be who he says he is. That's not what serious computer sites concern themselves with, unless there's no other news in the entire industry that is worthy of being published and they need to resort to using speculation and rumors to keep their readers coming to their site.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Why would you? C|Net is not a rumor site. Mini-MS's writer is an incognito, a stranger.

He may be who he says is and he may not be who he says he is. That's not what serious computer sites concern themselves with, unless there's no other news in the entire industry that is worthy of being published and they need to resort to using speculation and rumors to keep their readers coming to their site.

Maybe it's just a rumor, but a good journalist would think: 'where there's smoke, there's fire' and would try to find out more about this issue. Come on, Vista's release has been postponed more often than there's numbers on my calculator ! That's not only because it's so complex, it's bad managment too. Why not investigate this ? I have never read such a story. No wait, I do know why: just look at all the MS ad's flying around the C|Net homepage.
post #28 of 30
Quote:

Trust me...none of this stops an internet journalist from making stories using non-credible sources.

Probably around 95% of articles published on the net are pure unsubstantiated bullshit.
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlue
No wait, I do know why: just look at all the MS ad's flying around the C|Net homepage.

Yeah, so? C|Net has more positive articles about MS's competitors than not. When's the last time you saw C|Net bash Apple, Novell, RedHat, Oracle, IBM, etc? Yet they're all MS competitors. Vista has been delayed, and we all know that. But is some anonymous blogger, who has suddenly decided to 'cool it down' a bit - a reliable source and is he really who he says he is? We don't know that.

I could set up a blog tomorrow and start saying the same things about Apple and Jobs and Schiller et al. I could do the same thing - bash Apple and its entire management - you think C|Net would jump all over that story? I highly doubt it. Not everything is pro-MS and anti-Apple. Even if there are MS ads in there (as there are in this very forum and they're not far and few either).

Quote:
Trust me...none of this stops an internet journalist from making stories using non-credible sources.

That is true to a certain extent. But his/her credibility won't last long. And this mini-MS blog strikes me as nothing more than some Mr. Incognito writing from his basement in PalookaVille. I could be wrong, and he may be a whistleblower, but a whistleblower wouldn't back off after 3 days of coverage. This dude did.
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Yeah, so? C|Net has more positive articles about MS's competitors than not. When's the last time you saw C|Net bash Apple, Novell, RedHat, Oracle, IBM, etc?

So you think C|Net never takes bloggers seriously ? Only when it's in Apple's disadvantage. Last week, for example. Headline: 'Microsoft blogger critiques Apple security' Just a blogger. If they can publish him, why not that anti-MS blog that's all over the rest of the net ?

The last Apple bashing ? Oh, a few weeks ago ? ... Remember the security issues Apple had last month ? An innocent Trojan that's hard to execute and no-one has seen becomes a major threat. Several articles follow like 'Is MacOs as save as ever' etc ... They put a negative spin where they can.
Granted, that's how journalism works and their bias against Apple has improved in the last two or so years.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007....Go Leopard