or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Flying Car: New Sightings

Flying Car: New Sightings

post #1 of 12
The infamous Flying Car that was first spotted on GoogleMaps in January and reported by The Register and the Sydney Morning Herald has surfaced again.

This new one is in the same area and is reported in The Age.

Any ideas what's going on?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 12
Where are the flying cars? I was PROMISED flying cars!

Love that ad.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #3 of 12
The angles of the shadow "cast by the car" is inconsistent with those cast by other objects in the images.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #4 of 12
True for the first car. Not the second.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #5 of 12
So where is the Whomping Willow?

Some kind of Easter egg perhaps?

Now, when they catch one of the 'silent black helicopters' on it....
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #6 of 12
Very cool! Not that I think these images are rigged, but:

I foresee a new era of global, high tech hoax fun, like crop circles writ large (well, larger).

Come up with something startlingly weird, big enough to register on Google earth, then "discover" it and spread the word.

Floating cars are just the tip of the iceberg. How about floating buildings? Hidden "messages" in the middle of nowhere? Sinister and mysterious constructs on the tops of warehouses? Strange and unlikely configurations of cars in a parking lot, or a vast deployment of, say, 10 foot diameter circles over several square miles?

The trick, I guess, would be to have some sense of when the satellite updates the local image.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #7 of 12
Here is video evidence of flying cars:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/11376...rst_Flying_Car

Please install Flip4Mac to watch it:

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Marvin
Here is video evidence of flying cars:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/11376...rst_Flying_Car

Please install Flip4Mac to watch it:

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

That is without a doubt one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Very cool! Not that I think these images are rigged, but:

I foresee a new era of global, high tech hoax fun, like crop circles writ large (well, larger).

Come up with something startlingly weird, big enough to register on Google earth, then "discover" it and spread the word.

Floating cars are just the tip of the iceberg. How about floating buildings? Hidden "messages" in the middle of nowhere? Sinister and mysterious constructs on the tops of warehouses? Strange and unlikely configurations of cars in a parking lot, or a vast deployment of, say, 10 foot diameter circles over several square miles?

The trick, I guess, would be to have some sense of when the satellite updates the local image.

Or you can just do it the old natural way...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marree_Man
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
That is without a doubt one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

It's a shame that the wheels don't go round when the car finally "lands" with a forward motion component. (!)

Otherwise it's well done.
post #11 of 12
Well, if it is real, I doubt they wasted any space on the underside, and that includes taking out real wheels and their axles.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
Well, if it is real, I doubt they wasted any space on the underside, and that includes taking out real wheels and their axles.

I think Sammi was referring to the helium filled car shaped balloon Marvin linked to.

I bet weight is pretty critical with that rig; it may be that separate turning wheels (with axle and 4 motors) adds too much.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Flying Car: New Sightings