or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › magnifying the screen by using command keys

magnifying the screen by using command keys

post #1 of 5
At school the computers are setup to magnify the screen through a simple keystroke combo. I notice my I-book's System 10.3.9 keyboard preferences are set similarly, yet nothing happens when I hit the key combo. Is there some action I have to take to enable this feature?
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Ptrash
At school the computers are setup to magnify the screen through a simple keystroke combo. I notice my I-book's System 10.3.9 keyboard preferences are set similarly, yet nothing happens when I hit the key combo. Is there some action I have to take to enable this feature?

Hit command-option-8 to turn on (or off) the zoom feature.

For full settings, open the Universal Access pane in System Preferences.
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #3 of 5
Thanks. It worked. Is there a way to know that you're back at the default magnification setting?

PS Do preference pane utilities like Witch cause trouble with the OS?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Ptrash
Thanks. It worked. Is there a way to know that you're back at the default magnification setting?

If you set the "Minimum Zoom" slider all the way to the left, then whenever you hit command-option-minus it will "unzoom" all the way out. Other than that, the only way is to keep hitting the keys until it doesn't "unzoom" any more.
Quote:
PS Do preference pane utilities like Witch cause trouble with the OS?

Never used that, so can't say. What does it do?
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #5 of 5
Quote:
[i]Never used that, so can't say. What does it do? [/B]

Witch allows you to naviage open windows using any key combp you choose. It's handy if you're like me with 10 windows open simultaneously between 3 programs.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › magnifying the screen by using command keys