or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Round 3: Apple to battle Apple in court this week

Round 3: Apple to battle Apple in court this week - Page 2

post #41 of 42
James Taylor (of 'Fire and rain' fame) is probably their major artist (apart from Beatles).

I found a great quote from this source...

"The way the entire Beatle catalogue continues to retail at full price despite its age and the fact that Help! or With The Beatles or Sergeant Pepper could fit twice onto a single CD, represents the less savoury side of the Beatle inheritance.

I once moaned about this to EMI's then A& R chief, Nick Gatfield. 'Nothing to do with us,' he shrugged. 'Blame Apple.' EMI are merely licensed by Apple Corps to manufacture and distribute Beatle products. Since the bitter round of lawsuits between the assorted Beatles and their business manager Allen Klein which accompanied the break-up of the group, there has been no sign of the Utopian 'what's ours is yours' philosophy which lay behind the forming of the original, chaotic Apple. Today it is a secretive and unsentimental business organisation, marketing its priceless assets for all they're worth."

Nice insight
post #42 of 42
Any word out of the courtroom?

I agree with the preaching about world good and give peace a chance and let's sue their pants off not exactly jiving.

Keep your home bug-free: don't buy Beatles CDs.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Round 3: Apple to battle Apple in court this week