or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Playing games on a macbook pro?

Playing games on a macbook pro?

post #1 of 9
I recently bought a game called stubbs the zombie, but when i started playing the game was really slow. I minimized the resolution but it still was to slow. I just wanted to know what i could do to be able to run the game normally?
I have a Macbook Pro 1.83 with one gig and 128 video card

Thanks
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by lfmd
I recently bought a game called stubbs the zombie, but when i started playing the game was really slow. I minimized the resolution but it still was to slow. I just wanted to know what i could do to be able to run the game normally?
I have a Macbook Pro 1.83 with one gig and 128 video card

Thanks

That should be fine!
Ring tech support, you have 90 days fee phone help!
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #3 of 9
It's probably not universal.
post #4 of 9
To clarify the above, If the app (or in this case game) is not universal, the OS uses something called Rossetta to "translate" (hence the name) to be used on the macbook.

When/If they come out with a universal version, that would work at normal speed.
-Justin Winokur

15" Core i7 MacBook Pro, (circa July 2010)
-Justin Winokur

15" Core i7 MacBook Pro, (circa July 2010)
post #5 of 9
thanks fro the info. Are there any universal game out yet for the Macbook Pro?
post #6 of 9
post #7 of 9
Quote:

World of Warcraft
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
post #8 of 9
Quote:

Yes there are games that are Universal but the 2 that I want are about to be released very soon Quake 4 which looks awesome http://www.macgamestore.com/detail.php?ProductID=433 and Call of Duty 2 http://www.macgamestore.com/detail.php?ProductID=452

Btw I see your from Puerto Rico so am I! where are you from?
MacBook 1.83GHz, 1GB of Ram --> A more elegant notebook, for a more civilized age

An apple a day, keeps Microsoft away
MacBook 1.83GHz, 1GB of Ram --> A more elegant notebook, for a more civilized age

An apple a day, keeps Microsoft away
post #9 of 9
Here's a guide with Universal Binary Games. I don't think its complete, but it will give some info as to what games are universal and which run OK under Rosetta.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Playing games on a macbook pro?