or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Share your life: Personal Blogs

Share your life: Personal Blogs

post #1 of 51
Okay, AIers, I know lots of you have your blogs on your signature, but I'd like to start a thread (and I couldn't find an existing one) where we share ou lives all in one place. So if you're the exhibitionist type, let's see those URLs.

I intend this thread to be more about personal or political stuff, and not technology or work-related issues. However, if you've got a blog you're especially proud of for any reason, feel free to share.

Here's mine:

http://bentonton.blogspot.com

As online blog communities go, I like Blogspot better than Xanga, and I've also tried things like Friendster etc. I find Blogspot pretty flexible and easy to update.

I'll probably switch over to iWeb soon, since I'm already a dotmac member.

By the way, PLEASE POST COMMENTS ABOUT MY ENTRIES ON MY BLOG!!! And pleas post critiques of my blog in this thread. Thanks.
post #2 of 51
This is the second or third iteration of my personal blog.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #3 of 51
Quote:
Sensitive 80's guy looking for romance

'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #4 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
This is the second or third iteration of my personal blog.

Nice piece on politics there.
post #5 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean

Interested?
post #6 of 51
Weeeeell, not me personally, but the pink is cute I must say...
post #7 of 51
Blogs? No thanks. No one wants to know about me.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #8 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Nice piece on politics there.

Thanks. I used to write about politics a great deal there, but I've since stopped.
post #9 of 51
As it turns out, AI is my damn blog.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #10 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac_Doll
Blogs? No thanks. No one wants to know about me.

Oh, come on, everybody here wants to know all about you.
post #11 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by durin oakenskin

For some of the folks around here, that might depend upon what the meaning of "know" is.
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by durin oakenskin

no she was right the first time, reverse psychology dont work on me baby.
post #13 of 51
Damn you. Steve has a Reality Distortion Field. Me? I have a Reverse Psychology Field.

I feel so loved.

But please, refrain from calling me baby, Marc; never cared for it much.
post #14 of 51
Oh you've got it baby
post #15 of 51
sigh... I recently deleted all of the archived posts (sort of a rebirth, i guess) and haven't actually gotten around to working on it yet, but here's mine:

http://zherocharisma.livejournal.com

i'm working on being less of a baby, hehe.
post #16 of 51
Oh for crying out loud..

Knock it off, Gene! I don't like being referenced to an infant, dammit. "Babe," "sweetie," or even "cutie" would do.
post #17 of 51
Quote:

I don't like being referenced to an infant, dammit. "Babe," "sweetie," or even "cutie" would do.

post #18 of 51
Oh stop with the face. Babe is a better term because it's more often determining a sexy woman. Yes, it was used as a reference to infants a long time ago.
post #19 of 51
Quote:
Oh stop with the face. Babe is a better term because it's more often determining a sexy woman. Yes, it was used as a reference to infants a long time ago.

So you do mind being infantilized, but you don't if it's part of your being objectified?

post #20 of 51
Myspace is where it's at.
post #21 of 51
i started a photoblog a little while back... been going on for a lot longer than my previous attempts.

forrestcook.blogspot.com
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
post #22 of 51
Quote:
So you do mind being infantilized, but you don't if it's part of your being objectified?

Honey, I guess it's just something you can't comprehend. That, or it's just been so long since I've been called such things.
post #23 of 51
Quote:
Honey, I guess it's just something you can't comprehend. That, or it's just been so long since I've been called such things.

I'd prefer it if you didn't refer to me as bee larva food.
post #24 of 51
How about a delightful pastry, like Honey Bun?
post #25 of 51
How about a delightful pastry, like Honey Bun then?
post #26 of 51
Quote:
How about a delightful pastry, like Honey Bun then?

I am perfectly fine with "Honey Bun," as I have no problems with being affectionately referred to as a foodstuff.
post #27 of 51
I just started a blog a few weeks ago: http://davidchristsuperstar.wordpress.com/ although I used to have some silly lj thing. PM me for the password for some of the entries; a neccessary formality to prevent my parents from reading certain parts of it, as unfortunatly my parents are good internet sleuths.

Half of it is personal blah blah blah and the other half is political, religious, philosophical, technical, artistic etc.
post #28 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by david christ superstar
I just started a blog a few weeks ago: http://davidchristsuperstar.wordpress.com/ although I used to have some silly lj thing. PM me for the password for some of the entries; a neccessary formality to prevent my parents from reading certain parts of it, as unfortunatly my parents are good internet sleuths.

Half of it is personal blah blah blah and the other half is political, religious, philosophical, technical, artistic etc.

Who are you what do you think you are?
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Who are you what do you think you are?

I'm a silly college student dual majoring in Fine Art Photography and computer engineering who loves to debate anything, particularly philosophy, religion and politics. I think I'm a silly college student dual majoring in....
post #30 of 51
Foodstuff.. nice.

You Mac guys are so much fun.
post #31 of 51
Foodstuff.. nice.

post #32 of 51
I used to have a blog about anything and everything, although mostly music related. I decided it was a bit pointless, and despite some moanings from my friends and my girlfriend who was disappointed that I deleted loads of memories, I scrapped that.

Instead, photoblogging is much more fun, so I turned my old domain graemewarren.blogspot.com into a photoblog before abandoning it altogether for a photoblog at pixelmix.blogspot.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I like taking the odd photo with the compact digital camera, and I reckon I'll get a digital SLR in a year or two.

If you like it, bookmark it - it's updated daily.
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Foodstuff.. nice.

No problem chick, I was wondering - How long is the queue for your sister?
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally posted by david christ superstar
I'm a silly college student dual majoring in Fine Art Photography and computer engineering who loves to debate anything, particularly philosophy, religion and politics. I think I'm a silly college student dual majoring in....

Jesus Christ
Superstar
post #35 of 51
Eh, I'll bite. I've got a blog on Livejournal. com.

search pgh_mastamind. Most of it you would have to friend me to read, but there is some funny/stupid stuff if you don't.

It's mostly me bitching about life...work (or lack thereof), friends, music, GF, whatnot.
"Life's a game, and I'm the player stuck at the character select screen."
"Life's a game, and I'm the player stuck at the character select screen."
post #36 of 51
Sorry, Marc; my sister's married.
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Sorry, Marc; my sister's married.

damn, have to settle for your mum then.
post #38 of 51
http://nostyleart.com/talk

my personal blog. im a graphic designer, so thats the main theme pretty much. anyone using anything else from safari may not see a title bar image, i don't know why it does that, but i cant find the problem in the .css coding. wanna help me with that? read some of my stuff too, tell me what you think..
post #39 of 51
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #40 of 51
Quote:

So the 'Nut's got a real name. Cool.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Share your life: Personal Blogs