or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Who Loves Houseplants?

Who Loves Houseplants?

post #1 of 10
Nobody?

Grr.

Well, the ex-girlfriend (the cute asian one) and I are talking again. She's throwing a housewarming party and I'm expected to at least bring a houseplant (since I'm probably the only guest not graduated from college yet).

Anyone have any good houseplant ideas? I don't want to spend terribly much or have to search high and low for one. It should be fairly easy to maintain (busy girl after all). That's about it.

Let me know your ideas!
post #2 of 10
Spider plant or a varigated ivy (not right name probably). I inherited one of each on the window sill next to my lab bench and they do fine with minimal light and water avout once a month.
post #3 of 10
Plastic version of poison ivy is THE gift for an ex girlfriend.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #4 of 10
Oh, you definitely have to go with this stuff called "Lucky" bamboo. My mom bought so many of those things years ago, and they are still alive! They don't need to be watered every day since they don't sit in soil, but rather gravel, or marbles, or rocks. We have one that is like rocks in a cool vase thing. I muts admit that they are nice looking.
Live life in the Left Lane
Live life in the Left Lane
post #5 of 10
I got a Brazilian Zebra Plant from Home Depot a few months ago. It's still alive, which must mean that it's a hardy plant.

It looks really cool, but I don't know how much luck you'll have finding them outside of the tropics/subtropics. The yellow spike started coming up in mid January and it's starting to wither now. Supposedly that's normal.

Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #6 of 10
These are always nice too have... Quite handy in those times of drought too...

post #7 of 10
Bring a Cactus. They make a good weapon.
post #8 of 10
<Ex unwraps Shawn's very unplant like looking gift. Holds up small item of clothing.>

Ex: (annoyed) And what sort of plant do you call this Shawn?

Shawn: Plant? What? Oh! You wanted houseplants! <slaps forehead> Sorry, I thought you said hot pants.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #9 of 10
Find a friend with a spider plant... its the plant that keeps on giving...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #10 of 10
How about poison ivy..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Who Loves Houseplants?