or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Best CRM tool for Mac?

Best CRM tool for Mac? - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Today I came across the apparently new Start, Run and Grow Your Business bundle on sale at the Apple Store. It's built with Adobe AIR so it's cross-platform.

It includes a "Sales Contact Database" as one of its components. No idea yet as to how capable this sales-tracking database is.

Edit: Here's the main site. Anybody have a screenshot of the database?

I can't help but laugh when I see software solutions like the one listed above (sorry, Frank). IMO, technology is a great helper, but the real core of business is finding out what people want and then selling it to them. That's pretty much it... besides the getting paid part. Too much tech can get in the way of the actual business part of business. Considering that the multi-billion dollar company around whose activities we all govern our lives started in a garage at the right place and time with almost no tech available at the time... the tech is a part of, but not the most important part of running a business. I guess I probably sound like a cranky old man for making comments like this.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #42 of 56
New player in the Mac CRM market announced yesterday.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #43 of 56
Can anyone suggest any affordable web apps that do project management, CRM, and billing?
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan5 View Post

Can anyone suggest any affordable web apps that do project management, CRM, and billing?

In my experience, web apps seem to be built primarily for larger organizations, and it's hard to find cost-effective apps for the SOHO market.

The only desktop app I know of that is well regarded and does all three areas you mention is Studiometry.
post #45 of 56
Okay, so Filemaker has introduced a Contact and Customer Manager template for Bento 3.

It beats me as to why they'd work on a CRM template with Opportunity Management for their $50. database, when their professional product doesn't have one yet.

From reading the comments, it appears that Bento can't print letters or envelopes. What?
post #46 of 56
I've looked at Daylite, SugarCRM, and others and have picked Daylite. There are some that don't do as much, and some that do a lot more (like sugarcrm). Daylite works best since I'm an independent financial advisor and not General Motors, and not a by-hour contract worker/consultant. You really need to look at each solution to see what best fits your business. I took 3 full days and evaluate 5 solutions before picking Daylite. There have been a number of Mac CRM companies come and go, another reason I choose Marketcircle's Daylite, it's not a one man shop.

ElementsCRM is a Mac-centric desktop/web CRM -- too big for me (like sugarcrm) but great for small businesses http://www.ntractive.com/.

Best of luck!
post #47 of 56
There are only four hours left in the MacUpdate Promo to get Contactizer Pro for half price.
post #48 of 56
Look at http://www.atollon.com/crm
Atollon just released newest generation CRM solution for (not only) Mac OS X. It includes smart tasks, project management & collaboration, groupware tools, incl. integrated e-mail & more.
post #49 of 56
I Would like to suggest Azor.
A multi user, push application for Windows Mac & iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Some modules in Azor:
- Project Management
- Document Management
- HRM
- CRM
- Statistics

Has been a real help for me.

more info on:
Website
post #50 of 56
Azor looks interesting, but I'll need an English version of the site to try it out.
post #51 of 56
Does anyone here use Jumsoft's Relationship? Any reviews?
post #52 of 56
Has anyone here used Pipejump? Any opinions?
post #53 of 56
Another one to look at

http://www.teamdf.com/nutshellcrm

Based on FileMaker, built by these developers
post #54 of 56
Weird. I thought this was Nutshell CRM.
post #55 of 56
A good forum always comes-up with new and exciting information and specially topics related CRM.
So thanks for sharing the information.
post #56 of 56

Marketcircle's Daylite, which I have previously dismissed for having a seriously outdated interface, has been upgraded to version 4.

It now has a much more modern look and a Sidebar-style interface.

Word on the Net seems to be that it was rushed to beat the June deadline for sandboxing, and as a result, users are reporting higher than normal bouts of crashing.

Oddly, Macworld hasn't done a single story on the new release. Since Daylite is the really the only Sales CRM game in town on the Mac platform, one would expect MacWorld to do a 'First Look' and then follow up with a complete review. This may speak to the idea that the release is known to be a bit shaky, and MW is waiting for a maintenance release before diving in.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Best CRM tool for Mac?