Originally posted by mercury7
thanks for your advise....does'nt look like it is going to sell, now I just need to decide whether to relist or keep it...I really love it, I just got thinking about that dual boot thingy and got caught up in the hype
Eh ... I'd approach this the same way you approach any new computer purchase. Do you absolutely need it - or is it something you want. Wanting is okay, but can leave you out a lot of cash.
Boot Camp is a nice feature, but is it something you have to have right now? I understand wanting to play games on it and stuff like that, but it's something to wait on until you're ready to buy a new computer. I bought the iMac G5 2 days before the Intels came out and I really thought about returning it for the new ones, but I just needed my applications natively ... the thought of running Mathematica, or Photoshop, or Unreal Tournament on Rosetta made me cringe a little bit, so I stayed where I'm at. In about 2 years, I'll probably spring for a new desktop because I'll want a new one by then. There was nothign wrong with the iMac G4 I had, I just wanted to upgrade and I did. So you should ask yourself a few questions before you go all in for the new computer:
1) Do you need the upgrades offered
2) Do you have the money
It's that simple. You might try relisting the PowerBook based on my earlier post and see how it goes. Before you do that, I'd try pricing out the MBP you want at The Apple Store
and seeing how much its going to cost, then setting your reserve price on the PB accordingly. You probably won't get enough to pay for the 2.0 GHz MBP, but you might just get enough to pay for the 1.83 GHz.
Good luck again!!