or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Worst President in History?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Worst President in History? - Page 43  

post #1681 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Bush has killed a whole lot more people than Osama - orders of magnitude more. And a lot
of those people were killed because of negligence - he just doesn't pay enough attention
to do a good job, and neither do any of his other top staff members (except for maybe Condi).


The stupidity is amazing.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1682 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The stupidity is amazing.



Isn't it though?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #1683 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The stupidity is amazing.

Everything I have said is pure fact - what do you disagree with in particular?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #1684 of 1703
Bush has done more to destroy our way of life than Osama has.

Bush is doing more to restrict our freedoms. He is doing more to destroy our image around the world - which will have economic, social and other repurcussions for many years to come. He has violated the very constitution he promised to uphold by spying on his own citizens, kidnapping freign nationals and ttransporting them across international boundaries... the list is rather long.

Bush has also been integral in the deaths of countless thousands of Iraqis in a misguided quest for righteousness.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #1685 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

The stupidity is amazing.

... and the activities inside Abu Ghraib were pretty much as bad as college hazing, right, SDW?
meh
meh
post #1686 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Everything I have said is pure fact - what do you disagree with in particular?

I disagree that the comparison is valid. You're comparing the President of the United States to an international terrorist who delibrately murders innocents in the name if an extreme ideology. It's sick.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1687 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Bush has done more to destroy our way of life than Osama has.

Bush is doing more to restrict our freedoms. He is doing more to destroy our image around the world - which will have economic, social and other repurcussions for many years to come. He has violated the very constitution he promised to uphold by spying on his own citizens, kidnapping freign nationals and ttransporting them across international boundaries... the list is rather long.

Bush has also been integral in the deaths of countless thousands of Iraqis in a misguided quest for righteousness.

1. What freedoms have you lost?
2. Let's assume you're right. So what? Wouldn't that be typical? I mean, on one hand we have bin laden, who is dedicated to our destruction. How would that harm our image?
3. I disagree he's "violated the Constitution."
4. Kidnapping? Oh shut up.
5. Innocents have been killed. But not intentionally. We do what is possible to avoid the deaths of innocents. Tell me how bin laden does the same.

I should really just learn not to engage you in this issue though. Any comparision between the POTUS and OBL shows you to be completely unreasonable, and perhaps mentally ill.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1688 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

... and the activities inside Abu Ghraib were pretty much as bad as college hazing, right, SDW?

Yeah, because Bush personally ordered it. Oh wait...next you'll post that the "buck stops here" and therefore he's responsible. Not playing that game.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1689 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Any comparision between the POTUS and OBL shows you to be completely unreasonable, and perhaps mentally ill.

SDW: In this thread and another, you have referred to several people as asses. Your opinion is moot when you stoop to such childish levels. Then you call me possibly mentally ill. I really doubt that, but then, if it were true, I wouldn't know! Ha! Heh heh! Might be true!

Grow up, SDW, and please refrain from calling people asses unless you wish to appear like one yourself.

---

A freedom I have lost is to be able to fly home with my wife and not have her fingerprinted at the airport like a criminal. A freedom I have lost is to have my wife treated with respect - rather than as a potential threat - at the US Embassy in Tokyo; the last time we were there it was so horrid that she never wants to visit the US, and I agreed with her reasons. A freedom that I have lost is to have my bank accounts in Japan not supervised by the US government; that's right: I am required by law to submit to the US government all details of my bank accounts (even the joint ones held with my wife who is Japanese) in Japan where I am a permanent resident or risk $500,000 in fines and a five year jail term because I would be considered a potential terrorist supporter. Who knows what the government is doing with that info. A freedom I have lost is the ability to choose my own life; the US Embassy tried rather strongly to get me to move back to the US (perhaps because then I would not be tax-exempt), and told me in not so vague language that it was un-American of me to want to live abroad, much less change my nationality (which I am considering strongly). I've aslo lost the freedomg to live in peace without the fear the the US will attack the country I live in based on concocted information to achieve its own ends.

Kidnapping: Shall we discuss the CIA flights around Europe? I will not shut up about those. If I do or have to, I will have lost another freedom.

"We do what's possible..."? Are you a commanding officer? How many innocents have been killed? Compare it to Bin Laden, if you desire. It is a much higher figure, and still climbing.

The Constitution. Well, we have been through that before (most of what I have said here has been sid before, but you refuse to accept any of it; typical SDW technique: act like you have never seen the idea put forth before).

Bin Laden is destroying the US because people like you have chosen to allow him to, without firing another shot. The US is self-destructing at a rapid pace and OBL is probably laughing his head off. Bush, on the other hand, has created an image of an illiterate, snobby, impromptu-gung-ho, all-be-damned nation that will use military force to coerce others to its thinking without respect for international law.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #1690 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah, because Bush personally ordered it. Oh wait...next you'll post that the "buck stops here" and therefore he's responsible. Not playing that game.

Uhh... read anything about Cheney's on abuse? Read any of Bush's responses to the claims about Abu?

Please post some links to sources proving that the WH was not in the know.

While you're at it, link to some references that show an Ilatian court has not asked for several CIA agents to be extradited to stand trial? (The US tries hard to get people extradited to the US, but utterly refuses to allow Americans to be held accountable by other countries; do a quick search about the US bases in Okinawa to see what I mean).

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #1691 of 1703
Looks like this thread has run it's course and it's just a bunch of bickering and OT points being tossed in. Anyone care to fill me in on why this thread should stay open?
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #1692 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

SDW: In this thread and another, you have referred to several people as asses. Your opinion is moot when you stoop to such childish levels. Then you call me possibly mentally ill. I really doubt that, but then, if it were true, I wouldn't know! Ha! Heh heh! Might be true!

You know, everyone is free to disagree with SDW all they want, but to call him out alone for stooping to childish levels is wholly disingenuous.

While he has been given an infraction for that particular remark, why don't we at least be honest and also recognize that he takes more than his share of childish hits from several people who are always of differing opinion than he is? He takes tons of heat, and much of it skirts around the rules/infractions grey areas so as to avoid moderation.

We've got plenty of people stooping to childish levels around here. And we don't have enough bandwidth to list them all in one thread. So let's not even start a list.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #1693 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageous View Post

You know, everyone is free to disagree with SDW all they want, but to call him out alone for stooping to childish levels is wholly disingenuous.

While he has been given an infraction for that particular remark, why don't we at least be honest and also recognize that he takes more than his share of childish hits from several people who are always of differing opinion than he is? He takes tons of heat, and much of it skirts around the rules/infractions grey areas so as to avoid moderation.

We've got plenty of people stooping to childish levels around here. And we don't have enough bandwidth to list them all in one thread. So let's not even start a list.

I think you should close this thread. You can only beat a dead horse so long.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #1694 of 1703
I'll give it a few replies to get back on track.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #1695 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yeah, because Bush personally ordered it. Oh wait...next you'll post that the "buck stops here" and therefore he's responsible. Not playing that game.

No, I'm just pointing out -- by QUOTING YOU -- that you're in absolutely no place to talk about stupidity. You totally scuppered any claim to sense, either intellectual or moral, with that statement.

The one where you said that what went on in Abu Ghraib was 'like hazing.' You know, all those murders and stuff.
meh
meh
post #1696 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

SDW: In this thread and another, you have referred to several people as asses. Your opinion is moot when you stoop to such childish levels. Then you call me possibly mentally ill. I really doubt that, but then, if it were true, I wouldn't know! Ha! Heh heh! Might be true!

Grow up, SDW, and please refrain from calling people asses unless you wish to appear like one yourself.

---

A freedom I have lost is to be able to fly home with my wife and not have her fingerprinted at the airport like a criminal. A freedom I have lost is to have my wife treated with respect - rather than as a potential threat - at the US Embassy in Tokyo; the last time we were there it was so horrid that she never wants to visit the US, and I agreed with her reasons. A freedom that I have lost is to have my bank accounts in Japan not supervised by the US government; that's right: I am required by law to submit to the US government all details of my bank accounts (even the joint ones held with my wife who is Japanese) in Japan where I am a permanent resident or risk $500,000 in fines and a five year jail term because I would be considered a potential terrorist supporter. Who knows what the government is doing with that info. A freedom I have lost is the ability to choose my own life; the US Embassy tried rather strongly to get me to move back to the US (perhaps because then I would not be tax-exempt), and told me in not so vague language that it was un-American of me to want to live abroad, much less change my nationality (which I am considering strongly). I've aslo lost the freedomg to live in peace without the fear the the US will attack the country I live in based on concocted information to achieve its own ends.

Kidnapping: Shall we discuss the CIA flights around Europe? I will not shut up about those. If I do or have to, I will have lost another freedom.

"We do what's possible..."? Are you a commanding officer? How many innocents have been killed? Compare it to Bin Laden, if you desire. It is a much higher figure, and still climbing.

The Constitution. Well, we have been through that before (most of what I have said here has been sid before, but you refuse to accept any of it; typical SDW technique: act like you have never seen the idea put forth before).

Bin Laden is destroying the US because people like you have chosen to allow him to, without firing another shot. The US is self-destructing at a rapid pace and OBL is probably laughing his head off. Bush, on the other hand, has created an image of an illiterate, snobby, impromptu-gung-ho, all-be-damned nation that will use military force to coerce others to its thinking without respect for international law.


OK, so you don't like some of the policies that have been implemented since 9/11. Fair enough. But are you honestly suggesting that this is the sole responsibility og GWB? The fact is that many of these measures would have likely happened no matter who was in office. It's the world we live in now. That means you're financials transactions are going to be monitored. That means increased airport security, particularly for international travel. The things you mentioned are inconveniences...they're hardly "freedoms" and they're certainly not the sole responsilbility of the President.

Kidnapping? Even if what you say is true (and its debatable) "kidnapping" is not the appropriate term.

Innocents: Why does the number really matter? The point is we do everything possible to avoid civilian casualties. You know this full well. Now, you can take issue with the "collateral damage," but don't compare it to the delibrate murder of innocents.

The Constitution: Yeah, we've been through it. No, I don't accept it because I think you're wrong. I have clearly stated where I disagree with the administration on constitutional issues, but you've conveniently ignored that.

How exactly have "people like me" allowed bin laden to do anything? Secondly, how are we self-destructing exactly?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1697 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

No, I'm just pointing out -- by QUOTING YOU -- that you're in absolutely no place to talk about stupidity. You totally scuppered any claim to sense, either intellectual or moral, with that statement.

The one where you said that what went on in Abu Ghraib was 'like hazing.' You know, all those murders and stuff.

No I didn't. I never said that.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1698 of 1703
I had it in my signature for a while. A cut and paste. God, I hope I can find it on the site because that would be fun.

edit 2: i supspect you are right and i am wrong in this -- it may well have been NaplesX, who was a right bell-end. I don't know for a fact, but I'm going to leave this here as an apology because I can't substantiate it.

edit 3: ***CONFIRMED*** my error
meh
meh
post #1699 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

I had it in my signature for a while. A cut and paste. God, I hope I can find it on the site because that would be fun.

edit 2: i supspect you are right and i am wrong in this -- it may well have been NaplesX, who was a right bell-end. I don't know for a fact, but I'm going to leave this here as an apology because I can't substantiate it.


Thanks. Really, I truly don't think I ever said that. In fact, I'm willing to say I'm positive.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #1700 of 1703
It was Naples.
post #1701 of 1703
The Aussie Hicks has (finally - meaning it has taken a long time, not that I think it should have happened) been charged... after five years in captivity. Five years with no charges, no lawyer, no "normal" visitation for a prison.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/01....ap/index.html

The Aussies blew up at Indonesia for trying some dude on drug charges, so I can only wonder how they will react to this.

He was charged originally under some laws that the Supreme Court declared un-constitutional. New laws have now been written, I guess, to ensure that he is tried way past the normal period of limitations would have run out.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

post #1702 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

SDW: In this thread and another, you have referred to several people as asses. Your opinion is moot when you stoop to such childish levels. Then you call me possibly mentally ill. I really doubt that, but then, if it were true, I wouldn't know! Ha! Heh heh! Might be true!

Grow up, SDW, and please refrain from calling people asses unless you wish to appear like one yourself.

---

A freedom I have lost is to be able to fly home with my wife and not have her fingerprinted at the airport like a criminal. A freedom I have lost is to have my wife treated with respect - rather than as a potential threat - at the US Embassy in Tokyo; the last time we were there it was so horrid that she never wants to visit the US, and I agreed with her reasons. A freedom that I have lost is to have my bank accounts in Japan not supervised by the US government; that's right: I am required by law to submit to the US government all details of my bank accounts (even the joint ones held with my wife who is Japanese) in Japan where I am a permanent resident or risk $500,000 in fines and a five year jail term because I would be considered a potential terrorist supporter. Who knows what the government is doing with that info. A freedom I have lost is the ability to choose my own life; the US Embassy tried rather strongly to get me to move back to the US (perhaps because then I would not be tax-exempt), and told me in not so vague language that it was un-American of me to want to live abroad, much less change my nationality (which I am considering strongly). I've aslo lost the freedomg to live in peace without the fear the the US will attack the country I live in based on concocted information to achieve its own ends.

Kidnapping: Shall we discuss the CIA flights around Europe? I will not shut up about those. If I do or have to, I will have lost another freedom.

"We do what's possible..."? Are you a commanding officer? How many innocents have been killed? Compare it to Bin Laden, if you desire. It is a much higher figure, and still climbing.

The Constitution. Well, we have been through that before (most of what I have said here has been sid before, but you refuse to accept any of it; typical SDW technique: act like you have never seen the idea put forth before).

Bin Laden is destroying the US because people like you have chosen to allow him to, without firing another shot. The US is self-destructing at a rapid pace and OBL is probably laughing his head off. Bush, on the other hand, has created an image of an illiterate, snobby, impromptu-gung-ho, all-be-damned nation that will use military force to coerce others to its thinking without respect for international law.


I have tried to tell him this before. The terrorists got exactly what they wanted because they knew how Bush would react.

However SDW ( being a blind Bush supporter ) just doesn't get it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #1703 of 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I have tried to tell him this before. The terrorists got exactly what they wanted because they knew how Bush would react.

However SDW ( being a blind Bush supporter ) just doesn't get it.

Uh..what did they want, exactly? Let's see...they wanted to destroy our economy. Hmm...that didn't go so well. Do you see tanks rolling through the streets? Are you not allowed to criticize the government's policies any longer? Seriously...where is this fascism you speak of? I can only assume that's what you mean.

Oh, and I am certainly not a "blind bush supporter," though I'm not sure I should even engage in defending myself on that point. I'm just not blinded by utter hatred for the man. I actually agree with a good portion of what he's done. I also disagree on several issues. I've listed them before. You won't care about that though, because as usual you're too busy painting me and/or bombing the thread of with irrelevant links, to avoid actually supporting anything you say.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Worst President in History?