or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..

Time to make things fun.. - Page 6

post #201 of 631
mind you, - I did object to hardeharhars description of me. Bastard.
post #202 of 631
Quote:
originally posted by hardehar
That screams 43 year old balding greesy double chin ex-ambulance chaser who was disbarred due to his tendency to blackmail his lady of the night client's johns after the ladies went to jail...

But im not 43 dammit
post #203 of 631
Thanks, CosmoNut.

Marc: Well then just how old are you then? And Flick, I do hope that was a tongue in cheek statement.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #204 of 631
post #205 of 631
Well.. that just goes to show that everything you've said was intended as a joke... right?\
I like older men... but damn.. and you're well aware of my age? You're one dirty old man.
post #206 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by durin oakenskin
no name yet for the MBP - any suggestions?.

Chesnut broaster, sperm assasin, space heater, leg-warmer, hunka-hunka-burnin-Mac...
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #207 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac_Doll
A little clarification for you guys:

TWiT and Your Mac Life are online radio shows that cater to the interests of the Mac community. TWiT stands for This Week in Tech.

NO...podcast!=radio show, and I am not sure how the YML guys call themselves a radio show...they aren't on the radio...are they??? They are a webcast, no differant than any other webcast...and why the hell do they play the filler music to extend the commercial breaks, it isnt like affiliates along the line are insurting local content...there are no affiliates... and the show is just waayyyy too long and drug out. Tell Mr. King to cut the show down by at least 30 minutes and it may be tolerable...

OTHR Twit is really good, easy to listen to, fun and always interesting.
post #208 of 631
Quote:
Well.. that just goes to show that everything you've said was intended as a joke... right?\
I like older men... but damn.. and you're well aware of my age? You're one dirty old man.

Well sweetie, let just say that everything I said was intended 'to make things fun' as you requested, in your own words "Shits and giggles" and "doesn't anyone want to talk to the girl?"....

Right, so heres the "Truth"!

Actually im 30, been single for too long (go figure ) and from your myspace profile, we have quite alot in common. The music we listen too, being interested in animation, music production, macs, a desire to work at Pixar, and maybe the same kind of spiritual outlook. I also like brunette gothy chicks and it looks like you have a sizable pair of dials, which always goes down well!

I aint bi, but if you want to bring another girl to bed, i sure aint going to complain!

So i just thought I'd have a laugh with you.
post #209 of 631
This thread scares the shit out of me.
post #210 of 631
Placebo: ..and yet, you're undeniably attracted to it.

a_greer: I can see your point about YML, but I still find Mr. King and the bunch very amusing.

Marc: I know you were just having a laugh. It did seem a bit far fetched for a 68 year old man to be a fan of APC and Depeche Mode.
A lot in common, huh? That's cool to know.
post #211 of 631
well, I may as well play along

Name agreer is close enough
Birthday: April 1, 1985
Zodiac Sign: dont have time to follow up on such worthless crap
What Mac(s) do you own? Mac Mini 1.2, 512
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? ZDTV/Tech TV (RIP) I saw the mac guru demo OS 10.0 and I knew instantly that I wanted a Mac, finally, the dark age of System 7-9 was DEAD...
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? No...but where I to, this one would be named Beachball
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? no, but the FireWire port can keep a man warm through those cold lonely nights JK, LOL
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Sure, why not...
Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one? 15 inch Macbook pro, too rich for my blood...
Favorite food: A good cut of steak cooked medium is heaven
TWiT or Your Mac Life? TWiT, YML is just...in need of help...
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 60 GB photo (though not marked as photo on the box), 512 MB thumbdrive...er...uhh...shuffle...hate that thing...
post #212 of 631
Nice to see you joining in, a_greer!
post #213 of 631
Couldn't let you guys (and girl(s?)) have all the fun.

Name: John
Birthday: 12/17/1988
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
What Mac(s) do you own? Powermac 5500, Powermac 7300, Bondi iMac, and 15" MBP (on the way) as well as a collection of PCs, although I also routinely use a Powermac G5 (Dual 2.0)
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs' Ego
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? "The computer that works"
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Only to make the PC's jealous
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? As long as they're virus-free.
Do you have a favorite Mac model? PowerMac G4 Quicksilver
Favorite food: Food of the techies: pizza (with mushrooms on top)
TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 4G 40Gig
My computer can beat up your computer.
My computer can beat up your computer.
post #214 of 631
Ooh.. I love pizza with mushrooms. 8)
post #215 of 631
Quote:
Ooh.. I love pizza with mushrooms. 8)

Who doesn't
post #216 of 631
Quote:
Placebo: ..and yet, you're undeniably attracted to it.

Just like you're undeniably attracted to me.

Oh, admit it!
post #217 of 631
There's nothing to admit to.. you're a bit too young, dear. I still like you though.. you're a riot.
post #218 of 631

What immediately came to mind.

God I love that movie.
post #219 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo

What immediately came to mind.

God I love that movie.

40 year old virgin...you in 22 years?
post #220 of 631
Man-O-Lantern..
post #221 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
40 year old virgin...you in 22 years?

No, I'll unfortunately be waiting 24 years. \
post #222 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
No, I'll unfortunately be waiting 24 years. \

You are only 16?!?!?...and you have already resorted to trying shamlessly to pick up chicks in internet forums???? DUDE, what are you going to be resorting to in like 6 years...when you are out of school, and you come to the realization that the bar scene sucks (at least for us "geeks")?
post #223 of 631
That's why there's Internet Cafes. Fuck the Bars. We female Geeks are out there, you just gotta know where to look.

Placebo, I really doubt you'll wait that long. It's just too bad you're so young. 8)
post #224 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
You are only 16?!?!?...and you have already resorted to trying shamlessly to pick up chicks in internet forums????

The dude is smart man.. while you and I play stupid crappy Xbox's and GameCubes, the dude's picking up chicks already... virtually, perhaps, but chicks nonetheless...
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #225 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
The dude is smart man.. while you and I play stupid crappy Xbox's and GameCubes, the dude's picking up chicks already... virtually, perhaps, but chicks nonetheless...

The last gaming system that I have owned is a N64 when I was 12...put it in a drawr when I was 15...havnt ownhed a TV game system...

Amd MacDoll- I am in Indiana, 'nuff said...
post #226 of 631
Closer than California. But at least I am nearest her age. Naa Naa.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
post #227 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
Closer than California. But at least I am nearest her age. Naa Naa.

No, I was making a comment in resopnce to her mention of cyber cafes...we have corn...and...well, corn...this is indiana, we have the Indy 500 and that is it....life here is...corny...
post #228 of 631
Well, it's humid here in Florida. I can't stand it. I'm from Ohio, dammit.

You guys can make a girl laugh.

I own a mint condition Sega Genesis.. which only cost me $40 at the local comic book store.
post #229 of 631
Quote:
I own a mint condition Sega Genesis.. which only cost me $40 at the local comic book store.

YEA!!! now THAT is smokin' Sonic RULES!
post #230 of 631
Quote:

I lost mine to Hurricane Frances.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #231 of 631
I'm sorry to hear that, Splinemodel.

I also have the original Sonic the Hedgehog game that came with the first Genesis I had in 1991, which bought the farm years ago.
post #232 of 631
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that, Splinemodel.

I also have the original Sonic the Hedgehog game that came with the first Genesis I had in 1991, which bought the farm years ago.

I think mine still works.
post #233 of 631
Yep, a little nostalgia never hurt anyone. Shit, a lot of the games are still fun to play.
post #234 of 631
Quote:
Yep, a little nostalgia never hurt anyone. Shit, a lot of the games are still fun to play.

I don't like the newer 3D games. I find them more difficult to play. I prefer the older ones. NES to PSX is my range.
post #235 of 631
If only they had save cards back then though...

I'm not a fan of Xbox... please don't flame me... \
post #236 of 631
Quote:
If only they had save cards back then though...

I agree.
Quote:

That's cool.
post #237 of 631
Quote:

Glad I am not the only one, like 20 buttons on the controller, a gazillion menus just to get to the game...so much crap...just give me sonic or SMB, where the only option was 1 or 2 player, then you went right to the game...and all functions of the controller could easily be used without evolving a third hand.
post #238 of 631
Quote:

I bought a Gameboy Advance SP a few days ago on Ebay, I'll be buying a flashcart so I can load roms onto it. Then it'll be a while of exploring the NES and GBC.
post #239 of 631
real geeks run emulators on their PC's (or macs). WinUAE is really cool, running Amiga demo discs from 1992.
post #240 of 631
Marc: You're gone for a while, and that's all you have to say? I'm crushed.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..