or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..

Time to make things fun.. - Page 10

post #361 of 631
I still miss having a cat. Even though they give me itchy, watery eyes and a runny nose... I still love them.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #362 of 631
I have a cat. I love him so much. I'll post a picture when I have time. You won't believe his size.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #363 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac_Doll
I still miss having a cat. Even though they give me itchy, watery eyes and a runny nose... I still love them.

They do have those genetically-engineered cats for people with allergies.
post #364 of 631
Genetically engineered?! That's creepy. Umm.. I'll just take the Claritin.. thanks though.
post #365 of 631
Didn't scientists make a glow-in-the-dark cat a few years ago. Or was that a Rabbit?

*Reads TFA*

EDIT: Beat you all on cat pics. Cat doing what Cats do best...

Drinking from a Raindrip system I set up.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #366 of 631
Quote:
Genetically engineered?! That's creepy. Umm.. I'll just take the Claritin.. thanks though.

It's not that creepy. I guess the cats are bred where the allergy-inducing traits are non-existent or low. \
post #367 of 631
Name: Eric
Birthday: May. 14, 1977
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
What Mac(s) do you own? Mac Mini, 12" iBook G4
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? No
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? Once in a while.
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Yes.
Do you have a favorite Mac model? Not really.
Favorite food: Anything
TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? Nano 4GB, Mini 6GB and 5th Generation 30GB iPod (Black).
post #368 of 631
Ebby: I love your kitty! Awww...

blackbird_1.0: I just prefer cats and other animals to just be left to be theirselves. Like I said, I don't mind the Claritin.

lakingsfn: Nice to meet you!
post #369 of 631
Quote:
theirselves. Like I said, I don't mind the Claritin.

Ah, okay. My apologies.
post #370 of 631
Don't apologize; I know you were just trying to help.
post #371 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by blackbird_1.0
It's not that creepy. I guess the cats are bred where the allergy-inducing traits are non-existent or low. \

From what I hear; the non alergenic cats are hairless, as adults, they pretty much look like Mr. Bigglesworth, Dr Evils cat from the Austin Powers movies, that kinda defeats the purpose of a cat doesnt it?

Disclaimer: I am not a cat person, but Mom and sister are; so I can deal with it.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #372 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
From what I hear; the non alergenic cats are hairless, as adults, they pretty much look like Mr. Bigglesworth, Dr Evils cat from the Austin Powers movies, that kinda defeats the purpose of a cat doesnt it?

Disclaimer: I am not a cat person, but Mom and sister are; so I can deal with it.

No.

They aren't bred to be that way either. There is one gene responsible for the allergic response to cats in humans. The scientists simply knocked that gene out of a cat embryo, and voila had a hypoallergenic cat when they grew the embryo up...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #373 of 631
Quote:

Seriously not creepy. It isn't as if they are putting a gene into the cats.
post #374 of 631
I understand the idea, and genetics are fascinating, but I just don't like the idea of changing an animal's genetic makeup in order to accomodate us. It's just how I feel... \

A hairless cat is a cat too.. so I'd love it all the same.
post #375 of 631
I didn't mean to start something. I just thought it was cool.
post #376 of 631
Name: Jordan
Birthday: January 27, 1987
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
What Mac(s) do you own? iMac G5
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Mr Jobs of course.
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? Not yet, but thinking of it.
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? When I first got it, after that I cant remember.
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? Yes, why not? Is this a trick question?
Do you have a favorite Mac model? iMac G4 was kind of cool.
Favorite food: Pizza.
TWiT or Your Mac Life? None.
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 5th Generation 30GB White.
"Did your house just explode?"

"Its the most fun in the park, when your laughing in the dark."

"You better watch yourself, or the Crimson Clown will get you."

post #377 of 631
BlackShadowWolf sounds ominous. Any story behind that username?

On a side note: So, uh, what happened MarcUK?
Was I too much competition to keep up with or did things get so steamy you had to move to private messages? Hehe. Almost seems like I won! *Mac_Doll rolls her eyes* Just kidding. But things certainly quieted sown around here with the exception of the new profiles. I kinda miss the competitively flirtatious days of yore. \
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #378 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
BlackShadowWolf sounds ominous. Any story behind that username?

Well I used to do some heavy online roleplaying and had a wolf character with the name General BlackShadow . All true, he was the shit If I dont say so myself. But alas I gave all that roleplaying up when I went off to college last year \. I guess I always keep the name as a reminder of times not so long ago.

post #379 of 631
BlackShadowWolf: I like your username; it sounds Pagan. You seem like a cool guy. Roleplaying, huh? Ever play Warcrack... errr..Warcraft? I hear it's obviously addictive.

Ebby: You cheeky monkey! I did roll my eyes! Yeah, the flirting did provide me with much entertainment. No, I haven't seen Marc either. Oh well... LOL

blackbird_1.0: Honey, I know you meant well. I just have my beliefs. No harm done.
post #380 of 631
Quote:
BlackShadowWolf: I like your username; it sounds Pagan. You seem like a cool guy. Roleplaying, huh? Ever play Warcrack... errr..Warcraft? I hear it's obviously addictive.

Well thank you for your kind words,I like Paganism, but dont really know that much about it, and yep Ive heard of Warcraft, but refuse to play it. You buy the game then have to pay more to play it. Bah Im too cheap . And I forgot to add this to my list.

Mac: pimped iBook G3 Tangerine, 300MHz with 10GB HD(put it in myself) . 320MB RAM, 10.3.9. The works, its my baby... til I get MacBook Pro.

post #381 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackShadowWolf
pimped iBook G3 Tangerine, 300MHz with 10GB HD(put it in myself) . 320MB RAM, 10.3.9.

Yeah, you're pushing that thing to the limit. How well does it run everything? Is it fairly "snappy?"
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #382 of 631
I imagine it will lag at some stuff, but OS X is still quite responsive on old hardware. If you haven't already, download a program called OnyX and disable all the bells & whistles you can. I found it helps a lot with responsiveness.

My specs: 400Mhz Pismo, 60 GB hard drive, 640MB RAM
My system works fine for web/email/MS Office but I have a 333Mhz machine that is just too slow to use.

FYI: Fastest way to speed up your machine: $75
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #383 of 631
10 GB on an iBook G3?! Damn! That'd be something to see.
post #384 of 631
Everything works well with it, I bought the HD off ifixit.com and had to tear the computer apart to put it in, but they had a very handy guide so it works out well. OSX is rather slow, but with the max ram, I can run iChat, Messenger, iTunes, and Word 2004 at the same time with only little-moderate lag. Mind you tht I deleted a lot of startup items so there is only 27 processes running at start.

On a side note I did try to run Unreal Tournament 2k4 on it by using my iMac as a server and trying to access the app by there, but it crashed since the graphics chip is ancient, well a guy can dream .

Edit: I also have Mac OS 9.2.2 on there which runs well to, use Hyperstudio to make games when Im bored .

post #385 of 631
Yeah, I heard ifixit's a good place to shop. I don't have the patience (or guts) to open up and work on my iBook. I don't want to hurt her. I'll leave that in the hands of a professional.
post #386 of 631
I'm a professional. If you'd want some extra help handling your parts, all you gotta do is ask.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #387 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
I'm a professional. If you'd want some extra help handling your parts, all you gotta do is ask.

I reckon her fan is blocked and needs a good blow-out.
post #388 of 631
Quote:
Yeah, I heard ifixit's a good place to shop. I don't have the patience (or guts) to open up and work on my iBook. I don't want to hurt her. I'll leave that in the hands of a professional.

what is wrong? If you want RAM, that is easy...the HDD is harder, but not too hard...there are plenty of diagrams online for any rev.
post #389 of 631
I've been contemplating more memory; I still have the original 512 MB.

Marc: Always the pervert, eh?

I could always take her to a Mac Genius at an Apple Store... LOL

And yes, I always refer to my iBook as a female.. because, well, she is. I love her very much.
post #390 of 631
Quote:
I've been contemplating more memory; I still have the original 512 MB.

Marc: Always the pervert, eh?

I could always take her to a Mac Genius at an Apple Store... LOL

And yes, I always refer to my iBook as a female.. because, well, she is. I love her very much.

so all the flirting here has been for nothing, darn.
post #391 of 631
You're funny! No, I love her like a child; she's my baby.
post #392 of 631
Where did my Mac Homeboys all go?
post #393 of 631
Quote:
Where did my Mac Homeboys all go?

it's too hot to play inside come outside!

flick.
post #394 of 631
I agree with Flick. It's wonderful outside. Go out and play. Just to get some conversation going again, what do you do in your free time? Besides browsing the internet. I personally like to eat and sleep, but I also like to get some of my friends together and play ultimate frisbee or soccer. If I am not doing any of those then I am most likely practicing French Horn.
post #395 of 631
Hate to be the pathetic one here, but the friends I have here don't talk to me, they're too wrapped up in their own lives. That, and I work from 5:30 to 1am five days a week. That leaves two days for me to "go outside." Don't pity me too much; my lack of friends nearby is probably my fault.
post #396 of 631
Quote:
Hate to be the pathetic one here, but the friends I have here don't talk to me, they're too wrapped up in their own lives. That, and I work from 5:30 to 1am five days a week. That leaves two days for me to "go outside." Don't pity me too much; my lack of friends nearby is probably my fault.

Are you a fighter?
What aheppened to your friends?
I've watched you become the centre of attention here very quickly.. you seem nice.

flick.

I LOVE FRISBEE!!!
post #397 of 631
No, it's not because of I scared them off, they just have more going on than I do. I'm very shy and I'm not a social butterfly... I feel more comfortable talking to people online than in person. Nothing against people, I'm just insecure about my looks... and I've had bad past experiences with social situations where I don't have the nerve to talk to anyone. I am nice, but I'm also an extreme introvert.

My reclusive behavior allowed me to focus on my college education, and I now have an Associate's degree. I can't help but feel lonely though.
post #398 of 631
Quote:
No, it's not because of I scared them off, they just have more going on than I do. I'm very shy and I'm not a social butterfly... I feel more comfortable talking to people online than in person. Nothing against people, I'm just insecure about my looks... and I've had bad past experiences with social situations where I don't have the nerve to talk to anyone. I am nice, but I'm also an extreme introvert.

My reclusive behavior allowed me to focus on my college education, and I now have an Associate's degree. I can't help but feel lonely though.

I used to be like that, but after moving twice in one year to different states I learned that having friends was better than being depressed. I've also managed to convince myself that people don't think that I look horribly disfigured. I don't know how I managed to do that, but I have. Haha.

I LOVE FRISBEE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #399 of 631
Quote:

I'm with maimezvous on this.By no means are you an ugly person.

One thing that toally blows my mind is how females, and to some extend males, allow them selves to believe they arn't x beautiful cause some magazine suggests that not being 115 lbs or not having abs or blue eyes etc. is a bad thing.

Truth be told Mac_Doll, in the end, if you just stick your neck out you may find worth while guys aren't so picky.

Besides I saw that pic of you on my space, regardless of how old it is, you have friendly look.

you have my vote.

maimezvous frisbee in canada some time?

flick.
post #400 of 631
Next time I'm in Canada we'll play frisbee, Flick. Haha.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..