or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..

Time to make things fun.. - Page 11

post #401 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac_Doll
Hate to be the pathetic one here, but the friends I have here don't talk to me, they're too wrapped up in their own lives.

Ditto.
post #402 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by maimezvous
Next time I'm in Canada we'll play frisbee, Flick. Haha.

You have a place to stay..
and don't let the romour of it being cold fool you we have a 29 - 30 degree C all week.

come for the stampede best party you'll even attend.

bring Mac_Doll.

flick.
post #403 of 631
I not so much depressed as I am introverted. When I get into a group of people, I feel like sliding away. I've had this problem since I was little; my sister would be outside climbing trees with her friends, while I'd stay inside and draw pictures or read books.

Truth be told Flick, I'd love to come play frisbee. I also adore Canada; it's beautiful up there. Thanks for making me feel better, you guys.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #404 of 631
Finally have some new photos of me.

post #405 of 631
Werd.

flick.
post #406 of 631
Aw, Mac_Doll. Have no fear. I haven't forgotten about you, babe. It's just that my life is running 180 miles a minute right now (at both work and home) that it's hard to know which way is up!

I literally have to find creative ways lately to "wind down" at the end of the day or else I get a terrible night's sleep. The last couple of nights have been better, but even still I go to sleep and wake up with work on the brain.

For those of you not in the know, we have about $200,000 worth of audio-video equipment being installed at work and I'm our organization's project manager. At any given moment I'm working with two different contractors and several of our staff to make sure it gets done right. What makes it overly complicated is that we're integrating a bunch of our existing "old" equipment with the new stuff all the while trying to keep our government-access cable TV channel on the air.

This is the first time I think I've been able to check or post to the boards, while at work, in a couple of days.

Mac_Doll, your PM has more.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #407 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Flick Justice
You have a place to stay..
and don't let the romour of it being cold fool you we have a 29 - 30 degree C all week.

come for the stampede best party you'll even attend.

bring Mac_Doll.

flick.

I've never been to Canada. Sadly, I can not go for the stampede. I have summer school. It's lame but at least it lets me take the classes that I want to next year.

Mac_Doll, in those pictures, you remind me of a couple of my friends. I haven't seen them in about a month, and I probably won't see them until school starts again. I just hate that.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #408 of 631
Well I've looked long and hard.. all I can find for a picture of me is this short clip of me bailing on my snowboard..
SNOW!

flick.
post #409 of 631
Quote:
Finally have some new photos of me.

Nice...anf Flick...you may wanna get those eyes checked...and avoid the Wal-Mart eye doctors this time!

Update:
sorry Flick...I saw "werd" as "weird" I guess I am just not used to slang being spelled out...
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #410 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Aw, Mac_Doll. Have no fear. I haven't forgotten about you, babe. It's just that my life is running 180 miles a minute right now (at both work and home) that it's hard to know which way is up!

I literally have to find creative ways lately to "wind down" at the end of the day or else I get a terrible night's sleep. The last couple of nights have been better, but even still I go to sleep and wake up with work on the brain.

For those of you not in the know, we have about $200,000 worth of audio-video equipment being installed at work and I'm our organization's project manager. At any given moment I'm working with two different contractors and several of our staff to make sure it gets done right. What makes it overly complicated is that we're integrating a bunch of our existing "old" equipment with the new stuff all the while trying to keep our government-access cable TV channel on the air.

This is the first time I think I've been able to check or post to the boards, while at work, in a couple of days.

Mac_Doll, your PM has more.

Thanks, dear. I know you're stressed and busy; that's how I decided on your birthday gift. Honestly, the fact you admitted you've had to find creative ways to relax lately is one heck of a coincidence.

maimezvous: Aw, thanks! I remember those days. It sucked. The last time I saw my friends was during college.
post #411 of 631
Quote:

One thing that toally blows my mind is how females, and to some extend males, allow them selves to believe they arn't x beautiful cause some magazine suggests that not being 115 lbs or not having abs or blue eyes etc. is a bad thing.

Honestly, there are 2 key facts here that most girls ignore;

1: In movies and TV people have hours of makeup, hair, all kinds of special...ehem...enhancing garments, surgery, favorable lighting, and the "blur" that is caused by the SDTV resolution (this is a real issue in the news and local/regional programming biz, HD freaks them out because they dont have all of the tweaks availible to hollywoods A-list) AND PRINT just ask a Photoshop pro what can be done to make the ugly hot...

2: Contrary to the rags that call themselves "ladies magazines" (most) guys dont like the super thin 110LB anarexic type, that isnt healthy...a little shapliness can be good...skeletons wrapped in skin are not as hot as they are made out to be.
post #412 of 631
Quote:
Well I've looked long and hard.. all I can find for a picture of me is this short clip of me bailing on my snowboard..
SNOW!

flick.

I miss snow like that. It snows here in Indiana, but we don't get the real stuff. Just ice rain and a thin powder. I used to live in the foothills of the Rockies. That was some good snow.
post #413 of 631
a_greer, I'm well aware of those things. I like my curves. I should still lose about 20 pounds so I can show my natural hourglass figure better. That, and so I can lose the back pain.
post #414 of 631
Quote:
I miss snow like that. It snows here in Indiana, but we don't get the real stuff. Just ice rain and a thin powder. I used to live in the foothills of the Rockies. That was some good snow.

I'm from the North, and I've lived in Florida for 13 years. I miss snow desperately.
post #415 of 631
Yeah I love it up here, meaning Calgary Alberta Canada. I'm 45 mins from the rockie and even less than that to go to some of the best mountain biking in the world.

We ahd a fairly good winter as far as snow goes this year but I fear that powder days are getting more and more rare.

Mac_Doll, go get that hour glass back

do you folks Ski, board or bike?

flick.
post #416 of 631
Quote:
a_greer, I'm well aware of those things. I like my curves. I

I wasnt speaking of you; I was making a general statment about a lot of girls who seem caught up in in superficial... It is something I see the evidence of every day (hell, just walk a mall, you cant miss it.) Back pain not withstanding; I have yet to run into a girl who doesnt mention that they "need to lose weight" no matter what size they are...

With all of this obsession with "loosing weight" it seems like the only folks not (at least outwardly) concerned about their health and looks are the ones who really should be...the ones who litterally have fat rolls dripping off of the sides of a chair when they sit down...

Society is so odd in some respects...
post #417 of 631
Quote:

Obviously a newcomer to our "fine" state...last 2 winters have been reallllly tame...this winter will be a doozy, 2 mild winters...really mild summer...If, at some point, this coming winter, there isnt two or more feet of snow on the grownd for the better part of a week, 3-4 times...I will eat my figurative hat.
post #418 of 631
Quote:

do you folks Ski, board or bike?

I drive...
post #419 of 631
I want to lose weight for health reasons as well; it'll be less stress on my body frame and feet. My family history also puts me at risk of diabetes and heart disease. If I can lose some weight, the risk will be greatly lowered.

Flick: I like to bike, and I'd love to rollerblade; haven't done it in years.
post #420 of 631
anyone seen the new Suoperman movie yet? thooughts, opinions?
post #421 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
anyone seen the new Suoperman movie yet? thooughts, opinions?

Did you mean Souperman? No, I haven't seen it yet. I might go tonight.

Flick, I used to do all of those things, but now I live in Indiana and there are only corn and soybean fields here. My mountain bike is almost useless.
post #422 of 631
I'm likely going to wait till the theaters arn't packed before I go see the great one soar acroos the silver screen.

a_greer: Driving is fun too!

Mac_doll: I own a t-shirt that says "Friends don't let friends roller blade". I'm not a huge fan

Why on earth would you move to indiana? I ask because I don't know the place at all.

flick.
post #423 of 631
Speaking of hourglass...

I saw THIS beauty the other day and made her my desktop picture. Too bad it is a little blurry or I could have really zoomed in.

(Yes, that IS a spider reference for those with phobias. You have been warned. )
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #424 of 631
Name (first only if you wish): patty
Birthday: dec 8th 1977
Zodiac Sign: sag
What Mac(s) do you own? 12' powerbook g4 1.5 ghz and imac g5 20' 2.1 ghz
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? (Pogue, Woz, folks like that):
More than one: Jobs i'm not picky
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? If so, what are they? sometimes they are called by their first name sometimes they are just my bitches
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? my laptop.
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? heck yes
Do you have a favorite Mac model? If so, which one? the new powermac, imac g4 (sunflower) new imac, g4 powerbooks
Favorite food: spanish, thai, greek
TWiT or Your Mac Life? Your Mac Life! Love them.
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 5th gen black ipod 30 gig
post #425 of 631
Hello, Patty! Nice to see a new face.

Flick: But... I had so much fun rollerblading...
post #426 of 631
I'd like to take a moment to wish my good friend, CosmoNut, a wonderful birthday! Make it count and eat some cake, buddy!
post #427 of 631
Quote:

Why on earth would you move to indiana? I ask because I don't know the place at all.

The ONLY cool thing about living here is the Indy Motor Speedway, I have been to one Nascar race and would have been going to the F1 US Grand Prix this weekend if I could have secured a decent job in the last month and a half...Living about 45 minutes away is kinda cool, except I have never acctually watched an Indy 500, the Indy ABC is requiered to black it out, so they show it live from tape at 7PM, opposite the Coke 600...I already know the outcome by then and lets face it, Nascar crashes are just plain cool...

For the record: I was born into this craphole; FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DONT COME HERE!!!
post #428 of 631
Quote:
I'd like to take a moment to wish my good friend, CosmoNut, a wonderful birthday! Make it count and eat some cake, buddy!

Aw, gee, thanks Mac_Doll! And thanks for the iTunes gift. That was a nice thing to wake up to. It IS a cool song! Very rich and beautiful.
post #429 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
The ONLY cool thing about living here is the Indy Motor Speedway, I have been to one Nascar race and would have been going to the F1 US Grand Prix this weekend if I could have secured a decent job in the last month and a half...Living about 45 minutes away is kinda cool, except I have never acctually watched an Indy 500, the Indy ABC is requiered to black it out, so they show it live from tape at 7PM, opposite the Coke 600...I already know the outcome by then and lets face it, Nascar crashes are just plain cool...

For the record: I was born into this craphole; FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DONT COME HERE!!!

Haha. Yeah, Indiana isn't that interesting. I ended up moving here because my grandparents live here, and my mother wanted to live near family, and she was also able to get a job on Purdue campus. I don't mind Indiana for now. I think as soon as I can, I will move to Washington state. I love it there.

As for the Indy 500, it definitly is one of the greatest reasons to live here. I have gone for the past four years. It is amazing. I've never watched a Nascar race before. I'll probably do that sometime.

Happy Birthday CosmoNut.
post #430 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Aw, gee, thanks Mac_Doll! And thanks for the iTunes gift. That was a nice thing to wake up to. It IS a cool song! Very rich and beautiful.

I am so happy to hear you like the song! It's my favorite NIN song of all time. Hope you get your card in the mail today.
post #431 of 631
Honestly, I'm just bumping this thread at this point. Where my boys at?
post #432 of 631
I've been spending every ounce of free time on a PHP project.

That and caring for an ailing cat, planning a trip to LA in a few days, signing up for summer school (blah), and general around-the-houseries.

I check in now and then, but there was a time I had to log out of AI to keep from getting distracted.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #433 of 631
Quote:
Honestly, I'm just bumping this thread at this point. Where my boys at?

still here...took a couple days off...Cant beat cookouts with beer brauts...yummy!
post #434 of 631
I have to work until 1am on the Fourth... can you believe that?
post #435 of 631
Quote:
I have to work until 1am on the Fourth... can you believe that?

I'm here...

not sure why really.. weed perhaps?
poor sleeping conditions due to the heat?
Mac_Doll calling to me through the ether?

flick.
post #436 of 631
Oh, Ouch! That is harsh.

I often work into the wee morning hours with some A/V projects or restoring wedding photos but I always try to work around holidays. Not so easy in your job, but we've all been in this situation; working on special days.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #437 of 631
Let's put it this way: the sooner I'm out of this job, the better I'll be. I hardly eat right, and I get more frequent headaches; I have one right now. I want out of food service for good.

Flick, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say... are you under the influence? You should get some sleep, dear.
post #438 of 631
Quote:
Let's put it this way: the sooner I'm out of this job, the better I'll be. I hardly eat right, and I get more frequent headaches; I have one right now. I want out of food service for good.

Flick, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say... are you under the influence? You should get some sleep, dear.

Regardless its hot here.
and its only 11:45 so that not too late,
I'm playing with 'Delicious library' brilliant piece of spftware for video/audiophiles.

Mac_Dawl:
What is your prefered job? what are you schooled/ing in?

flick.
post #439 of 631
I recently got my Associate's degree. I'm an Animation major. I want to work for Pixar, but until then, I'd rather be in retail.. specifically Apple's retail.
post #440 of 631
Quote:
I recently got my Associate's degree. I'm an Animation major. I want to work for Pixar, but until then, I'd rather be in retail.. specifically Apple's retail.

you could be John Lasseters or Jobs' NAKED chef?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..