or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..

Time to make things fun.. - Page 13

post #481 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac_Doll
Well, that's at least something... more than what I have at the moment. \

Sorry, IF you keep plugging away, you will find something...hell, I landed this gig by sending in like 3 resumes...it got noticed, that is all that matters; I can pretty much nail an interview; getting one is the tough part.

Quote:
I hope it all goes as planned. Good luck!

Been a long 48 HRS, that is why no reply; but after some major bumps in the road (WOW, a $2 car part can cause a world of havoc!) it all seems to be coming together...I hit the office in the mroning! I am enjoying my last few HRS of broke-ass freedom!
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #482 of 631
Congratulations, dear!

Yeah, I'll admit, I need to get my ass in gear. The pursuit is the toughest part.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #483 of 631
Quote:
Congratulations, dear!

Yeah, I'll admit, I need to get my ass in gear. The pursuit is the toughest part.

nope, just get some gear in your ass
post #484 of 631
Oh.. shut up, you!
post #485 of 631
Haha, funny guys. I meant to get a job this summer, but that never happened, and now that school is about to start again I can't. So much for my dreams of money.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #486 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by maimezvous
Haha, funny guys. I meant to get a job this summer, but that never happened, and now that school is about to start again I can't. So much for my dreams of money.

Dude, find a weekend gig, heck, I would start by looking at video stores, think about this: work weekends at a video store and on top of a paycheck, (allbeit a small one, a paycheck never the less) you get free movie rentals...from where I sit, that is a decent perk as perks go in entry level jobs...beats a free BigMac meal every day...it may be free, but it gets disgusting quick...anyway, enough of that.

Just think outside the box, remember, you have evenings and weekends, even going to school full time (HS or College) a 20 hour job is not too hard to balance.
post #487 of 631
Yeah I've had a job before. The first semester of the year is hard though. I'm involved in marching band from August to October and then after marching band is done pep band starts for basketball. Then there is also jazz band, school theater productions, volunteer programs, and homework. I would totally work on Sundays, but my grandparents don't want me to for religious purposes. I would love to have a job for Saturdays and then for a few hours during the week but since I live near a college campus there is a lot of competition in the job market, and employers look for availability the most and I just don't have that.
post #488 of 631
You could easily get a gig at a retail store with those kind of hours. When I worked for Hot Topic, two four hour shifts was what I often got. When summer rolls around, they'll give you more. The peak sales periods are in the summer, when parents are buying "back to school" stuff for their kids, and during November to December. Those are the periods when you'll score extra hours. I agree, you should still look into getting a job. A little money is better than no money.
post #489 of 631
Quote:
When I worked for Hot Topic, two four hour shifts was what I often got. When summer rolls around, they'll give you more. The peak sales periods are in the summer, when parents are buying "back to school" stuff for their kids

What kind of parent buys back-to-school stuff for their kid at Hot Topic? Actually, what kind of parent buys ANYTHING at Hot Topic?
My computer can beat up your computer.
My computer can beat up your computer.
post #490 of 631
A parent who is smart enough to recognize and determine what clothes are appropriate for school. I worked there, and I met parents with your mindset. Let me clear things up: we are not a dirty, Satanic store. We sell plenty of school friendly attire. We are also selling supplies for school, like paper, notebooks, bookbags, and binders. It's up to the parents to be aware and discretionary enough to know what's right for school. Parents should also allow their kids to wear stuff they like, to a point. Hot Topic, as well as other stores, are more than happy to assist any parent in the buying process. If they need help, we here for them. We're not going to goad parents into buying a product of ours that is obviously inappropriate for school. I understand if you have bad feelings about what Hot Topic represents: rebellion, individuality, loudness, deviation. These are good things when toned down with good old common sense. Hot Topic offers more than just dark, Gothic merchandise, and if you keep an open mind, I invite you to come into a store and find out for yourself.
post #491 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by mynamehere
What kind of parent buys back-to-school stuff for their kid at Hot Topic? Actually, what kind of parent buys ANYTHING at Hot Topic?

Parents of kids who think rebelling against the society involves purchasing corporate-made, low quality crap that vaguely resembles terrible fashions of the 70's and 90's/

Speaking of which, apparently the 90's is now making a comeback: http://hotbisexualmodel.blogspot.com...ing-ideas.html
post #492 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by gregmightdothat
Parents of kids who think rebelling against the society involves purchasing corporate-made, low quality crap that vaguely resembles terrible fashions of the 70's and 90's/

Speaking of which, apparently the 90's is now making a comeback: http://hotbisexualmodel.blogspot.com...ing-ideas.html

hehehe....reminds me of good ole days of HS, when kids had jeans so baggy that they drug on the floor like a wedding gown, some of the only fond memories of the bullies I have involve stepping on the excess, then watching them fall, then helping them up and makeing some con-decending comment like "that wouldnt happen if your cloths fit"...it was hilarious! the rich, "in crowd" was getting picked on, taking the attention off us 80lb, 4ft nerds...(I an now 6FT and a heafty 220, my what a couple of years can do)
post #493 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
..., taking the attention off us 80lb, 4ft nerds...(I an now 6FT and a heafty 220, my what a couple of years can do)

So that's what you mean by "Rev B Bug Free".
post #494 of 631
Aww... but I always loved the short, skinny nerds in school; I always had crushes on them! I was the "weird girl." You know what? Fuck them... I figure it was a blessing to be "weird." 8)
post #495 of 631
Quote:
Aww... but I always loved the short, skinny nerds in school; I always had crushes on them! I was the "weird girl." You know what? Fuck them... I figure it was a blessing to be "weird." 8)

I preferred the "weird girls" because they could have a conversation without saying "like" every 2 seconds, and could talk about something other than crappy TV, locker room gossip, and teachers they hate...
post #496 of 631
Heh.. you pegged me; I did love talking about science... with the nerds.
post #497 of 631
Quote:
Heh.. you pegged me; I did love talking about science... with the nerds.

Nice! So what are the chances of your wormhole self destructing if I fill it with my matter?
post #498 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
Nice! So what are the chances of your wormhole self destructing if I fill it with my matter?

That's gross.
post #499 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by gregmightdothat
That's gross.

Careful, if you play too close to my event horizon, i'll suck you in.
post #500 of 631
Name: Mike
Birthday: August 2, 1977
Zodiac Sign: Leo
What Mac(s) do you own? iMac G5, Mac IIci, UMAX c600 (clone)
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs, Jonathan Ives, and Phil Schiller
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? My IIci was Mars, c600 never got named, and my iMac is "Night Star G5"
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? No, but I did kiss my iMac when I first got it.
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? I am married to one.
Do you have a favorite Mac model? iMac G5/intel. I live that form factor
Favorite food: I really don't have much of a favorite. I guess steak is where it is at.
TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? I have a 2GB iPod Nano (black). Ironically, I named that my NightPod.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

-- Mike Eggleston

post #501 of 631
Marc, there's no way you're getting near my "heavenly body." Go eat some anti-matter.

Nice to meet you, Mike! Aw... must be so cool to be married to a Mac user.
post #502 of 631
Quote:
must be so cool to be married to a Mac user.

Wanna find out?
post #503 of 631
Name: Mike
Birthday: 4th march 1988
Zodiac Sign: picies or however you spell it
What Mac(s) do you own? macbook 1.83ghz
Who's your favorite notable person of the Mac community? Steve Jobs
Do you give your Mac(s) name(s)? yer, piece of shite, just work!!!
Have you ever hugged your Mac(s)? No
Would you ever date a person if you knew they were a Mac user? er, doesnt realy matter
Do you have a favorite Mac model? powermac g5
Favorite food: sausage and mash, mmmmm
TWiT or Your Mac Life? Neither
Have an iPod? If so, what model(s)? 30gb 5th gen ipod
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
post #504 of 631
Quote:
Nice to meet you, Mike! Aw... must be so cool to be married to a Mac user.

It is. Makes life a whole lot easier. Plus there is the added fact that we like to heckle Windoze resellers. Ever gone to a Wal-Mart and asked the sales associates where the real computers are? Good fun!!

-- Mike Eggleston

-- Mike Eggleston

post #505 of 631
I just started a thread in iTunes/ipod for this, but iTms now has Metalica! ROCK ON!!!!
post #506 of 631
I swear to god, at least 3 out of 5 males in the world are named Mike.
post #507 of 631
Mike: Wow! That does sound fun! Not only that, but you can go to Macworld together, spend a week in Cupertino, go to an Apple Store hand in hand... it's all so romantic!!!

a_greer: Umm... I don't know you well enough... I do want to marry a Mac Geek though. I told my sister about Metallica on iTunes, she and her husband are big fans. She uses a PC, but I finally got her to install iTunes on it.
post #508 of 631
Quote:

a_greer: Umm... I don't know you well enough... I do want to marry a Mac Geek though. I told my sister about Metallica on iTunes, she and her husband are big fans. She uses a PC, but I finally got her to install iTunes on it.

All we need now is AC/DC; but untill we get it, I guess these guys will just have to do.
post #509 of 631
Oh.. you're a hoot!
I'm more into Electronic music, namely Industrial and Synthpop. I only like a few of Metallica's songs, and I'm not very into AC/DC... sorry to break your heart.
post #510 of 631
Quote:
Marc, there's no way you're getting near my "heavenly body." Go eat some anti-matter.

No heavenly body required! - All I want to do is explore and mine the cleft of Venus.
post #511 of 631
Quote:
Mike: Wow! That does sound fun! Not only that, but you can go to Macworld together, spend a week in Cupertino, go to an Apple Store hand in hand... it's all so romantic!!!

I haven't quite gotten her to the point of a MacWorld being like a "second honeymoon" yet.... But I am working on that!!

It was kinda interesting actually. She was a Windoze user before she met me. The only reason why she held out for so long is that she did here Genealogy work in Family Tree Maker. Once I showed her Reunion, it was easy street at that point. Now she has become enlightened, and acts as if she was always that way...

-- Mike Eggleston

-- Mike Eggleston

post #512 of 631
Quote:
No heavenly body required! - All I want to do is explore and mine the cleft of Venus.

That's taking things a little too far, 'kay?
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #513 of 631
Quote:

If it weren't for being a teenager and having access to Wikipedia for hours on end, I would've had to look that up.
post #514 of 631
Placebo had to research something.. Just kidding, dear.

Marc: Sorry, but you'll have make a shooting star on your own, kthx.

Mike: I'm sure she'll warm up to Macworld eventually. For me, that'd be Heaven! I'd also be game for WWDC or any old Computer Fair.
post #515 of 631
Quote:

Disregard the silly stuff.

OK, Done.

Most of the guys here seem like dicks...they seem to be the types that are looking for chicks online because they get punched in the face every time they go to a bar.
post #516 of 631
Holy crap.. I see you dislike MySpace, but not all of the other stuff is silly.. like the words I typed and the video clips... I like those... I trust you saw my other photos, right?

Have you ever been dissed in a bar? I've only been to a female strip bar... an ex-manager threw me my 21st birthday party there... I probably shouldn't be saying this...
post #517 of 631
You know what? I just noticed that this thread is the biggest one on this forum; 515 posts and over 7,000 views.. holy shit..
post #518 of 631
Quote:
I've only been to a female strip bar... an ex-manager threw me my 21st birthday party there... I probably shouldn't be saying this...

so you've ever only been to 1 bar in your entire adult life?

Dont you go out or stuff?
post #519 of 631
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
If it weren't for being a teenager and having access to Wikipedia for hours on end, I would've had to look that up.

yeah right, you had to look that up!
post #520 of 631
Marc: Uh, no. 1) I don't have a lot of money to blow on having fun. 2) I'm painfully shy in public situations.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..