or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..

Time to make things fun.. - Page 15

post #561 of 631
Oh, Hell no! Not if I have anything to do with it!!

Hey guys. My Internet's been fucked the past few days, but I (and this thread) are still very much alive.

By the way, I gathered up enough courage to apply for a job in Apple retail tonight. Fingers crossed!
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #562 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

Oh, Hell no! Not if I have anything to do with it!!

Hey guys. My Internet's been fucked the past few days, but I (and this thread) are still very much alive.

By the way, I gathered up enough courage to apply for a job in Apple retail tonight. Fingers crossed!

mmmmmm Apple...

Good luck with the job search...

Gonna get yourself a MacPro and 30 inch diaplay with your discount? If so, I will come over with pizza and beer (or whatever food you would prefer) in order to do some...benchmarks
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #563 of 631
LMAO...
Dude, I haven't even received a phone call yet! No, not a Mac Pro, but I would love a high-end MacBook or iMac. It's just me.

By the way, I'm not a fan of beer.. LOL
post #564 of 631
I applied but I guess I'm overqualified and wouldn't be able to mis-state technical specifications and have no knowledge of the platform like the people at Apple Northshore do.
post #565 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo

I applied but I guess I'm overqualified and wouldn't be able to mis-state technical specifications and have no knowledge of the platform like the people at Apple Northshore do.

They must have gone to the same instructors as Apple Biltmore (AZ) did, because those people were the most under-qualified, over-paid morons I have ever seen. I took in my wife's iBook for repair (under AppleCare) and they said AppleCare wouldn't cover it. I called AppleCare directly, they shipped out a box the next day, and two days later it was fully repaired, with even better AirPort reception, I might add.

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

post #566 of 631
Quote:

LMAO...
Dude, I haven't even received a phone call yet! No, not a Mac Pro, but I would love a high-end MacBook or iMac. It's just me.

By the way, I'm not a fan of beer.. LOL

Nor am I...but the 2 just kinda go together...

If you wanna be a 3D animator, such a setup (the mp+BIG LCD) would be an awsome tool to start freelancing.
post #567 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo

True story: I usually ask a dumb softball question before getting serious with a salesman to make sure they arent yanking my chain: I asked an employee "how much RAM is in this Powermac to make it render so fast and how much can it hold?" She said it can hold 16 GB but she had no idea what was in there...I would need to speak with a "pro" sales specialest..." No mention of the apple menu-> "about this mac"...

MacDoll is too smart for that role...
post #568 of 631
Thanks for the compliment, a_greer. That is pretty sad, though; I'd even consult "About This Mac.." I do it on my own Mac.

I actually told them in my application, "I'm not a Mac expert by any means, but I am eager and willing to learn more so that I may help others."

Yeah, you're right about the MacPro... it would be fun to render my own animations on that sucker, especially when you can get an awesome ATI graphics card in there, and two terabytes worth of hard disk space.. mmmmmm..
Bet I could install Pixar's RenderMan or Apple's Shake in it too... oh, this is getting too tempting..
post #569 of 631
Quote:

Thanks for the compliment, a_greer. That is pretty sad, though; I'd even consult "About This Mac.." I do it on my own Mac.

I actually told them in my application, "I'm not a Mac expert by any means, but I am eager and willing to learn more so that I may help others."

Yeah, you're right about the MacPro... it would be fun to render my own animations on that sucker, especially when you can get an awesome ATI graphics card in there, and two terabytes worth of hard disk space.. mmmmmm..
Bet I could install Pixar's RenderMan or Apple's Shake in it too... oh, this is getting too tempting..

Dont waist your money on Shake at this point: for one, it doesnt render on the fly, and second, Apple has EOL'd it. Wait till NAB 2007 and see what Apple has to say about 3-d there...
post #570 of 631
Wait until next year?! Awww...
post #571 of 631
Quote:

Wait until next year?! Awww...

...theres always Conduit, a motion uber-plugin, to tide you over...
post #572 of 631
Thanks, dear.

I turn 22 today!
post #573 of 631
Happy birthday, Mac_Doll!
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #574 of 631
Thanks so much, CosmoNut! *hugs*
I hope you're feeling better.
post #575 of 631
Quote:

Thanks, dear.

I turn 22 today!

Happy b-day...
post #576 of 631
Happy belated birthday Mac_Doll!

Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Noah
post #577 of 631
Thanks, dears. I had a nice time on my day; dinner and a movie with my family.
post #578 of 631
This thread is too young to die!!!!
post #579 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_greer

This thread is too young to die!!!!

Yes, I agree. I just haven't had much to add. I guess I will ask a question. What does everyone here do in there free time? I spend a lot of time on AI of course, but I am also heavily involved in music. When I'm not at marching band practice I'm at home practicing for concert band. I also enjoy ultimate frisbee whenever I can get my friends organized for a game. So what about you guys?
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #580 of 631
Ha, I totally forgot about this thread.

Hey! I was just catching up and I won't mention who but somebody thought it was a bright idea to bring up politics while I was away. That's a surefire way to turn this perfectly innocent ( ) topic into a trainwreck. Tisk tisk.

Ok, enough of that. So how about those sweet movies coming out? Hate to say it, but I'm going to be so poor by the end of this year after Cars, Over the Hedge, and Flushed Away, etc. I so have to see Flushed Away. I was a little disappointed that the famous Wallice And Gromit creators turned to computer animation from claymation, but I can forgive them after that terrible fire. For a while at least. I love a good claymation flic and respect all the effort that goes into something like Chicken Run. When you have that much time and dedication devoted to a movie, you can focus on your work and create a REAL plot unlike some of the cheap hollywood spew taking over. I am still a little ashamed to be seen in a theater with these movies so I try to hit the last one of the night. Hehe. Sometimes it works pretty well.

Oh, and Happy B-Day.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #581 of 631
I'm either online, shopping, or listening to iTunes or online radio. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ebby. I've missed you.

You'll have to excuse me. I recently learned that my iBook G4 happens to house one of the battery models affected by Apple's battery recall program. It's heightening my stress levels, because today I tried to fill out the online form on Apple's support site in order to validate my battery and computer, only to have them tell me my battery's serial is "invalid." That's bullshit, considering I was on the phone with Apple this afternoon, and they told me to do this... and I checked the listings of battery models affected, and mine is on there. I'm about to scream. I'll have to yet again call Apple and ask them what the fuck is going on.
post #582 of 631
Quote:

I'm either online, shopping, or listening to iTunes or online radio. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ebby. I've missed you.

You'll have to excuse me. I recently learned that my iBook G4 happens to house one of the battery models affected by Apple's battery recall program. It's heightening my stress levels, because today I tried to fill out the online form on Apple's support site in order to validate my battery and computer, only to have them tell me my battery's serial is "invalid." That's bullshit, considering I was on the phone with Apple this afternoon, and they told me to do this... and I checked the listings of battery models affected, and mine is on there. I'm about to scream. I'll have to yet again call Apple and ask them what the fuck is going on.

Apperantly there are two differant lists, the FTC has a list that is apperantly much more expancive than Apples list.

I would double check to make absolutly sure that it is on the list, then try the form again, if it fails call Apple support and tell them that the form is defective, if that doesnt get you anywhere, call the FTC or your state attorny general and file a complaint.
post #583 of 631
Quote:

Thanks, dear.

I turn 22 today!

ah happy belated birthday.

i turn the big 2-3 in a few months.
post #584 of 631
Thanks, Shawn.

a_greer: No need to get nasty with Apple; I took care of the problem today. The AppleCare guy was very nice.. they're always so sweet and helpful.
post #585 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ

ah happy belated birthday.

i turn the big 2-3 in a few months.

Ah, these younguns.. with their hip hair styles and fully supportive boxer briefs... back when I was twenty two cum twenty three the only support we got was from our athletic cup...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #586 of 631
hardeeharhar, your cane is in the mail.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #587 of 631
Now guys, it's not nice to make fun of the elderly.
post #588 of 631
Quote:

No need to get nasty with Apple; I took care of the problem today.

What did I tell you? It's all good!
post #589 of 631
Yeah, yeah.. I know. I can't help that I can be a bit of a drama queen sometimes..
post #590 of 631
I waqnted to share this with the group here and couldnt find a more approprate thread:

Elton John's new project is apperantly to cover rap songs...this sounds like a horrible idea to me; apperantly Paul And Storm (part of what was da vinci's notebook Notebook) did a little ditty covering rap as a barber shop quartet: mp3

Also, they did one called 10 finger johnny celebrating pyromaniacs everywhere! mp3
post #591 of 631
You should listen to Ben Folds' version of Dr. Dre's "B*tches Ain't Sh*t" sometime. Great stuff.
post #592 of 631
I don't know.. I think I'd enjoy the original version, CosmoNut.

Why do white men feel the need to cover the black man's music? LMAO

Having said that, I highly recommend the music of Saul Williams.
post #593 of 631
Okay, did I happen to scare everyone off with my last comment? Come now, it was simply a joke.
post #594 of 631
Nope. I'm just not such a big fan of music. Sorry.

Hate to say this, but this summer computers have been giving me one hell of a problem. This computer craze is burning away pretty fast for me and I am beginning to see them as simply machines, minus any fascination. It seems that everything I know is obsolete and I can't learn as quick as I used to. I'm only 24, I'm not that old!

That and I'm in my common anti-DRM dark cloud mood as Office (for PC) is pissing me off to no end. I had a hard drive crash and the damn program won't authorize anymore. C'mon here, PLEASE! I don't want to deal with this crap!

On a lighter note, I got in touch with a old friend recently and we are having a blast writing letters (Snail mail) and such. I should say they got in touch with me.

Ebby_Friends++;
if (Ebby_Friend > 0) {echo "YEA"; }

OK, Dumbassness over. Your turn.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #595 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby

Ebby_Friends++;
if (Ebby_Friend > 0) {echo "YEA"; }

Abort Retry Fail
post #596 of 631
last bounce...
post #597 of 631
one word. Wasps.
post #598 of 631
Good thing someone brought the crash cart to this thread. But it still seems a little pale...

I think Mac_Doll abandoned it.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #599 of 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby

Good thing someone brought the crash cart to this thread. But it still seems a little pale...

I think Mac_Doll abandoned it.

The way this thread was heading, I cant blame her
post #600 of 631
Wow, I didn't know you guys still cared.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Time to make things fun..