or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple introduces 17-inch MacBook Pro

Apple introduces 17-inch MacBook Pro - Page 3

post #81 of 95
grrrr....c'mon 13 inch
there's already a 15 inch pro, why the 17 inch before the 13 inch
this is TOOOOOOO BIG
post #82 of 95
Ireland what kinda of external hard drive is that?
post #83 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by scavanger
Ireland what kinda of external hard drive is that?

I can answer that.

G-Tech
post #84 of 95
For what it's worth!

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #85 of 95
Wow Ireland...thanks for the pics! Looks good to me
post #86 of 95
Well I would grumble as I owned a MBP 15 with the 2.16 and 7200 RPM drive until yesterday. I was really bumed out my wife lost her job on Friday so I took it back since it had not been 2 weeks. The manager was nice enough to wave the restocking fee since I told him I woul dbe back in a month or so once my wife could find a new job.

Strangely enough I joked with him and my wife about, ahh I'll just get the 17" next time. This morning I strangley feel better even though I am currently mac less. The MBP 17 is 100 less then the load 2.16 15

I wonder if the battery is bigger?? And if it gets better life I loved the MBP 15 but it got about 3.5 hours with the way I ran it..
post #87 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleInsider
Apple Computer at the NAB Conference on Monday unveiled its flagship 17-inch MacBook Pro notebook computer featuring the Intel Core Duo processor and an all new system architecture that delivers up to five times the performance of the PowerBook G4.

Additional build-to-order options for the 17-inch MacBook Pro include 100GB (7200 rpm) hard drive, up to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, Apple USB Modem, and the AppleCare Protection Plan.

What i never quite get, why does the official Appleinsider announcement
apparently comes in later than the offical replies of said
announcement? Though tough question, no?
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #88 of 95
I might have the answer to that one, with the way everything is calculated they probably don't want to take the chance of pre-releasing information. Just like the website updates only after Steve Jobs is done with his keynote.

It's probably a simple safe guard by the marketing, and web people to be sure they don't screw up on timing.
post #89 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Elderloc
I might have the answer to that one, with the way everything is calculated they probably don't want to take the chance of pre-releasing information. Just like the website updates only after Steve Jobs is done with his keynote.

It's probably a simple safe guard by the marketing, and web people to be sure they don't screw up on timing.

Oh thank you, this seems to make sense to me. At first glance...
;-)
ALBERT EINSTEIN
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #90 of 95
Or to make things even clearer if someone slips Steve might fire them. He goes off on things when they don't go as planned...
post #91 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Vox Barbara
What i never quite get, why does the official Appleinsider announcement
apparently comes in later than the offical replies of said
announcement? Though tough question, no?

The first few posts in this thread have not been replies to the AI announcement.

If there already is a thread about newly announced hardware, AI will post their article as a reply there; thus giving the thread starter credit for posting it first.
AI may however change the title of that thread.
post #92 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by december
The first few posts in this thread have not been replies to the AI announcement.

If there already is a thread about newly announced hardware, AI will post their article as a reply there; thus giving the thread starter credit for posting it first.
AI may however change the title of that thread.

Thank you, this seems to make sense to me, too.
I am glad that there is some reasonable explanation
to this (well, time lapse) phanomen.
ALBERT EINSTEIN
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #93 of 95

=)

- Xidius
post #94 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by >_>

=)

- Xidius

I ordered the exact same thing, only I didn't get a student discount. Swapping the 120GB 5400RPM for the 100GB 7200RPM seems like the way to go; Although, just picking a standard config model up off the Apple Store shelf next week did sound tempting.
post #95 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Cory Bauer
I ordered the exact same thing, only I didn't get a student discount. Swapping the 120GB 5400RPM for the 100GB 7200RPM seems like the way to go; Although, just picking a standard config model up off the Apple Store shelf next week did sound tempting.

Give us a full report as soon as you can. I'm getting interested in the 17in.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple introduces 17-inch MacBook Pro