or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Where in the ???? Americans and Geography

Where in the ???? Americans and Geography - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by max_naylor
Clearly my arse. This is just a trivial contest between two countries. Nothing more, nothing less.

AFAIK.

It's so trivial of a contest, it's not even a contest! NO ONE is better than America at not knowing things about the rest of the world!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
It's so trivial of a contest, it's not even a contest! NO ONE is better than America at not knowing things about the rest of the world!

In that case, I agree! How stupid of me to think that anyone is better than America. Except England. Long live the USA!
post #43 of 48
Quote:
What the hell are you talkin about dummy?! Dont forget this list of things you wouldn't have without us:

[A most impressive list, I'd say]

Quote:
Without these inventions, you couldn't have given us all the wonderful some of stuff you came up with, like Microsoft Windows and American 'Football'.

Or the Apple Macintosh, which more than compensates for those two.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love America. I just think Americans are slightly stuck up sometimes when it comes to the rest of the world. Your not the only country in the world you know.

You're not the only country although I favour yours is not the only country (I'm afraid I could not help it, sorry).
They do know about that, mind you, they simply insist that theirs is the world's most bestest country in the world, but they mean it in a cute rather than an offensive way.
I'd say they are somewhat insular, although their island is bigger.
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד

חברים יש רק באגד
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein
[A most impressive list, I'd say]

Or the Apple Macintosh, which more than compensates for those two.

You're not the only country although I favour yours is not the only country (I'm afraid I could not help it, sorry).
They do know about that, mind you, they simply insist that theirs is the world's most bestest country in the world, but they mean it in a cute rather than an offensive way.

Size doesn't always matter .
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein

Size doesn't always matter.

True enough about insularity, among other things.

חברים יש רק באגד

חברים יש רק באגד
post #46 of 48
It's too far fetched to be true
post #47 of 48
Wouldn't you think it's a very US-centric curiculum that is most to blame for low test scores?
post #48 of 48
Hey now, what's all this pissing and moaning about geography? That's one of them book learnin' deals, ain't it?

Real Americans have no use for that noise. It leads to elitism and coastal enclaves and homosexuality and forced evolution.

Real Americans learn all they need to know hauling barges and toting bales around on the simple dirt of their honest fathers who watered the spreading oaks that shade our modest and prudent townships with the very sweat of their unfurrowed brows, easy in the knowledge of God's love and secure in the wisdom of a little thing called the Holy Bible.

Our lessons simply rise up from the hallowed ground on which we stand, suffusing us with righteousness and an unmatched sense of purpose, sending us forth to do the right thing. Does your so called "geography" know the difference between right and wrong? Good and evil? Can it wipe the tear from a little boy's cheek, when he finds out Daddy isn't coming home because liberals took his gun?

No? Then fuck you, world. Guess what? When we need to blow the shit out of you, we can hire somebody to find you.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Where in the ???? Americans and Geography