or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday

News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday - Page 6

post #201 of 211
I have this weird feeling that nothing is going on right now...
post #202 of 211
Hey, You're back! And how did you get "insane elite member" ???
post #203 of 211
Quote:
Originally posted by Nebagakid
I have this weird feeling that nothing is going on right now...

you are wrong, the press is inside the cube drinking kool-aid.

:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #204 of 211
ROFLMAO
post #205 of 211
Here's a report from Forbes that they sent me. You can sign up for email updates on different areas, and it's free.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/18/app...partner=alerts
post #206 of 211
Quote:
Originally posted by melgross
Here's a report from Forbes that they sent me. You can sign up for email updates on different areas, and it's free.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/18/app...partner=alerts

nice "enticed by a one-MacBook-per-hour giveaway for the first 24 hours"
post #207 of 211
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Booga
Actually, I'd vastly prefer a Mac laptop with integrated Intel graphics and 2 buttons (actually, 1 MightyMouse-like button pad) than a laptop with dedicated graphics and 1 button. But really, as long as I'm asking, I'd like both.

And a G5 PowerBook with integrated iPhone dock and FireWire 1600 ports.
[/QUOTE

Hi,

What do you think ?

Will the $1K MacBook integrated graphics perform as well as my G4 12" with GeForce FX Go5200 , in Snapz X Pro video capture/compression etc. ???

Also, why is "glossy" being presented as a feature ?
Will it multi-task as an anti-shoplifter 7-11 mirror ?

Appreciate expert feedback,

--- gooddog

---gooddog

/
: * ] AAAAaaaRRRrrrFFFFff !!!
\
---gooddog

/
\
post #208 of 211
Originally posted by gooddog
Will the $1K MacBook integrated graphics perform as well as my G4 12" with GeForce FX Go5200 , in Snapz X Pro video capture/compression etc. ???

At the moment you cannot use Snapz on the MacBook. http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/ says Snapz is "Currently not compatible with Intel"

Because it is all the rage in PC-notebook land. Some people think it makes all the images on the notebook brighter, more attractive, richer, have deeper blacks, and be more "lickable" as one poster put it.

Yes, this is possible. Though if you are worried about someone sneaking up on you then you either need professional help, a bodyguard, a new identity, or simply maybe you need to use your MacBook in a safer area.
post #209 of 211
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman

Because it is all the rage in PC-notebook land. Some people think it makes all the images on the notebook brighter, more attractive, richer, have deeper blacks, and be more "lickable" as one poster put it.

It is increasingly available in desktop LCDs too.

There is at least a little merit when compared against the diffuse screen covers. Any incident light would tend to scatter and wash out the image a little bit, making blacks and dark colors look a little washed out in comparison. Reflective objects usually have a low diffusion factor so side-incident light doesn't wash out the darks, but have the drawback of glare on more direct light.

Personally, I'd like to see a smooth screen with the anti-glare treatments I included on my CRT and my glasses. There, glare and diffusion are not much of an issue, so I see the image, not my reflection or glare.
post #210 of 211
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman

At the moment you cannot use Snapz on the MacBook. http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/ says Snapz is "Currently not compatible with Intel"

Yes, this is possible. Though if you are worried about someone sneaking up on you then you either need professional help, a bodyguard, a new identity, or simply maybe you need to use your MacBook in a safer area.

OK, forget the incompatibility with Snapz X.

What do you know about integrated graphics with this chip set vs. the
one in my G4 12" ?

Do you have a justifiable expectation for a comparison ?

I heard that integrated graphics is bad, but since this duo is so much
more advanced, maybe it makes up for the bad.

---gooddog

/
\
---gooddog

/
\
post #211 of 211
"What do you know about integrated graphics with this chip set vs. the one in my G4 12" ?"

I would venture that the integrated graphics are about on par or slightly better than the pretty old Geforce Go5200, but I really have no info on that.

Unfortunately, I know the whole integrated graphics debate has been done to death, but in your special application that you need, the only way to see how it performs is to somehow try it on an actual MacBook.

The integrated graphics debate has gone round and round and round...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › News Flash: Apple to hold press event next Thursday