or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!

Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!! - Page 7

post #241 of 243
Yeah. Adobe CS3 full suite with Photoshop, ImageReady, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver (GoLive might be dropped), Freehand(?), After Effects, Adobe Bridge, some other stuff(?) -- quite a bit huh? -- We are looking at PC and Mac Universal -- with new wonderful features --middle of 2007.

Web/Print graphics people, hang on to your powerbooks (move up to a 1.67ghz 15" if you've got an outdated laptop, try and get one refurb/ ebay with the extended warranty) and AdobeCS2/ Macromedia Studio 8, otherwise if you need more power get onto a PowerMac G5 \ That's the way the cookie crumbles, folks.

Or get a PC Core Duo (Centrino Duo) laptop, Or get a MacBook/MacBookPro and run Windows Bootcamp, and run AdobeCS2/ Macromedia Studio 8 with more tha speeeed. But it will seriously f**k up your workflow and give you font headaches up the wazooo if you work and are very used to a predominantly Mac environment. And you have to start getting onto the WinXP fun fun fun rollercoaster of antivirus, antispyware, update, update, check, subscribe, update, check for virus, repeat.

Porkspeare are you familiar with Windows Bootcamp?
Which is running Windows on Intel-based Macs. Yes, it happened.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
post #242 of 243
i can't imagine Adobe products won't be UB until 2007
post #243 of 243
[QUOTE]Originally posted by burningwheel
I can't imagine Adobe products won't be UB until 2007

There was certainly a lot of outrage, myself included when news of this started getting around. Given that about a year ago the head of Adobe stood up on stage with Steve just after the Intel announcement and publicly said "What took you so long?".

At this stage it seems that Adobe will only deliver UBs TWO YEARS after the head of Adobe said that. Go figure. Go punch something. I know I wanted to.

Certainly if Adobe delivers CS2 and Macromedia Studio8 as UBs before the end of this year, that would be a massive bombshell.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Post your 2006 ProMac mock-ups here!!