or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New Extremist Threat Alert....

New Extremist Threat Alert.... - Page 5

post #161 of 188
For the moment I must stand corrected. My source, Allahpundit, is also backpeddling.

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/...es-story-true/
"some catch on faster than others"
post #162 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by southside grabowski
For the moment I must stand corrected. My source, Allahpundit, is also backpeddling.

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/...es-story-true/

It is interesting study though isn't it - how and why do these things leak out? How much of what we hear or read can be trusted?

I don't claim to know one way or another about most things (I am familiar with iran though so I know this was not true) but surely each of us is responsible these days to not unquestioningly accept everything and to think for ourselves whatever our political stance.

There are people out there on all sides with specific agendas and nothing is what it seems anymore.

We may wish it was but it isn't.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #163 of 188
True
post #164 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
It is interesting study though isn't it - how and why do these things leak out? How much of what we hear or read can be trusted?

How true.

Quote:
I don't claim to know one way or another about most things

Hmmm.

Quote:
but surely each of us is responsible these days to not unquestioningly accept everything

How ironic of you.
post #165 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
How ironic of you.

Care to back that one up or is that a drive-by?
post #166 of 188
Quote:
Care to back that one up or is that a drive-by?

Mostly a "drive-by" (most rational people reading this thread should get it).

But, since you asked...

I find it ironic (and since I usually find irony funny, humorous too) for you to saying something like "each of us is responsible these days to not unquestioningly accept everything" when you, in fact, appear to be doing exactly that from a very limited and seemingly biased set of sources. You appear to not only unquestionably accept their version and interpretation of events and people, you have used it and added to it with your own conjecture to whip yourself into a frenzy about the "extremist threat" in our midst.

That's what I find to be ironic. I know you'll disagree. I know you'll tell me about it too (oops). So the entertainment (that's the only value this thread really has any longer) can continue.
post #167 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
I know you'll disagree. I know you'll tell me about it to.

Fraid not.

post #168 of 188

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #169 of 188
Yeah, ZOMG THEY ARE PASSING LAWS TO REGULATE LIFE IN THEIR COUNTRY!!11
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #170 of 188

'fraid you got me on the first one dmz. I much prefer the old dmz, philosophising about the metaphysical, talking gibberish, now that was fun, and though we didn't agree, I had started to gain some respect for you, because you are well educated on the matters and capable of deep contemplation.

But now you are sounding like a tired right-wing hack.

Of course, passing laws regulating what people can or cannot wear, is something i oppose, is your link true this time?
post #171 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by MarcUK
...is your link true this time?

That depends...are you Canadian by any chance?

post #172 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean

Inspired by this law, I propose a dress code to regulate posting on AI.

This morally deficient era of pajama-posters must come to an end!
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #173 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
That depends...are you Canadian by any chance?

I propose a little game. Clear your mind totally. Put your eyes 1" from the screen, and hold both hand up either side of your monitor - look intensly at this enlarged text. Dont look or think about anything else, slowly draw your head away from the screen and contemplate the letters, as you're doing this I will transmit telepathically to you my location. Let me know how far away you get from the screen before you receive my message - and I can gauge how powerful my telepathy has become.

MarcUK
post #174 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777

so what do you plan on doing with your spare time now then?
post #175 of 188
Sorry MarcUK, apparently my dry wit isn't crossing any oceans.

post #176 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Sorry MarcUK, apparently my dry wit isn't crossing any oceans.

sorry dmz, it was funnier to pretend not to get it. Double bluff
post #177 of 188
Quote:
sorry dmz, it was funnier to pretend not to get it. Double bluff

ouch! A painful witticism malfunction with no survivors.... I'm going off to bed then...

post #178 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
ouch! A painful witticism malfunction with no survivors.... I'm going off to bed then...

I'll infect your dreams with the letters TQRS, let me know what they mean
post #179 of 188
DMZs gone to bed so we might as well put his classic of drive-to-war propaganda to bed also for the last time (stay tuned for the next installment though).

An Iranian Jewish MP has weighed in:

Quote:
"This report is a complete fabrication and is totally false," Maurice Motammed said in Tehran. "It is a lie, and the people who invented it wanted to make political gain" by doing so."
post #180 of 188
Quote:

The US passes laws in its own country and the moonbats pull out their Hitler signs. How about if we pass and enforce laws controlling immigration? No, that would be outrageous fascism.
post #181 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by southside grabowski
The US passes laws in its own country and the moonbats pull out their Hitler signs. How about if we pass and enforce laws controlling immigration? No, that would be outrageous fascism.

Except no-one is passing fascist laws in Iran while they are in the US.
post #182 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank777
Inspired by this law, I propose a dress code to regulate posting on AI.

You have no such authority unfortunately. You are not an elected representative of the sovereign nation of AI.

Quote:

Thanks for playing.
post #183 of 188
Quote:
You have no such authority unfortunately.

Or fortunately.

But we must not let our guard down.
post #184 of 188
Quote:
I propose a little game. Clear your mind totally. Put your eyes 1" from the screen, and hold both hand up either side of your monitor - look intensly at this enlarged text. Dont look or think about anything else, slowly draw your head away from the screen and contemplate the letters, as you're doing this I will transmit telepathically to you my location. Let me know how far away you get from the screen before you receive my message - and I can gauge how powerful my telepathy has become.

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hands.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #185 of 188
Quote:

MarcUK

Oh my God....it works......you're in SWINDON.........
post #186 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
-Blessed are the peacemakers

Fellows

The Peacemakers?

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #187 of 188
That would really make a hole in your parchment......
post #188 of 188
pfflam, do you have a license for that moire pattern?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New Extremist Threat Alert....