post #441 of 441
Quote:
Originally posted by AgNuke1707
But generally in education markets the laptops are bolted to the desks so there isn't the question about weight so much as having everything, keyboard, track pad and display, in one place to save room. I don't understand the wight argument though, but maybe it's because I've never used a laptop extensively ... really is the difference between 4.6 pounds and 5.2 pounds a deal-breaker for people? It seems like the other 0.6 pounds shouldn't be a problem for pretty much ... well, anybody...

EDIT: I understand in some cases schools give the students a laptop for personal use, but these are usually high schools and they're not buying Macs for anything except their multimedia centers. I think a lot of schools have yet to see the value of buying a Mac. The smaller computer you proposed is nice - definitely suited for a k-12 education environment, but that could possibly be the only place a machine like that sells well. You've already seen how people are calling the MB "crippled" because it weighs as much as the sun and doesn't have dedicated graphics...

Some schools do that, but many do not, including those in lower grades.