or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac OS X 10.4.7 to tackle mail and browser issues

Mac OS X 10.4.7 to tackle mail and browser issues - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Sadly, it's Mac OS X 10.4.11 not Mac OS X 4.11 ... And to bring up Windows in such an argument is just bad taste. :P ... I guess Apple will simply freak us all out and go with 10.4.9.1 instead.
post #82 of 83
No no no.... This will be the final release number for Tiger:

Mac OS X 10.4.9½
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Finatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027
post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rok View Post

regarding the not junk thing, here's the solution (i think): basically, apple has relegated most fo the junk/not junk training to its toolbar buttons. so you HAVE to have the junk button as part of your message reading window. then, when you open a message in its own window, the button will VERY subtly change between being labeled "junk" or "not junk" and you HAVE to have text AND icons showing int he toolbar, or else you'd never know, because the button icon itself doesn't change.

it's actually a pretty friggin' bizarre human-interface thing, with the downside that you can very-likely LOSE e-mail if your filter's not behaving properly.

i seem to be having the same problem. you advised to look for the button to change subtly to "not junk." i guess that works for you, but it doesn't for me. good mail goes right into my junk mailbox, and the button stays junk, so i have no way of training the program to accept this sender as non-junk. the button stays junk even when i open the mail in a separate window. i have repaired permissions.

i used to see the not junk button in 10.3 and in earlier versions of 10.4, i just don't see it in 10.4.10. is there any way to get it back?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Mac OS X 10.4.7 to tackle mail and browser issues