Originally posted by iM-0N
1st my itunes, now my mail wont quit too...i press ctrl Q it just closed the window....it wont quit even if i stop the procces... i think my mac is in a big trouble...
Okay, can you tell us 1) What kind of computer you're using, 2) What version of the OS you have and whether or not you have the restore disks or a retail copy of OS X, 3) Have you backed up your data?, and 4) Do you have more than one user account?
It could be that something in your user account is corrupted, in which case we can try creating a new user to see if the problem arises under a new user.
Follow these steps, then get back to us and let us know what's up...
1) Go to System Preferences and click on Accounts
2) On the left side of the window you should see a list of the accounts on your computer; click the lock on the bottom left of the window and enter your password so you can make changes
3) Click the "+" symbol below the list of users
4) Name the user whatever you want, but you may find it easier to enter test or user for everything, even the password since we're just experimenting here.
5) Make sure you click the "Allow user to adminiter this computer" button
6) When that's done, click "OK" and you'll see your new user in the list. Log out of OS X by going to the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and dragging to "Log Out..."
7) Sign in under the new user whenever the login screen appears
8) A new user environment will appear on your screen. Try opening iTunes and Mail and see if they work. You'll need to establish you account in mail again and import something into iTunes, but you should be able to see if this fixes the problem. If it does, then that means your other user has some bad data in it preventing those apps from working correctly
Try this and get back to us ... good luck!