or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › can you fit a 7200 rpm harddrive in a new MacBook???

can you fit a 7200 rpm harddrive in a new MacBook??? - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by maccabea
i thought of something like that but then realized i dont have any external enclosure to use. all i have is a crummy old PC. so i think it will be easier in the end if i just run the install disk.
Question: once i turn on the laptop right after i put in the new blank HD, do i just pop in the installation disk and it will start to run/install automatically? i've used macs quite a bit, but never had to run a fresh installation on one.

If you haven't done anything with the other drive, then there's nothing to lose by reinstalling, but it's something to keep in mind if you ever upgrade the drives again. The manual has good instructions on how to re-install. If the hard drive is blank, maybe inserting the install disc on boot is all you need to do, but there may be a key you need to hold down. Again, check the manual.
post #42 of 42
It used to be that you had to hold down the letter 'c' while rebooting, in order to startup from the cd-rom drive. I haven't tried it yet on the new Intel machines though.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › can you fit a 7200 rpm harddrive in a new MacBook???