or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › You Gotta Love That Coulter Chick

You Gotta Love That Coulter Chick - Page 6

post #201 of 218
From Redstate:

I am somewhat reluctant to write about Ann Coulter this week. The last thing I want to do is help her sell more copies of her book. But I am willing to take that chance in order to denouce her, to show that she is one of the greatest dangers that exists to the conservative movement.
Ann is in the news of course because of the release of her new book Godless: The Church of Liberalism. As part of the book release, Ann is of course making the rounds at various media outlets to plug her book. Early this week she went on the Today Show to talk to Matt Lauer about her new book.

In particular, Matt Lauer questioned Ann about this excerpt from her book talking about some of the 9/11 widows.

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's death so much."

Captain Ed says it best about this:

...impugning the grief felt by 9/11 widows regardless of their politics is nothing short of despicable. It denies them their humanity and disregards the very public and horrific nature of their spouses' deaths. The attacks motivated a lot of us to become more active in politics in order to make sure our voices contribute to the debate, and it is impossible to argue that the 9/11 widows (and widowers, and children, and parents) have less standing to opine on foreign policy than Ann Coulter...

Hugh Hewitt:

Ann Coulter owes an apology to the widows of 9/11, and she should issue it immediately. This is beyond callous, beyond any notion of decency. It is disgusting.

RedState:

this sort of savage attack on people who have suffered a horrible tragedy is beyond any excusing and, really, beyond any apology. Coulter, who was a friend of Barbara Olson (killed on the plane that hit the Pentagon), should know better; heck, any first-grader would know better. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
post #202 of 218
Good for them! I actually read Captain Ed's post about it when I was digging around.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #203 of 218
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #204 of 218
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
This could be fun!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

I'm looking forward to watching this.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #205 of 218
Leno is a weak "interviewer"(he's a comedian after all), and I'm sure the wingers will get to Alameda St. in Burbank early and fill the audience. And Carlin I don't think will get into it with her.

Edit: oops...just realized the show was yesterday.
post #206 of 218
Anybody catch it?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #207 of 218
Pretty much exactly as Gilsch predicted, except Leno's interview wasn't horrible (not great, but not bad).

She definitely had a vocal cheering section packed in there.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #208 of 218
Leno tried to rationalize and defend her comments.

The best admission:

"I'm conservative but probably socially liberal" -Jay Leno
post #209 of 218
Coulter on Murtha:

Quote:
John Hawkins: How about dashing off a quick sentence or even just a word or two about the following individuals...

Cindy Sheehan: The Dennis Rodman of the peace movement.
Joe Wilson: World's most intensely private exhibitionist.
Michael Moore: Rumors of his depth are greatly exaggerated.
John Murtha: The reason soldiers invented "fragging."

Jesus. So Murtha ought to be assassinated.... Great one, Ann.
post #210 of 218
My brother saw this when it was on and I found the clip. Right after Coulter went all wiggy on Lauer, they went to a segment with Kathy Griffin and Al Roker.
post #211 of 218
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #212 of 218
Michelle Malkin is gong to have to work on her "I'm a crazy dominatrix bitch" thing, if she intends to take the crown of paleo-conservative poster gal.

She comes across as just kind of stupid and volatile, compared to Ann's steely "I may lean over and eat your face" vibe.

Good luck to her, though-- I think she may be entering an oversaturated market that's starting to fester, so she may want to consider some fall-back careers, like "most irritating drive time radio jock in the Scottsdale metro area"
post #213 of 218
A good "salute"??? Oh dear. What an honor.

Quote:
Good luck to her, though-- I think she may be entering an oversaturated market that's starting to fester, so she may want to consider some fall-back careers, like "most irritating drive time radio jock in the Scottsdale metro area"

I disagree. Wingers and little wingers alike will celebrate "a new voice" of "the people".

Malkin, whoever she is, will probably write a book(if she hasn't already) and Coulter will return the favor and give her exposure. Then she'll go on Hannity and Fox and voila...another "best seller".
post #214 of 218
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
A good "salute"??? Oh dear. What an honor.

I disagree. Wingers and little wingers alike will celebrate "a new voice" of "the people".

Malkin, whoever she is, will probably write a book(if she hasn't already) and Coulter will return the favor and give her exposure. Then she'll go on Hannity and Fox and voila...another "best seller".

Malkin made a name for herself with her book defending the internment camps for Japanese in WWII.
post #215 of 218
"Would someone please ask Ann Coulter what church she attends each week, and what important life lessons she has learned from her pastor?"

Tom Tomorrow
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #216 of 218
AC must have about a two foot wide (and VERY RED) "easy button" on her office desk cause she shure has gotten even semi-quasi-liberals buying books to improve their ability to tie their shorts into Gordian knots.

Paz
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
post #217 of 218
Another knuckle head joins to foray.
post #218 of 218
Nay,
I can't argue that I might be a knucklehead, but I am not joining "the fray". I have read this thread for several days, and enjoy the discussion.

I have never had 'cable/satellite' TV, but have on occasion watched it at a freinds/relatives house. I haven't see any more sparks of intelligence there than I have with my 7 "free" channels. This may seem limiting to you, but to me, it just limits the amount of crap I need to endure.

I had no trouble slotting AC into the same group as Don Imus, Howard Stern, Al Franken, Bill O'rielly, et al , get the idea... {I call them bobble heads} You guys can yap as to whether or not she is political commentary, pundit, sarcastic, ironic, etc. To me the whole bunch is FUNNY. I vote Al as the funniest, as he has skill and credentials, and, well he's funny even though he's a frickin demo.

None of those folks in the "genre" that you are attempting to define can in any way be described as political satire or folks such as Swift, Rogers, Twain would turn in their graves.

Nor would I consider any of the group to be journalists or political commentators of any serious merit.

Paz
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › You Gotta Love That Coulter Chick