or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Repair or Recover JPGs

Repair or Recover JPGs

post #1 of 3
I have a mem card for a digital camera go south. I recovered 110 files (all of them) to another volume. PROBLEM. None of them open. They give me the 'this may be corrupt' line in Preview. (lies I hope!) Okay, so they still have the right file size etc. and using File Juicer, I was able to get 22 of them back. Can anyone reccomend another app (paid or free) which might help me recover/repair these precious JPGs? The clock starts now!
Thx, in advance.
-NUM
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
post #2 of 3
You might try picture rescue from prosofteng.com
There is a free download that will recover one image so you can test it for free.

Hope this helps
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
J.C. Corbin, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Member, Apple Consultants Network
www.ro3.com
post #3 of 3
What may have happened to the others is that they have had their headers corrupted. If you get Hexedit ( http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/ ), you can try opening a good image in it and copy the header across to a bad image. This will probably only work reliably if the images are the same resolution.

Also, just because a file seems to have the right size, it can be full of zeroes. Hexedit will let you see where all the broken parts are.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Repair or Recover JPGs