or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We may have Iraq's WMDs

We may have Iraq's WMDs - Page 2

post #41 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by occam whisker
The debate has always been who would you rather be cheering for. I wont be surprised to find out that in the fullness of time Iran has been hiding OBL, that Saddam inspired the World Trade Center hit. That France, Russia, and China have been playing a no-limit double-game has obvious from the start. Again, any semi intelligent person that sees the behavior of the left has little to wonder about who really controls the minions of useful idiots. What\\\\\\'s harder to discern is who really are the idiots and who are just pretending.

You don't generally post much outside of bat shit crazy winger sites , do you?

And yes, it's always interesting to figure out who's an idiot and who's pretending. Maybe you and Moe could have a staring contest.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #42 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
You don\\'t generally post much outside of bat shit crazy winger sites , do you?

And yes, it\\'s always interesting to figure out who\\'s an idiot and who\\'s pretending. Maybe you and Moe could have a staring contest.

I take it you\\'re no longer pretending.
post #43 of 120
Quote:
I take it you\\'re no longer pretending.

Is it easier for you to recognize pretense, with experience?
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #44 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Is it easier for you to recognize pretense, with experience?

Not sure what you mean by that. But anyone who thinks it\\'s possible to engage in a staring contest on an internet chat forum is a certifiable idiot. Since you haven\\'t figured that out, I guess that would have to include you as well.
post #45 of 120
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by that. But anyone who thinks it\\'s possible to engage in a staring contest on an internet chat forum is a certifiable idiot. Since you haven\\'t figured that out, I guess that would have to include you as well.

Obviously, as a literalist, you'll understand the posting guidelines when you take the time to read them. I'd suggest you do that now. I don't think we included any hyperbole, metaphors, or allusions when we wrote them. As such, they won't fly over your head.
post #46 of 120
Quote:
Obviously, as a literalist, you\\'ll understand the posting guidelines when you take the time to read them. I\\'d suggest you do that now. I don\\'t think we included any hyperbole, metaphors, or allusions when we wrote them. As such, they won\\'t fly over your head.

There\\'s nothing in what I said as reply that wasn\\'t already said or implied towards my person prior. If you have any doubts you should reread the posts, including yours, mr mod. Unless attacking the leftist cult is forbodden in this forum, there\\'s nothing I said that wasn\\'t already said and implied by the other side.
post #47 of 120
Quote:
Unless attacking the leftist cult is forbodden in this forum

A scream.
post #48 of 120
Quote:
There\\'s nothing in what I said as reply that wasn\\'t already said or implied towards my person prior. If you have any doubts you should reread the posts, including yours, mr mod. Unless attacking the leftist cult is forbodden in this forum, there\\'s nothing I said that wasn\\'t already said and implied by the other side.

I think you'll recognize, quite easily, that you were the poster who originally wondered who were the idiots and who were pretending. Didn't you like your words being turned around? Exaggeration isn't your sole domain.

If you want to engage in any kind of reasonable debate, you have to expect that your tactics will be copied by your opponent (or anyone who finds your approach laughable). Cogent, fair statements will be reciprocated. You can't hold up a response to your original, over-the-top, post in this thread as beyond the pale.

Any "semi-intelligent" person could see that.
post #49 of 120
Quote:
I think you\\'ll recognize, quite easily, that you were the poster who originally wondered who were the idiots and who were pretending.

And you mean to tell me this isn\\'t a legitimate concern? Cause some other poster just might diagnose you as deranged.
post #50 of 120
You know, baiting the mods is generally.....

Never mind. Carry on.
post #51 of 120
Quote:
And you mean to tell me this isn\\'t a legitimate concern? Cause some other poster just might diagnose you as deranged.

I'm not worried about the other posters attempting to diagnose me.
post #52 of 120
Quote:
You know, baiting the mods is generally.....

Never mind. Carry on.

Right. Well, if your prior post can escape the mod\\'s scrutiny, so can my post above.

Quote:
Otherwise you appear to be deranged. Of course, even with context you will still appear to be deranged, but at least we\\'ll know what flavor.
post #53 of 120
Quote:
I\\'m not worried about the other posters attempting to diagnose me.

So what was your \\"posting guidelines\\" post all about? You didn\\'t interpret my diagnosis as an ad hominem attack on you, did you? Cause that would really reinforce that position.
post #54 of 120
Quote:
Right. Well, if your prior post can escape the mod\\'s scrutiny, so can my post above.

Ah, but you see here I'm talking about appearances. No one's calling anyone "deranged" per se, but about how certain tones and strategies can leave others with certain impressions.

Really, offered in the generous sprit of helpfulness for which I am known round these parts.
post #55 of 120
Quote:
Ah, but you see here I\\\\\\'m talking about appearances. No one\\\\\\'s calling anyone \\\\\\"deranged\\\\\\" per se, but about how certain tones and strategies can leave others with certain impressions.

Really, offered in the generous sprit of helpfulness for which I am known round these parts.

And to me you appear as a smelly ogor. And this I offer in the most generous sprit of helpfulness to which I try to aspire.
post #56 of 120
Quote:
And to me you appear as a smelly ogor. And this I offer in the most generous sprit of helpfulness to which I try to aspire.

A smelly ogor. I knew there was a reason to stay up late on line!
post #57 of 120
Quote:
A smelly ogor. I knew there was a reason to stay up late on line!

Didn\\'t you say you would bow out from this battle of wit? Good for you!
post #58 of 120
Quote:
So what was your \\"posting guidelines\\" post all about? You didn\\'t interpret my diagnosis as an ad hominem attack on you, did you? Cause that would really reinforce that position.

No, no. You've got me all wrong. I relish being trolled. One of the few moments of happiness in my joyless life is being able to put up with it for just long enough to make the eventual 'goodbye' even more satisfying. Of course, the "other posters" enjoy this, too. I guess idiots love a spectacle, huh?

Your talk of the "no-limit double-game", which China, France and Russian are engaging in, just makes me think of Texas Hold'em. What is it about those pesky Texans? Can't turn a channel without seeing their gambling propaganda.

They MUST be up to something! Well, a couple of them, at least.
post #59 of 120
Quote:
Didn\\'t you say you would bow out from this battle of wit? Good for you!

Absolutely. Now I'm just taunting you until my tea is ready.
post #60 of 120
Quote:
Your talk of the \\"no-limit double-game\\", which China, France and Russian are engaging in, just makes me think of Texas Hold\\'em. What is it about those pesky Texans? Can\\'t turn a channel without seeing their gambling propaganda.

They MUST be up to something! Well, a couple of them, at least.

Speaking of propaganda, I didn\\'t mention the BBC, our Saudi ally, and all the other jihadi theifdoms washing their laundry on this shore. It\\'s interesting how all share the same talking points.
post #61 of 120
At any rate, it should be noted that the post to which I was earlier responding to appeared to be demented.

"Demented", as in "irrational, not partaking of consensual reality, predicated on absurd beliefs, arising out of extremely idiosyncratic perceptions".

Honest, go back and read it if you've forgotten. Some manner of hallucination involving tailpipes and buses that seemed to be under the impression that this was a language of coded allusion which we all spoke-- which is why I suggested context might help your readers grasp your point, even if that point also turned out to be demented.

See? Isn't this fun? Now, you say "Addabox, I find your observations to be pompous, overbearing and hypocritical, a mere rhetorical flourish designed to conceal the bankruptcy of your impoverished ideology".

That, or "to me you appear as a smelly ogor", either one is good.
post #62 of 120
Quote:
Absolutely. Now I\\'m just taunting you until my tea is ready.

Spell muhmud.
post #63 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
OMG. That's ridiculous.

The existence of shells has everything to do with compliance. Much of the problem here is that you have not a fucking clue what disarmanment looks like. Saddam was required to account for and destroy ALL of his WMD. Not some. Not most. Not a few. ALL. What did he do instead? He played games witht he inspectors. He made it impossible for them to do their job. He toyed with the international community. He made half-assed efforts at compliance.

Those of us that live..ahem..in the real world knew and know that Saddam was delibrately delaying and deceiving the world. He failed to account for his weapons. He was in material breach of 1441 and each of the 16 prior resolutions. 500 chemical shells makes every difference, whether they were degraded or not. The only thing them being degraded changes is the "immediate threat" argument.

None of your argument has any credibility.

Saddam's government had no clue where those old shells were. They were useless militarily anyway, so what would he have to lose by declaring them? The answer is ZERO. Bush was going to war regardless, and those WMDs were not the reason for the war. "WMDs'" was the only reason that the Bush cabinet could come to a consensus about.. presumably because it was an easier sell than the actual reasons for the war (oil and Israel's security). C'mon SDW, if you want to argue a case for Bush, the WMD/1441 line was dead and buried shortly after the invasion started.

Anyway, they were asking Iraq to do something that was absurd, namely "prove to the world that you have no weapons of mass destruction". That request, ie demanding proof of a negative, was an impossible demand, as ridiculous as asking them to braid fog, then build a castle out of it, and as logically untenable as a "divide by zero" instruction.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #64 of 120
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #65 of 120
Quote:
And to me you appear as a smelly ogor.

This thread is pure comedy gold

Just like the old days.....who said things were degenerating?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #66 of 120
Quote:

Oh look! Another one of those guys.

I wonder if it's someone we already know?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #67 of 120
Quote:
It's predicated on the notion that there is a "debate" over WMD in Iraq and that shells scattered here and there from the Iran-Iraq war speak to Saddam's compliance with UN mandates, but that you're magnanimously choosing to be "balanced" by finding that this report is not a "slam dunk" for "either side" and actually a "non-story" (but again, only after making a completely false statement about what the "non-story" means).

In the real world there is no debate, and these shells have nothing to do with Saddam's compliance or lack thereof.

Saying this is not a slam dunk for either side is like saying that finding evidence that there was confusion in the chain of command is not a "slam dunk" for "either side' of the "who bombed Pearl Harbor" "debate", and declaring same a "non-story" while insisting that we take due note of certain irregularities in Allied radio communications that day.

In other words, true as far as it goes but bizarrely, pointedly disingenuous.

OMG. That's ridiculous.

The existence of shells has everything to do with compliance. Much of the problem here is that you have not a fucking clue what disarmanment looks like. Saddam was required to account for and destroy ALL of his WMD. Not some. Not most. Not a few. ALL. What did he do instead? He played games witht he inspectors. He made it impossible for them to do their job. He toyed with the international community. He made half-assed efforts at compliance.

Those of us that live..ahem..in the real world knew and know that Saddam was delibrately delaying and deceiving the world. He failed to account for his weapons. He was in material breach of 1441 and each of the 16 prior resolutions. 500 chemical shells makes every difference, whether they were degraded or not. The only thing them being degraded changes is the "immediate threat" argument.

Edit:

I find it hilarious that when I post something fairly neutral, you attack me for "choosing to be balanced." Hysterical.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #68 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
OMG. That's ridiculous.

Edit:

I find it hilarious that when I post something fairly neutral, you attack me for "choosing to be balanced." Hysterical.

Huh? So in your original post you figured it for a "non-story", but now that it's time to start ranting at some goddamn ignorant liberal the shells make "all the difference in the world"?

You should really have that knee checked-- Bush could anally rape the Pope in the rose garden and the second someone you dislike on these boards came out against it, you would be angrily defending anal Pope rape as standard presidential behavior and belittling the rank partisanship and crazy conspiracy theories that fueled our objections. Jerk goes the knee, sense or evidence be damned.

By the way-- the "debate", such as it was, is over. Ya'll were wrong. No WMD. Nobody thinks so. Wrong. Over. Deal with it.
post #69 of 120
It appears that wit, and even perhaps wisdom, are not lost on these boards. You are a daily dose of jocularity.

I also find it amusing that 'Occam' feels that staring across the internet is "idiotic" but the sense of smell is not!
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
post #70 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by rufusswan
I also find it amusing that 'Occam' feels that staring across the internet is "idiotic" but the sense of smell is not!

ZING!!!!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #71 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by rufusswan
It appears that wit, and even perhaps wisdom, are not lost on these boards. You are a daily dose of jocularity.

I also find it amusing that \\'Occam\\' feels that staring across the internet is \\"idiotic\\" but the sense of smell is not!

LOL. It appears my argument is again completely lost on some of the brains here. Let me spell it out so that even a total moron can understand. Comparing A to B when you don\\'t know what A is, is just as idiotic as comparing C to D when you don\\'t know what C is. Both comparisons are just as invalid and illogical. I could have chosen any other ridiculous example, but it seems I did well in choosing the example I did, since even you managed to pick up on that part of my argument.
post #72 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
ZING!!!!

Right back at you.
post #73 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
This thread is pure comedy gold

Just like the old days.....who said things were degenerating?

So was your reply in my \\"little privacy\\" thread. I would even call it a classic.
post #74 of 120
Holy moly.

Not since the days of Naples X....
post #75 of 120
Quote:
By the way-- the \\"debate\\", such as it was, is over. Ya\\'ll were wrong. No WMD. Nobody thinks so. Wrong. Over. Deal with it.

Touché. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. Students of Goebbels have learned to practice that lesson well.
post #76 of 120
Quote:
Touché. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. Students of Goebbels have learned to practice that lesson well.

Wait a sec! So now you're anti-Republican?

I think I need to create a new sub-forum just for you. Y'know how those idiots love a spectacle. You'll be a star. On the internet. Arguing politics on an Apple rumor site. Madly.
post #77 of 120
Quote:
Wait a sec! So now you\\'re anti-Republican?

I think I need to create a new sub-forum just for you. Y\\'know how those idiots love a spectacle. You\\'ll be a star. On the internet. Arguing politics on an Apple rumor site. Madly.

You mean a sub sub-forum. There\\'s really no need. I\\'ll leave you boys to smirk smartly amongst yourself. Self image is important to self esteem. Don\\'t forget Salat on friday. It\\'s compulsory fard for every Muslim.
post #78 of 120
Quote:
You mean a sub sub-forum. There\\'s really no need. I\\'ll leave you boys to smirk smartly amongst yourself. Self image is important to self esteem. Don\\'t forget Salat on friday. It\\'s compulsory fard for every Muslim.

No. Like that special place in hell reserved for meter maids, you deserve a special place on the forums.
post #79 of 120
Quote:
You mean a sub sub-forum. There\\'s really no need. I\\'ll leave you boys to smirk smartly amongst yourself.

That should be yourselves.
post #80 of 120
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilsch
That should be yourselves.

You\\'re just too easy. It\\'s not even a challenge. LOL.

m\\'Sahalam.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › We may have Iraq's WMDs