or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › "NEW MIGHTY MOUSE" Someone has to do it??

"NEW MIGHTY MOUSE" Someone has to do it?? - Page 2

post #41 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by tacojohn
Like this?

Something like that, but nicer.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #42 of 131
Quote:
Like this?

i have one of those and i can assure you, you want no part of it. it's basically a piece of crap. i stopped using it after about a month.
post #43 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by admactanium
i have one of those and i can assure you, you want no part of it. it's basically a piece of crap. i stopped using it after about a month.

Is that a trackpad of sorts on the mouse?
post #44 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by admactanium

so its better than the apple single click mouse? which i stopped using after a week

why is it a piece of crap? is it build quality? ergonomics? track pad dont 'track'?

i cant make out the name... anyone wanna enlighten us?
post #45 of 131
buttons are good!never underestimate tactil feel and its importantce.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #46 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Ireland
Whatever.

All religion does is turn money and time into radiant heat. Give it a rest.

Quick mockup:

post #47 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
All religion does is turn money and time into radiant heat. Give it a rest.

Quick mockup:

classic!

and the mockups not bad either {boom tish}
post #48 of 131
Mockup looks worse every time I see it, you have to look at it like the scrollpad is slightly sunk into the mouse for it to work visually.
post #49 of 131
Bad idea. Tactile "feel" is important. I just want a bluetooth version.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #50 of 131
Tactile feedback can easily be reproduced by
A) adding a clicker sound to the piezo speaker the mouse already has anyway (cf. iPod)
B) roughening the trackpad surface (cf. MacBook Pro, MacBook)
C) both.
post #51 of 131
I download Gimp, how do install X11 from install disk. I tried, but I was unsure how.
post #52 of 131
I like the white feel, interesting. However I feel this position and size are better though. Smaller size would allow for clicking right and left buttons etc.

post #53 of 131
Then you don't get as much side-side though.
post #54 of 131
Quote:
Then you don't get as much side-side though.

Not a big deal I don't think. A small trade off for constant reliability, besides if it was too big it would keep getting in the way.
post #55 of 131
WTF, I just came across this - post date 2004!!:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=64560

Maybe they tried a touchpad already before making Mighty Mouse.

I think we need to hear more from admactanium as to why that kensington mouse wasn't any good.
post #56 of 131
@ Marvin, WTF is right. *twilight zone music here*

post #57 of 131
Quote:
Like this?

That's the mouse I referenced! Good I'm not nuts I knew it existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Quote:

post #58 of 131
Quote:
@ Marvin, WTF is right. *twilight zone music here*

That hand looks freaky.
Quote:

Quote:

post #59 of 131
Feaky exactly my thoughts!

Ireland X11 isnt there just a package to double click on?? i'll go get my Disc.... my memory is shot... and i did this 2 weeks ago!!! stupid chemo!
post #60 of 131
install disc 1 >system > installation > Packages > X11.Pkg

that work for ya?
post #61 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Trendannoyer
install disc 1 >system > installation > Packages > X11.Pkg

that work for ya?

That worked thanks, I got Gimp installed too, but I'm clueless in this app.
post #62 of 131
They also had a patent for a mouse with what looked like a small iPod scrollwheel on the top.
post #63 of 131
Quote:
They also had a patent for a mouse with what looked like a small iPod scrollwheel on the top.

Yup.
post #64 of 131
Quote:

You mean this:

The problem with this concept is it only allows for up and down scrolling which wont cut it these days.

p.s. Chucker, you stole my ego, damn you.
post #65 of 131
Quote:
p.s. Chucker, you stole my ego, damn you.

post #66 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucker

post #67 of 131
post #68 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by rjpotts

Get rid of that blazing scrollball. And the clickwhell doesn't allow for right left scrolling. Don't mean to be blunt, but you no designer.
post #69 of 131
I have a Logitech V500 Mouse, and it has a touch scroll pad (up/down, left/right) and to be honest it is not so great. I accidentally touch it too many times and end up jumping to the bottom of the page. I much prefer the little ball on the Mighty Mouse.
post #70 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by dansgil
I have a Logitech V500 Mouse, and it has a touch scroll pad (up/down, left/right) and to be honest it is not so great. I accidentally touch it too many times and end up jumping to the bottom of the page. I much prefer the little ball on the Mighty Mouse.

Good one.
post #71 of 131
I haven't seen you churn out any brilliant masterpieces yet.
post #72 of 131
{Nevermind}
Mac user since before you were born.
post #73 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
Bad idea. Tactile "feel" is important. I just want a bluetooth version.

I don't get tactile feedback from my two-finger scroll on my MacBook, and it works brilliantly!
post #74 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by ecking
That hand looks freaky.

I didn't know Gollum used computers.
post #75 of 131
Quote:
That worked thanks, I got Gimp installed too, but I'm clueless in this app.

use it a liittle every day and you'll get there
post #76 of 131
Quote:
Get rid of that blazing scrollball. And the clickwhell doesn't allow for right left scrolling. Don't mean to be blunt, but you no designer.

come on now, that IS blunt you ask for designs and then you slag em off i asks ya??

and you CAN use the scroll wheel for...

sideways scrolling = put finger on left scroll OVER top to the right.

you could have STARTING ON THE LEFT going UNDER to the right mean somthing else or mean exactly the same thing

up down = start finger at top, move finger down and to the right for down, just like the ipod.

its all in the implementation... think different? no, think a little

im not saying its the best way, just that it IS possible

RE implementation, i dont have a mighty mouse, nor dont intent to get one unless it comes free with my imac but if as i understand it there are side buttons that are user asignable, couldnt an ordinary wheel be used, and when you want to scroll horizonatally you press the side button (with thumb) and wheel becomes a sideways scroller ...

again not perfect, but saves the problems with the ball.
post #77 of 131
Quote:
Leave it to Apple to pioneer a ridiculously complex and faulty solution to a nonexistent problem.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone suggest this about Apple.
post #78 of 131
Quote:
Originally posted by Trendannoyer
come on now, that IS blunt you ask for designs and then you slag em off i asks ya??

I suggested a specific design because I though it might be an improvment upon the current design, BUT, what is that thing? I never suggested such a thing. Apple's wouldn't make anything like that, sorry for hurting someone's feelings, but the truth hurts sometimes.
post #79 of 131
Quote:
I suggested a specific design because I though it might be an improvment upon the current design, BUT, what is that thing? I never suggested such a thing. Apple's wouldn't make anything like that, sorry for hurting someone's feelings, but the truth hurts sometimes.

It's a pipe-dream anyway, Apple would never include a mouse as expensive as the one you suggested. This is probably why they (according to above posts) came up with and then abandoned other, similar, designs.
post #80 of 131
Why rest your finger ON something, when you could rest your index finger IN something? Why repetitively push and scroll, when you could repetitively use this interface, which I call the "iHole"

The shortest distance between two points is NO DISTANCE.
The shortest distance between two points is NO DISTANCE.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › "NEW MIGHTY MOUSE" Someone has to do it??