or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Right click on BootCamp Macbook

Right click on BootCamp Macbook

post #1 of 10
So yeah.. Anyone know of an application that allows someone to map the right click key on a Macbook Pro while in Windows? I'd rather not have to plug in a mouse every time I boot into it. :P

Bonus points if someone finds a way to enable the two-finger scrolling as well! =)

- Xidius
post #2 of 10
Apple Mouse Utility or, preferably, Input Remapper.
post #3 of 10
Fantastic!

Now I just need to get my two-finger scrolling to work.

- Xidius
post #4 of 10
Well, unless you find a working trackpad driver, that's not gonna happen You'd need a driver that recognizes multiple distinct movements (i.e., multiple fingers), and I don't think Apple's supplied driver supports that.
post #5 of 10
Okay, well I have another slightly related question then:

Is there a way to share a folder between the Mac OSX Hard Drive, and the Windows Virtual Partition?

At the moment it's kinda like this..

Mac OSX:

Both Partitions appear, but the Windows Hard Drive is "Read Only", with no option to change it.

Windows:

Can only see the Windows Partition.

Makes transferring files rather tough, and having a single iTunes library shared between the two impossible. =\\

- Xidius
post #6 of 10
You can always create a FAT32 partition. Both Mac OS X and Windows XP can read and write to that. It's not a very efficient file system, and has quite some limitations, but for mere file exchange, it's probably good enough.
post #7 of 10
Or go with Parallels... you can set up shared folders between OS X and XP. One other major advantage (for me anyway) of Parallels is the trackpad works the same in XP as it does in OS X... scrolling... tapping... etc. I know some people hate "tap to click"... but I've always preferred it.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Joey
Or go with Parallels... you can set up shared folders between OS X and XP. One other major advantage (for me anyway) of Parallels is the trackpad works the same in XP as it does in OS X... scrolling... tapping... etc. I know some people hate "tap to click"... but I've always preferred it.

Unfortunately the only reason I even let myself ponder the idea of installing XP was to play games that are otherwise unavailable on Mac OSX.

I am playing Halflife 2 at the moment, for example. ( Runs extremely well with all settings maxed, by the way. :o )

- Xidius
post #9 of 10
Half Life 2 is AWESOME. Don't forget once you finish to get onto HalfLife2:Episode 1 expansion.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by >_> View Post

So yeah.. Anyone know of an application that allows someone to map the right click key on a Macbook Pro while in Windows? I'd rather not have to plug in a mouse every time I boot into it. :P

Bonus points if someone finds a way to enable the two-finger scrolling as well! =)

- Xidius

I finally found out that you can right-click with two fingers down on the trackpad and click. I'm working with an early 2008 Macbook (not Pro) and installed Windows Server 2008 through boot camp. After downloading the x32 version, I believe it was, Standard, then burning the DVD, It installed fine, then after glitches read the boot camp docs ;-) and _then_ ran the boot camp drivers off the .exe on the Macbook OSX CD, and did the 2.1 update. Had to do Firewall settings and Users, maybe Location(?), and a few other things to get in on a network, and finally saw that the wireless had to be enabled or added in Services before that would work. Even when added Bluetooth, though, my wireless keyboard and mouse aren't working yet--the only place I found info for that, the drivers were for x64, I believe, but a microsoft mouse and the built-in keyboard are working fine. A second display works well too. I may try those downloaded drivers again, if I get around to learning how to tell windows where to look for them (it was like it wasn't interested in the location, when I was trying it). FJ2
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Right click on BootCamp Macbook