or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The perpetual photo thread

The perpetual photo thread

post #1 of 95
Since the older one has disapeared here a new one :

I will start with this pic
post #2 of 95
That's a nice one, I like the luminous highlights on the cordite smoke.
post #3 of 95
This is a picture I'm pleased with, not so much for the image itself, but for what I thought was a pretty good Photoshop job of cleaning it up and getting rid of a bit of messy, mostly temporary, reality cluttering up the shot:

(Removed: crane, fence, lamp shadow, cleaning supplies, rooftop antennas, other stuff along wall at right, person on other side of wall)
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #4 of 95
^I feel like I'm playing PhotoHunt on a MegaTouch.
post #5 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
That's a nice one, I like the luminous highlights on the cordite smoke.

Thanks
post #6 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by shetline
This is a picture I'm pleased with, not so much for the image itself, but for what I thought was a pretty good Photoshop job of cleaning it up and getting rid of a bit of messy, mostly temporary, reality cluttering up the shot:

This is great photoshop work, but personnaly I wouldn't have removed the lamp shadow : it add mystery to the pic (interaction between the lip of the statue and this shadow) : but it's just me
post #7 of 95
Yeah, and you left that big-assed FACE right in the middle of the pic of that cool building!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #8 of 95

200 foot waterfall about an hour hike from my house.

(edit: Removed: crane, fence, cleaning supplies, antennas, helicopter, giant gorilla, lizard monster, UFO, and 40 very small people)
post #9 of 95

no PS, no BS.

--B

post #10 of 95
Oh, I thought there was going to be a Loch Ness monster somewhere in it.
post #11 of 95
Is that what you French guys do on July 14th?
Cat: the other white meat
post #12 of 95

Portugese Cistern in Al Jadida Morocco.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #13 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar

Wow. Unbelievable shot. Got a desktop sized image?
post #14 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton

You should see it before he used photoshop to remove the crane.
post #15 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter

Alright, you've had enough.
post #16 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton

Sure...
post #17 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter

Actually there were two cranes, and a tank.
post #18 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
Alright, you've had enough.

OKOKOK. Here's a serious post:

post #19 of 95
"The Blackbirds"

'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #20 of 95
That's my favorite part of Day After Tomorrow.
post #21 of 95
What is?
post #22 of 95

Midwinter needs to post more when he's drinking.
post #23 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnJ

Midwinter needs to post more when he's drinking.

Next time I'm drinking, I'll make sure to post.
post #24 of 95
Fuck, Shawn...

Now we're going to have a bunch of posts concerning the feminist upbringings of young girls in mid-victorian england with considerable focus on sexual innuendo in 'children's' poems.
post #25 of 95
Quote:
Is that what you French guys do on July 14th?

Yes I use big white guns for shooting July 14th fireworks
post #26 of 95
Quote:

Nice shot. It must be a cool place
post #27 of 95
Quote:
Fuck, Shawn...

Now we're going to have a bunch of posts concerning the feminist upbringings of young girls in mid-victorian england with considerable focus on sexual innuendo in 'children's' poems.

Ain't no innuendo about it.
post #28 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
Nice shot. It must be a cool place

Yeah, it was... Just enough still water to get great reflections...
post #29 of 95
Some very nice pics all around. I'm not really a very good photographer, but here ya go.
post #30 of 95
How about a whole bunch of photos from Egypt and Libya and a total solar eclipse, all strung together at a fast pace with cool music using iMovie?

(Yes, I posted this once before, but I like showing it off. )

I have no idea how many of you can view this at once before my web hosting service balks at the bandwidth, but here you are anyway:

http://www.shetline.com/movies/egypt_libya_2006.mov

It's a 15-minute video, 46.9 MB, and requires a bandwith of about 450 kbps to stream smoothly.

The video is basically a fast-paced slide show (most images aren't shown any longer than one second) with some (I think) pretty cool music, with a couple of short snippets of motion video thrown in. I've hopefully made it more entertaining to watch than the average slide show -- I guess all of you can judge how successful I was.

Low-res, monophonic version for lower bandwidth:

http://www.shetline.com/movies/egypt...006_lowres.mov
post #31 of 95
It's good that you went to Egypt now. . .

By the way, sweet slideshow. Is that an iMovie job?
post #32 of 95
What's the music?

Edit: nevermind...got to the end.
post #33 of 95
Quote:
It's good that you went to Egypt now. . .

Yes, I was thinking that I'm glad I'm not in Egypt or Libya while bombs are dropping on Lebanon. Our trip was this year, last two weeks of March.
Quote:
By the way, sweet slideshow. Is that an iMovie job?

Yep. I've got to tell you though, although iMovie was pretty good to work with overall, it has some annoying glitches (like constantly rounding off one frame's worth of duration off whole series of slides) and bugs (I had one crash lose me hours of work), plus some annoyingly limited features (such as not being able to change font styles and sizes within a block of scrolling text).

For the DVD version, I also ran into some iDVD annoyances -- my feeling now is that both of the pieces of software felt a little more like late beta releases than final products, especial considering the very mature version number of 6 that I was using.
post #34 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
"The Blackbirds"

Interesting.
post #35 of 95
shetline that was a top notch production and I must say I really appreciate it when people put into practice what is said in my sig.

I think you provide a great service when you share your journey as you have within that video-slideshow.

Exploration of diversity is what it is all about.

Great work!

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #36 of 95
Powerdoc,

Love that pic!

Fellows

post #37 of 95
Quote:

I love PhotoHunt. Who said adults can't play kids' games?
post #38 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Fellowship
Powerdoc,

Love that pic!

Fellows

Thanks

Yes it's great to see other culture. Shetline did it the right time.
post #39 of 95
Quote:

haha, my thoughts exactly... yeah, good job on the photoshop clean up though.
post #40 of 95
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The perpetual photo thread