or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Lebanon Conflict

The Lebanon Conflict - Page 9

post #321 of 335
Damn, I'm occupied by Southside Grabowski.

Help me.
post #322 of 335
Freedom For Hassan I Sabbah!
post #323 of 335
"In a statement, the previously-unheard of group 'The Legions of Hassan i Sabbah's Over-Developed Sarcasm' claimed responsibility for highjacking a perfectly decent thread with the aim in mind of 'picking on Moe'. There were no survivors."
post #324 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

No. You are still wrong. If these bombs were dropped three years ago and the conflict was still on-going, the dropping of those bombs would be as unethical as dropping them within 72 hours of the end of the conflict. Nothing changes about the bombs or their threat to civilians in the last 72 hours. I am not defending Israel's use of cluster bombs, I am simply saying that there is nothing any more egregious about dropping the bombs when the end is in sight and dropping the bombs when the end isn't in sight. The damage to civilians will be done in both cases.

It is unethical to drop cluster bombs, period.

It doesn't become any more unethical if you drop them the minute the war ends than dropping them the minute the war begins. Their threat is perpetual.

It's not only unethical. It is, infact, a grave violation of international law, to drop such bombs, at such a porpotion, without a clear, defined, military objective. This is what the UN has criticized.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #325 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski

On any planet and in any nation where people live under the constant threat of terrorism. Israel is indeed an occupied nation.

On this planet we consider Israel an occupying nation. As Hassan suggested, a dictionary could be useful.
post #326 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by New

It's not only unethical. It is, infact, a grave violation of international law, to drop such bombs, at such a porpotion, without a clear, defined, military objective. This is what the UN has criticized.

I agree with the UN criticism. I disagree with claiming that the timing of this act makes it MORE unethical.

We have to be careful here or the term unethical will start to be meaningless.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #327 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by New

On this planet we consider Israel an occupying nation. As Hassan suggested, a dictionary could be useful.

Old definitions.
"some catch on faster than others"
post #328 of 335
What's the new definition? Whatever the militarily superior country chooses it to be?
post #329 of 335
Forget it. This dude practices New Speak.
post #330 of 335
Quote:

Old definitions.

Here are some questions to prove that your 'definition' is a load of old shit.

If I'm stalking my ex-wife, I'm occupying her house, then? If your country threatens Iran with military force, are you occupying it? Is America occupied every time the threat level goes to 'red' but not when it's 'amber'? Or are you already occupied, like Israel, since you're under constant threat, like Israel? (Because in my book, 'occupation' implies 'defeat'. You've lost the war on terror then? Great. At least your President can stop banging on about September the 11th.)

Leave the lovely English language alone,

Edited by powerdoc. No personnal attacks please
post #331 of 335
Looks like I missed a personnal attack. Anyway, I consider a country held hostage by foreign-sponsored terrorists to be occupied.
post #332 of 335
Quote:

Looks like I missed a personnal attack. Anyway, I consider a country held hostage by foreign-sponsored terrorists to be occupied.

That's not what occupied means!!!! For god's sake, you can't just change the meaning of words to meet your own whim. Did you go to school??? Have you heard of a dictionary??
post #333 of 335
post #334 of 335
Terrorized - yes, Occupied - no.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #335 of 335
Currently south leban is occupied temporary by Israelian troops until the UNIFIL replace them. Israel will not leave leban until the unifil and the lebanese army control the frontier of south leban and the frontier between leban and syria.
The hezbollah who is fund (but not entirely controled) by Iran and syria had the terrible idea of taking in hostage two israelian soldier. Some israelians executives, think it was the perfect occasion to smatch Hezbollah who was becoming an important threat to Isreael security. so they jumped in this legitime occasion to make a war against hezbollah.
Unfortunately it failed : Israel did not succeed to win against hezbollah, but destroyed an huge part of leban. As a result Israelian leaders loose to wars :
- the mediatic one on the international scene
- the mediatic one on the internal political scene. Israelian people still think that this war was legitimate, but had a terrible management. The polls are very bad for Olmer and co.
On the other side, althought some lebanese have a legitimate fiery, for having resisting to Israel, are pissed by the irresponsability of Hezbollah. Having caught this two hostages leaded to the destruction of leban
One of my friend is lebanese and his family still live here. Here is some comments :
: "can you speak of victory, when are you are handing the white flag, and when your whole country is destroyed ? " " and you did that just for the interest of Iran via Syria ? "

I blame hezbollah for being an extremist movement and for being the puppet of Iran and Syria.
I blame Israel who's legitimate right of being secure, does not give them the right to destroy whole countries who do not directly attack them. Israel had many other options than the one they take
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Lebanon Conflict