or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Apple Insider v Apple Nova?

Apple Insider v Apple Nova? - Page 3

post #81 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post

Someone should PM me, I feel left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post

Dearest Carol,

I would also like said latest news.

*sets PM inbox on auto-refresh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post

Wow, I was expecting this to be fixed by now. I've made my trip and still nothing.

What's so funny is after seeing Hassan on here my first thought was wondering if he had a bike anywhere near here. Now I feel really late for the party on that one.

Carol, can I know something too? Please?

Is FormerLurker FFL? Most of the member I know are using the same name here and that makes it easier for me to know who each other is.

As I said above, there has been a server problem.

Waiting to see how things work out wrt that.
Much have I seen and known...yet all experience is an arch, wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades forever and forever when I move. - Tennyson
Much have I seen and known...yet all experience is an arch, wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades forever and forever when I move. - Tennyson
post #82 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol A View Post

As I said above, there has been a server problem.

Waiting to see how things work out wrt that.

Thanks Carol. Funny how you really miss a place when you can't get there. Glad to know it's being resolved though.
Life is awesome, even better when you live it!
Mac Mini PPC 1.25GHz, 10.5.2 Server, 1GB RAM | MacBook CoreDuo 2GHz, White, 10.5.2, 2GB RAM
Join the Folding@Home Team
Mac Mini PPC 1.25GHz, 10.5.2 Server, 1GB RAM | MacBook CoreDuo 2GHz, White, 10.5.2, 2GB RAM
post #83 of 162
AppleNova FTW.
post #84 of 162
Quote:

Is FormerLurker FFL? Most of the member I know are using the same name here and that makes it easier for me to know who each other is.

Former FormerLurker, maybe?

Anyway, I miss AN.
post #85 of 162
If any of the other refugees are looking for good company, some of us are chilling out in the AIM chat room...
post #86 of 162
Yeah, applenova.
(I'm NosferaDrew btw)
post #87 of 162
Quote:

Wow, I was expecting this to be fixed by now. I've made my trip and still nothing.

What's so funny is after seeing Hassan on here my first thought was wondering if he had a bike anywhere near here. Now I feel really late for the party on that one.

Geez, I head out for a few hours and I miss the party!

FFL originally stood for Formerly FormerLurker, as it didn't make much sense to be a FormerLurker on a brand new site.

Also Fishhead For Life, as well as From FL.

Thanks for the PM's, Carol - you have replies now if you haven't read them yet.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #88 of 162
Jesus crap... it took visiting here on my iPod (which doesn't have a modified hosts file) to realize how awful the advertising is D:
post #89 of 162
I go to Canada for a few days, and look what happens!

I wonder what my post count is now...
post #90 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post

If any of the other refugees are looking for good company, some of us are chilling out in the AIM chat room...

I should head over there but I'm on vacation myself and will have to hold off for now. I'll see about stopping in later tonight though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Yeah, applenova.
(I'm NosferaDrew btw)

I figured you out by your profile and your chat handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Geez, I head out for a few hours and I miss the party!

FFL originally stood for Formerly FormerLurker, as it didn't make much sense to be a FormerLurker on a brand new site.

Also Fishhead For Life, as well as From FL.

I thought FFL was for Fishhead For Life. Since I haven't been a very active member here I never knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post

I go to Canada for a few days, and look what happens!

I wonder what my post count is now...

I had a few posts from the last time AN went down but they have all disappeared for some reason. Searching for AppleNova only brought up a few threads and none of them are from the last time AN went down.

Either way, now I'm becoming a little more active here though I do so hate getting pop-ups and pop-unders.
post #91 of 162
Quote:

I should head over there but I'm on vacation myself and will have to hold off for now. I'll see about stopping in later tonight though.

Not in VA?
I'll be in Virginia Beach after Christmas and me and my Mom will be heading up to Williamsburg where my sister and family lives for First Night in Williamsburg.

Not looking forward to the cold!
post #92 of 162
Quote:

Yeah, FFL stands for, I think, "Formerly Former Lurker". The others are self-explanatory.
post #93 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Not in VA?
I'll be in Virginia Beach after Christmas and me and my Mom will be heading up to Williamsburg where my sister and family lives for First Night in Williamsburg.

Not looking forward to the cold!

Yep, I left Va Beach last night and am now in Charleston SC. Seems like the weather is supposed to be about 72DegF tomorrow! I'll be back to the Beach middle of next week. I can't say I'll miss the cold while I'm down here either.

Williamsburg is very cool and you should have a blast. How long will you be in the area?
post #94 of 162
Nobody worry...

I BROUGHT THE BEER!

Now we can have a true reunion. \
He came from a distant land...
He came from a distant land...
post #95 of 162
They're making progress at least now:

Better than generic 404 errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLP View Post

Nobody worry...

I BROUGHT THE BEER!

Now we can have a true reunion. \

Yep, sounds like my family reunions. \
post #96 of 162
Well, I sure do hope that the current crop of active AI users aren't too ticked by us old-timers dropping in like this... so unexpected, and during the holidays at that! Thanks you guys. We should make you a cake or something when we get our house back... right now it feels like we've moved back into the old family home or something... I couldn't resist popping into PO just to see how nasty some of the exchanges were... good times!!
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #97 of 162
It is rather funny and even more so when you read the first page or so of this thread.
post #98 of 162
Still just a 404 for me, I guess my ISP's DNS hasn't caught up yet. Hopefully it can get straightened out soon.
Main System: 14" iBook G4, Late 2004, 1.33ghz, 80GB HD, 256MB RAM, OS X 10.4.3.
---
Music: 2G iPod Mini, 4GB, Green.
---
post #99 of 162
Quote:

They're making progress at least now:

I'm still getting the generic error. \

edit: I suppose I should have mentioned that I'm Ryan over at AN, for those who weren't around when I was going by this handle.
post #100 of 162
Ah I see that now if I go to applenova.com. It's my bookmark to forums.applenova.com that is still just a 404.
---
---
post #101 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium View Post

Ah I see that now if I go to applenova.com. It's my bookmark to forums.applenova.com that is still just a 404.

Yup, I was just about to mention that too.
post #102 of 162
Jesus ... you guys are looking old now.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #103 of 162

You don't even know!! All these whippersnappers running around here are really driving that point home!

We're like an ark-ship that went zooshing off into the great beyond to settle new worlds... on our "planet" we have a custom of making BEER a choice on most every poll, in order to allow people to avoid selecting a controversial opinion, thus avoiding long-standing rivalries. It usually works out nicely, and we (for the most part) remain so laid back that we don't have time to fuss and grumble.

But for me, the unpleasantries of the breakaway weren't directly related to me, so AI is still the "home team", just not where I play now. I'd sure hope that the AI crowd would come shack up with us if this old house has any hiccups.
post #104 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

... we have a custom of making BEER a choice on most every poll, in order to allow people to avoid selecting a controversial opinion, thus avoiding long-standing rivalries.

Do you even realize why we don't have that option on polls here?

Murbot took it all with him.

post #105 of 162
Ha!!
Yes, we have beer, motorcycles and hard drive reformatting lessons from time to time.
And then there's my Poo Log. (spotty results today gang)

Hey....
What's with all the pop-behinds.... are these coming from AI? Is that something new? ::sigh::
I want my "clubby fraternity" back... I've never belonged to something so exclusive before....
post #106 of 162
Quote:

Ha!!
Yes, we have beer, motorcycles and hard drive reformatting lessons from time to time.
And then there's my Poo Log. (spotty results today gang)

Hey....
What's with all the pop-behinds.... are these coming from AI? Is that something new? ::sigh::
I want my "clubby fraternity" back... I've never belonged to something so exclusive before....

I've activated the extra-special pop-behind machine. It's only serving them to people who haven't visited here in some time.

Or something like that.
post #107 of 162
I just want to say that, given my history with terrorist attacks, I have not been near AN for quite some time.

Or have I....

I still think Hassan chained his bike to it.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #108 of 162
Quote:

:But for me, the unpleasantries of the breakaway weren't directly related to me, so AI is still the "home team", just not where I play now. I'd sure hope that the AI crowd would come shack up with us if this old house has any hiccups.

You expressed exactly my feelings. I didn't have the time to visit two forums on a regular basis, so I chose the option with more beer and astrology/pizza ...
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams
post #109 of 162
Moogavitch.

Here we all are, under the same roof again. Apart from Tina.

I miss her.
post #110 of 162
Hey Windswept
Applenova > AppleInsider
Applenova > AppleInsider
post #111 of 162
old people ftw
post #112 of 162
Quote:
I'd sure hope that the AI crowd would come shack up with us if this old house has any hiccups.

I'll pee on all the carpets.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #113 of 162
two days is quite a long time for a server issue.
post #114 of 162
I think you're going to have to stay!

This is cosy.

Beer. Boobies.

Just like home.
post #115 of 162
Well, maybe I wouldn't be on as many "ignore lists" over here.
post #116 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecting_zero View Post

Well, maybe I wouldn't be on as many "ignore lists" over here.

Who the fuck are you?
post #117 of 162
Kidding.
post #118 of 162
Don;t worry Hassan, no body knows who he is...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #119 of 162
It's kinda awkward over here...not bad, but...awkward. I wasn't exactly over at AI in the first place, so that makes it all the weirder. Anyways, so this whole thing is a DNS issue? *sigh*

BTW, Moogs, check your PM.
post #120 of 162

---
---
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Apple Insider v Apple Nova?