or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › No Guts, No Glory - The AI Nike Plus User Group

No Guts, No Glory - The AI Nike Plus User Group - Page 2

Poll Results: Interested in joining the AINPUG?

• 25% (15)
    YES! I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough and Gosh Darnit People Like Me!
  • 30% (18)
    No Thanks!
  • 45% (27)
    As soon as I acquire all the stuff involved!
60 Total Votes  
post #41 of 44
Try doing your wife's again...the distance may have been incorrect. What's her experience level for running? It's basically counting your footstrikes (left foot), and multiplying by your average stride (x2). If you calibrate with inconsistent strides, it would cause a problem. Or maybe this--if you calibrate your devices individually, and then run together...do you naturally run at the same pace? If not, I could see where your calibration would be "off" because one of you would be altering your pace and/or cadence.
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Turbo View Post

Try doing your wife's again...the distance may have been incorrect. What's her experience level for running? It's basically counting your footstrikes (left foot), and multiplying by your average stride (x2). If you calibrate with inconsistent strides, it would cause a problem. Or maybe this--if you calibrate your devices individually, and then run together...do you naturally run at the same pace? If not, I could see where your calibration would be "off" because one of you would be altering your pace and/or cadence.

I agree with the last part. You should recalibrate both at the same time.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIKSPEED View Post

Thank you for your response but I did calibrate as you mention and several times.... My wife did also but just once... Me I should did it 3 or 4 times and the differences still persisting...

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and yeah, I have the exact same problem with mine...but calibration does help if you make sure you run at your natural pace with even strides.
post #44 of 44
Nice, Graham! I'm using Nike+ with my 3GS.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › No Guts, No Glory - The AI Nike Plus User Group