or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Milton Keynes, why isnt it a city?

Milton Keynes, why isnt it a city? - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline

Is that why English cooking tastes like ass?

and how would you know what 'ARSE' taste's like? anyway, all you americans can do is heat up froen stuff and head down to your local fast food place. i dont think i know of any famous american cooks. if you want, name some
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_naylor

@ Americans: totally random question, but do you have Pret a Mangers in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

Not that I'm aware of, and it's a damned shame. Nor do we have Tesco.

What?! I thought "Pret a Mangers" were an American invention that's turned every street in London into the following:-

post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel

I don't think the frogs had much impact on the course of that war, nor have they in most wars.

I think that you need to re-consider that position, they sent ships, supplies and troops, and also loaned us $11 million dollars (10% of the cost of the war - maybe $200 million in today's dollars). I think that the war would have still been won eventually, but it may have lasted a lot longer without France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaynham

and how would you know what 'ARSE' taste's like? anyway, all you americans can do is heat up froen stuff and head down to your local fast food place. i dont think i know of any famous american cooks. if you want, name some

Anthony Bordain

And I have never heard of Pret A Manger - sounds french. Maybe they have them in California or something.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by keot

What?! I thought "Pret a Mangers" were an American invention that's turned every street in London into the following:-

Nah. We're moving slowly...taking over Chelsea first with our GAP stores, Starbuckses and Harley Shops! Screw all those antique stores that used to line the King's Road! We want GAPs!!!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by keot

Here's the low down on Pret:
* Founded in London in 1986
* 'Pret a Manger' is French for 'ready to eat' (duh?)
* They have stores all over the UK and some in New York

according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pret. Don't know why I didn't look there first actually.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

Nah. We're moving slowly...taking over Chelsea first with our GAP stores, Starbuckses and Harley Shops! Screw all those antique stores that used to line the King's Road! We want GAPs!!!

It isn't our fault that American culture is the most appealing - if the British didn't shop there, the shops would not be built.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetline

Is that why English cooking tastes like ass?

"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaynham

While I'm sure English food is only half as horrible as everyone makes it out to be American food has to be some of the best in the world if only because you can get any kind of food in America. I mean, my Irish born mother could make a great Shepherd's Pie, awesome Irish breakfast and great Split Pea soup, but she also learned how to make a great Lasagna and Baked Ziti from an Italian friend.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Milton Keynes, why isnt it a city?