or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Exodus and Moses' volcano God

Exodus and Moses' volcano God - Page 2

post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

as im still awaiting subliminal SMS as to why Christians would rather celebrate the pagan festival of the goddess Ishtar, rather than the actual date of when their leader died and resurrected - is it because no one knows? or cares? No one bothered to write down when the most important person in human history died - and no-one wrote it down when he came back to life?

Lots of questions for the Cunt Jesus. BTW, Im sure followers of Jesus the Christ, wont be too upset about my terminology of Cunt Jesus - Cunt Jesus is the leader of the Evangelical Fundamentalism and in no way related to Jesus the Christ - except philosophically as his opposite. So we have JC and his opposite CJ.

Anyway dmz, for all my fluid liberal thinking, I have never been able to get my head around, and cant even think of a 'beautiful' truth regarding this thing known as the trinity. Father Son HolySpirit. I just cant contemplate what the specialness of this deal is all about. Maybe you could explain?

Ps. I see the Pope has described the US fundie movement as scoring void in philosophy - which considering the Bible is a philosophy - was probably a coded message to say that Creationists dont know shit.

I think the holiday thing is easy, the Church calendar is year-long, you can subscribe to it in Apple's 'Christian Holidays' in iCal.

It was simply a way to assert itself over/replace a huge set of pagan holidays -- probably different in every town. The same way Alexander Hamilton tied the American colonies together with fiat money.

Embrace (sort of), extend, and extinguish.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

I think the holiday thing is easy, the Church calendar is year-long, you can subscribe to it in Apple's 'Christian Holidays' in iCal.

It was simply a way to assert itself over/replace a huge set of pagan holidays -- probably different in every town. The same way Alexander Hamilton tied the American colonies together with fiat money.

Embrace (sort of), extend, and extinguish.

so tell me dmz, exactly when did Jesus die and resurrect?
post #43 of 58
Quote:

so tell me dmz, exactly when did Jesus die and resurrect?

...on the passover (or thereabouts)

post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

...on the passover (or thereabouts)

Exactly. When the Sun 'passes over' the day/night cycle becoming equal around the time of the spring equinox, 'thereabouts' being calculated by the phase of the moon after this date.

So now that we've established that you have fully known all along the astrological underpinnings of the story - and all the protesting about it is because you want the secrets of Christianity to remain hidden - why don't you go ahead and fill me in on what is so special - what is that fuzzy feeling - about the Trininy?
post #45 of 58
And i recall, that amongst the very early christian movement, the very reason that Christians upset the authorities is because they were disclosing to the public the 'secrets' of the pagan religions philosophy. Not because they had formed thier own philosophical theory. Secrets that the authorities didn't want disclosed, because 'Secrets' allowed them to have power over peoples lives and keep them in line with their agenda.

The Jesus movement, threatened to restore the power and liberty to ordinary people so that they might free themselves from the slavery of power over them. Thats why the Catholic Church had to pervert it with their literal interpretation of events. It was changed from a spiritual enlightenment story into one of rigid fundamentalism to be strictly adhered too, so as the people were re-enslaved, and the authorities maintained the power.

Yet despite knowing this, - and segovius is guilty of this too with his esotericism - People want to retain these secrets the Jesus movement revealed, for thier own self-satisfaction so to hold onto the positions of power. So in actual fact, the very people claiming to be followers of Jesus' teaching today are the ones who are most disregarding it.
post #46 of 58
Quote:

Exactly. When the Sun 'passes over' the day/night cycle becoming equal around the time of the spring equinox, 'thereabouts' being calculated by the phase of the moon after this date.

So now that we've established that you have fully known all along the astrological underpinnings of the story - and all the protesting about it is because you want the secrets of Christianity to remain hidden - why don't you go ahead and fill me in on what is so special - what is that fuzzy feeling - about the Trininy?

Yes, but the passover was always computed that way, although I'm not all that up on my Jewish calendar, so Christianity just took up where they left off.

I don't know about the fuzzy Trinity -- there's the economic trinity (how God expresses Himself to us), and the ontological trinity -- how He relates to Himself. Seriously, I guess it's more philosophical after some point, than emotionally fulfilling.

post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

Yes, but the passover was always computed that way, although I'm not all that up on my Jewish calendar, so Christianity just took up where they left off.

I don't know about the fuzzy Trinity -- there's the economic trinity (how God expresses Himself to us), and the ontological trinity -- how He relates to Himself. Seriously, I guess it's more philosophical after some point, than emotionally fulfilling.

well the philosophical is what i want to know, maybe you could explain the economic and ontological aspects
post #48 of 58
Quote:

And i recall, that amongst the very early christian movement, the very reason that Christians upset the authorities is because they were disclosing to the public the 'secrets' of the pagan religions philosophy. Not because they had formed thier own philosophical theory. Secrets that the authorities didn't want disclosed, because 'Secrets' allowed them to have power over peoples lives and keep them in line with their agenda.

The Jesus movement, threatened to restore the power and liberty to ordinary people so that they might free themselves from the slavery of power over them. Thats why the Catholic Church had to pervert it with their literal interpretation of events. It was changed from a spiritual enlightenment story into one of rigid fundamentalism to be strictly adhered too, so as the people were re-enslaved, and the authorities maintained the power.

Yet despite knowing this, - and segovius is guilty of this too with his esotericism - People want to retain these secrets the Jesus movement revealed, for thier own self-satisfaction so to hold onto the positions of power. So in actual fact, the very people claiming to be followers of Jesus' teaching today are the ones who are most disregarding it.

Yes but if you read things like Tactitus' complaint, and some of the things that came out of the great persecutions, It all revolved around the Christians not playing ball with the pagan system, to the point that they were cultural outsiders. They didn't venerate the same fertility shrines or localizations of power, wouldn't accept Caesar as a de facto 'god' -- the dominant power on Earth, bla bla bla.

post #49 of 58
Quote:

well the philosophical is what i want to know, maybe you could explain the economic and ontological aspects

Oh no you don't, not in under 1000 words -- I've blown my afternon already!

wikipedia has pretty good coverage of this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

Oh no you don't, not in under 1000 words -- I've blown my afternon already!

wikipedia has pretty good coverage of this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

funny how that goes isn't it. I plan to have a quick peek in for 5 minutes in the evening, and before you know it its way past bedtime.
post #51 of 58
I murder in the name of spaghetti. Therefore, spaghetti is bad.

Right.
There's no there there. But, I'm working on it.
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksbrain

I murder in the name of spaghetti. Therefore, spaghetti is bad.

Right.

and if Spaghetti was an imaginary mental construct, and people went murdering under delusion of an imaginary mental contruct, then spaghetti, as an imaginary mental construct would be a cunt.
post #53 of 58
Right.
post #54 of 58
Quote:

Right.

glad we agree!
post #55 of 58
Your venom, though-- that's sunshine and rainbows.
post #56 of 58
Quote:

Your venom, though-- that's sunshine and rainbows.

great, we agree on 2 things.
post #57 of 58
Bipolar?
post #58 of 58
Quote:

Bipolar?

iPolar ?

Besides if you don't have atleast 2 personalities you are seriously missing out on life. Some of my imaginary friends have several hunderd personalities.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Exodus and Moses' volcano God