or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Shells and Cheese or Mac n' Cheese?

Shells and Cheese or Mac n' Cheese?

post #1 of 18
Let's hear it, which do you prefer and why?

The Kraft? Or the Big V?

I know plenty of people can argue this one...

(I'm actually hoping someone will give a detailed answer on why with various points of argument and reason... )
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #2 of 18
Definitely Annie's because I'm a liberal fag:

post #3 of 18
All I know is that as I've gotten older I can no longer eat regular Kraft Mac and Cheese (with the powder). It messes with my insides. I've now upgraded to only Kraft Mac and Cheese Deluxe (with the sauce) and find it quite tasty.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #4 of 18
I can only eat the powdery kind, which is strangely opposite to Cosmo's reaction. A box of Kraft mac & cheese (or whatever brand, it really means nothing) is the best way I've found to carbo-load for a race, a soccer game, etc. Eaten eight hours before the event.
Cat: the other white meat
post #5 of 18
Homemade mac n cheese FTW!

If desperate or in a hurry, the box with the powder kind.... \
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #6 of 18
Wait, Kraft makes Mac and Cheese Deluxe?

And it comes with sauce? Does this mean you can skip the grueling labor intensive "mixing up the sauce from the powder stage" and just microwave the sauce and boil the macaroni? And be that much closer to mac 'n cheese goodness without actually having to do anything?

I am so there.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo

Definitely Annie's because I'm a liberal fag:

Placebo: I love you. I've been dying to try Annie's organic pasta for a while.. I'm a fan of organic food.

CosmoNut: I'm with you there. I'm spoiled; I've never had that powdered mac and cheese shit.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #8 of 18
So what's the difference between velveeta and kraft mac deluxe?
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

So what's the difference between velveeta and kraft mac deluxe?

Velveeta Shells & Cheese vs. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
post #10 of 18

How in the world did you find that article?

It's true. The Velveeta cheese sauce is more addictive than nicotine. I've had the urge several times to put two pouches of cheese sauce in my shells. But, thankfully, I respect my coronary arteries and stick to the one pouch.

But best believe I squeeze out every single drop of cheese that little pouch can hold!
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox

Wait, Kraft makes Mac and Cheese Deluxe?

And it comes with sauce? Does this mean you can skip the grueling labor intensive "mixing up the sauce from the powder stage" and just microwave the sauce and boil the macaroni? And be that much closer to mac 'n cheese goodness without actually having to do anything?

I am so there.

Uh, yeah. My little ones love mac & cheese, so I cook shells and grate some cheese into them while they're still hot. Then I steam some broccoli and stick some onion in it so I can have some too. I'm not sure why you need to buy a kit for this.
post #12 of 18
Duh. Because if I can't buy my dinner in a box that includes a pouch of bright orange, alarmingly glutenous, vaguely cheese like substance the terrorists win.

But I guess that would be just fine with you, Mr. "I can make it at home" America hater. And guess what's happening while you're wasting precious seconds steaming broccoli?

Hint: the terrorists ain't steamin' no damn brocolli.
post #13 of 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox

Hint: the terrorists ain't steamin' no damn brocolli.

That better be your new quote...
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell

I'm not sure why you need to buy a kit for this.

Aren't you in the wrong topic? The "Snootycrats" topic is in PO.
post #15 of 18
I've actually eaten an entire box of Kraft Mac and Cheese Deluxe before. That ain't no simple feat since the macaroni is thicker and the sauce is more filling.
post #16 of 18
Whoa... that's quite an accomplishment, CosmoNut! I couldn't do that.. I'd probably get sick. Too much of a good thing, you know?
post #17 of 18
Cheese from powder. That is gross.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent

Cheese from powder. That is gross.

Not much different than evaporated/powdered milk, which is a pretty common ingredient in many sorts of dishes.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Shells and Cheese or Mac n' Cheese?