or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › No QT audio and iTunes not loading?

No QT audio and iTunes not loading?

post #1 of 3
I've updated to QT7 Pro in the last week and since then have lost all QT audio, both on local files and online; plus now iTunes will not load at all: "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

I have no idea how bad this is, or what it means; tried the "Open Audio MIDI Setup, change the Audio Output setting to 44100.0 Hz or less" but with no joy.

Can anyone advise?
cheers, artjaz
cheers, artjaz
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by artjaz

I've updated to QT7 Pro in the last week and since then have lost all QT audio, both on local files and online; plus now iTunes will not load at all: "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-200)."

I have no idea how bad this is, or what it means; tried the "Open Audio MIDI Setup, change the Audio Output setting to 44100.0 Hz or less" but with no joy.

Can anyone advise?

Try opening Garage Band, then closing it. This worked for a problem that I had with QT audio, although I never got the error message you're getting. Just a thought.
"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
"Gawd, even white trash feel sorry for me."
"That's true, that's very very true."
post #3 of 3
Try removing iTunes app and prefs and reinstalling it.

Also do you have any third party codecs in your HD/Library/QuickTime folder?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › No QT audio and iTunes not loading?