or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Show us your desk!

Show us your desk!

post #1 of 130
There was a thread last week called "show us your mac pro's".

This threads purpose is to show us your current setup's. Whether is be your desk at home or work, whatever. Maybe we can get some ideas of things to add to our setup if we see other people with them.

Hopefully lots of people will post, if anyone doesn't have a place to host them from, email me to me at penningtonj@mac.com and I will be glad to put them on my dot mac account.

This is my home office ...

Thanks, Justin.
post #2 of 130
think you skipped a photo
post #3 of 130
Nope, what else do you want a picture of, I still have my camera out?
post #4 of 130
my desk totally sucks compared to that. I'm humbled...sniffle.

Looking for that perfect desk though. I'm kinda of realizing it doesn't exist and I'll probably have to make my own someday.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #5 of 130
how do you insert photo's into the posts?
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
"i find that if you keep talkin', your mouth comes up with stuff..." Karl Pilkington
post #6 of 130
8) !!!!!
post #7 of 130
Here's a quick shot of my new desk setup, got my Mac Pro today!

Mac Pro - 2 X 2.66 GHz Xeon - 4 GB RAM - 250 GB - 500 GB

MacBook ::Black:: - 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 1 GB RAM - 120 GB

post #8 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnns2000

Here's a quick shot of my new desk setup, got my Mac Pro today!

Very nice .

I really want a mac pro, but I am worried about the studio and cs apps. I use dreamweaver, fireworks, flash, photoshop, acrobat, and illusrator for hours a day. If anyone with a mac pro has those applications could you please let me know how they run in rosetta?

PS: I updated the first post to list the stuff on the desk.

Once again, FINNS2000, beautiful.
post #9 of 130
Very pretty setups, both of you. Finnns2000's makes me want a glass desk.
post #10 of 130
The OP definitely made this thread to show-off and make us jealous.

It worked.
"Humankind -- despite its artistic pretensions, its sophistication, and its many accomplishments -- owes its existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains."
"Humankind -- despite its artistic pretensions, its sophistication, and its many accomplishments -- owes its existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains."
post #11 of 130
Is that a 23 or 30 inch ACD finnns2000???
post #12 of 130
Thanks for the props. 23" ACD, crjeong.

post #13 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaynham

how do you insert photo's into the posts?

Do you have an "Attach Files" box underneath the reply entry box under "Additional Options", or is that just me?

Attachment 126
LL
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #14 of 130
Lundy --

You need to turn of attachments for the registered users usergroup in the ACP if you want us to be able to upload them to the your server.

I figured that you disabled it to save space. vB turns it on by default.

-Justin
post #15 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpennington

When I saw this one, I thought instantly that the Power Mac carried its baby, the fabulous headless Mac showing up in each iMac discussion.

Otherwise, impressive setup.
post #16 of 130
Very very pretty setup, JP. The wall mounted LCDs are very cool. Elegant backup setup for power, WAN and data.

Wise move, IMO, to stay with PPC until the big apps are native Intel. You are used to fast response on that Quad and Rosetta I think would be disappointing and a productivity hindrance.

Re: the attachments, let me suggest that to management.
--Johnny
--Johnny
post #17 of 130
So this is my desk/home office. When these images were taken I didn't have as much work on the go, now it's much more cluttered.

post #18 of 130
Heres mine... Im runnin a G5 Dual core 2.3, 4gb ram, 250gb HD and 7800 GT w/ a 19" screen
post #19 of 130
Keem 'em comin' everyone
post #20 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoluxa

Heres mine... Im runnin PM G5 Dual core 2.3, 4gb ram, 250gb HD and 7800 GT w/ a 19" screen (snip)

I love how you are open to this thread on your screen. My desktop will be pictured soon. As of now I don't have a digital camera.
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" ~ Vroomfondel
post #21 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous

I love how you are open to this thread on your screen. My desktop will be pictured soon. As of now I don't have a digital camera.

I noticed that too, lol
post #22 of 130
Ok I borrowed my grandparents digital camera. I know it's not as great as the others, but hey, who doesn't want to look at Macs?

Pictured here is:

2.0 ghz MacBook
4GB rev A iPod mini
Other random crap

This is my stereo setup. I have an Airpot Express under there that I stream music to from my MacBook. Like I said, not as impressive as others but I'm happy with it.
post #23 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimezvous

lol yeah..when I stumbled across this thread I just snapped a pic and uploaded it..
post #24 of 130
Quote:

lol yeah..when I stumbled across this thread I just snapped a pic and uploaded it..

where did you upload it to? straight on to this site or another server?
post #25 of 130
Quote:

I had to use my website server.. since it wants a url when you attach pics.
post #26 of 130
Quote:

I had to use my website server.. since it wants a url when you attach pics.

bugger, ok cheers
post #27 of 130
Study at home. I also have an Epson scanner that's not in the picture. The iMac is a 2.1GHz G5 20 incher with 2.5 gigs of RAM. The 18" LCD to the left isn't connected to anything at the moment, but I'd like to span my iMac onto it as soon as I can find where to get the mini VGA connector.

Cat: the other white meat
post #28 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel

The iMac is a 2.1GHz G5 20 incher with 2.5 gigs of RAM.

The angle shows it like the 23" model.
post #29 of 130
Quote:

i like the fact that the screen is presumably from a dell that was bought, then abandoned, lol, dats kinda wot mi desk looks like, mac in the middle, dell pushed to the side
post #30 of 130
Quote:

Study at home. I also have an Epson scanner that's not in the picture. The iMac is a 2.1GHz G5 20 incher with 2.5 gigs of RAM. The 18" LCD to the left isn't connected to anything at the moment, but I'd like to span my iMac onto it as soon as I can find where to get the mini VGA connector.

I don't think you can extend the desktop of an iMac (at least the G5's) without modifying the firmware.

http://support.apple.com/specs/imac/iMac_G5_iSight.html About two thirds of the way down, look at Video, it says it only supports video mirroring.

-Justin
post #31 of 130
Screen Spanning Doctor is the name of the program that fixes it.

The Dell monitor actually never belonged to a Dell, I just got a cheap deal on it.
post #32 of 130
Quote:

mbaynham, if you want to upload a picture, you can use imageshack.us for free.

cheers,
Noah
post #33 of 130
If you need help with it, email them to me at penningtonj@mac.com and I will be glad to put them on my .mac site.

-Justin
post #34 of 130

I don't have a Mac yet
1400MHz Athlon XP, oldold 19" Samsung, oldoldOLD 13" CRT
I have got a Wacom and a Rio Karma, though!
post #35 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatbox

I don't have a Mac yet
1400MHz Athlon XP, oldold 19" Samsung, oldoldOLD 13" CRT
I have got a Wacom and a Rio Karma, though!

post #36 of 130
Any more?
post #37 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpennington

Any more?

One more:
post #38 of 130
here you go

[/IMG]
post #39 of 130
I have a iBook, but i'm too lazy to take a photo, just have to wait until i get my iMac in october (when i'm not poor)
post #40 of 130
Our house is two-story and the computer room is a small area upstairs that used to be a nursery. That’s where my desktop computer, a G5 Dual 2.5 lives when its not at the Apple Store for repair where it is now-- four times in the last month, all for the same problem.

Anyway, this is the downstairs computer located in an available space in the family room, a Titanium Powerbook 867 from 2002, with 1GB memory and an 80GB HD. Also included in the picture counterclockwise from the left is a Formac 20” FPD, a Sandisk 1GB thumb drive, a notebook for all the user names and passwords that I can never remember, a 20GB 2-Gen iPod, a Logitech wireless mouse and a LaCie 250GB FW drive that’s normally in the computer room.

http://homepage.mac.com/penningtonj/...arry_mckay.jpg
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Show us your desk!