or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Steve Irwin Has Died

Steve Irwin Has Died - Page 2

post #41 of 52
I would think that line of work is more of an apprenticeship training kind of thing.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

Okay, first off, he never "marketed a product." Even when his persona created a movie and merchandise, the majority of the profits went right into the zoo's upkeep and conservation efforts; it went to help the animals. And to my knowledge, no, he didn't receive a "formal education." He was caring for animals since he was able to walk, since his father owned the zoo, and he decided to learn more so he could follow in his dad's footsteps. The best education, in this instance, is first hand experience.

exactly, and he would have been far more educated for it, than spending a few years in vets training and having a few letters after his name.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

exactly, and he would have been far more educated for it, than spending a few years in vets training and having a few letters after his name.

What, precisely, is "it" in this sentence?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #44 of 52
"It" pertains to his career choice. I wholeheartedly agree, CosmoNut and Marc.
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #45 of 52
" Here to the crazy ones......" and Mr Jobs nor Mr Gates are "Trained proffesionals " so who cares ? Did he do good ? Did help change the world ? Did he bring joy and knowledge to a lot of children?
It is shame he has died. The end.
It's a matter of taste
It's a matter of taste
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

"It" pertains to his career choice. I wholeheartedly agree, CosmoNut and Marc.

And again, what, precisely, was his career? Zoo owner? Croc wrangler? Snake handler? TV host?
post #47 of 52
I heard Troy Tempest has denied Stingray had anything to do with it! LOL.
post #48 of 52
To say it wasn't a game of odds because he survived it for 35 years is silly. He got killed. Yes, it was freak, but it caught up with him nonetheless.

I don't begrudge him what he was doing. Just saying, when you do dangerous stuff for 35 years, it's going to catch up with you. ESPECIALLY as you age and your reaction time decreases. It finally did with him, no matter how good he was at it.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #49 of 52
I think this thread has gone on enough...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

Well, clearly, he was. The zoo. His "brand." The lucrative documentary series. The cartoon. The movie. The action figures. I don't care if he gave it all to charity, he was marketing a product and using those funds to sustain and expand the zooand his brand, which could be used to sustain and expand the zoo and his brand, which could be used to sustain and expand the zoo and his brand and on and on.

My mechanic buddy learned by doing, but he doesnt run onto the highway with a camera crew and stop traffic and say "Cranky mate, theres a buick stoping right there; Lets go look under the hood!"
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #51 of 52
Agreed. This has become too cynical for my tastes. Time to close this thread.
post #52 of 52
Mods:

He's gone. He defied categorization. His cheer, humor and enthusiasm will live on.

Please lock this thread. Rest in Peace, Mr. Irwin.

V/R,

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Steve Irwin Has Died