or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › How do I remove my macbook pro spacebar?

How do I remove my macbook pro spacebar?

post #1 of 7
Well,

My macbook pro was having some video related issues and i took it to the apple store. They replaced with a brand new computer... the only problem is this:

MY SPACEBAR SQUEAKS LIKE CRAZY!!!

Im having trouble staying focused while i type this. haha Anywhere I can get instructions to remove the spacebar so i can clean/lube the scissor hinges? I think im going to go nuts. haha

Thanks!
Rian
post #2 of 7
Buy a new keyboard? (not from Apple)
Mac user since before you were born.
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFlynn

Well,

My macbook pro was having some video related issues and i took it to the apple store. They replaced with a brand new computer... the only problem is this:

Im having trouble staying focused while i type this. haha Anywhere I can get instructions to remove the spacebar so i can clean/lube the scissor hinges? I think im going to go nuts. haha

Thanks!
Rian

Take it back to the Apple store and demonstrate the squeaking for them. If they have a reasonable tech on staff, it should be easy enough to fix.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFlynn

Well,

Thanks!
Rian

I had the exact same problems with mine. I took it to the local genius bar and they fixed it in 20 minutes in their back room.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by axc51

I had the exact same problems with mine. I took it to the local genius bar and they fixed it in 20 minutes in their back room.

5 Minutes: Find an unopened mac
5 Minutes: carefully open the box to the mac
5 Minutes: carefully swap the included keyboard with the squeaky one
5 Minutes: Drink beer

"Here you are sir, all fixed!"
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Buy a new keyboard? (not from Apple)

Quote:
5 Minutes: Find an unopened mac
5 Minutes: carefully open the box to the mac
5 Minutes: carefully swap the included keyboard with the squeaky one
5 Minutes: Drink beer

You realize he is speaking of a MacBOOK Pro, right? You know.. The kind with a build-in keyboard?

- Xidius
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by >_>

You realize he is speaking of a MacBOOK Pro, right? You know.. The kind with a build-in keyboard?

- Xidius

With the 2nd post, yes, not the first one though .. I was half asleep..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › How do I remove my macbook pro spacebar?