or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?

When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered? - Page 2

post #41 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereubster

I wonder if the fact that almost everyone is ordering the 24" iMac with the 7600GT will lead Apple to offer it as a standard configuration?

Hopefully yes when it is updated (next year, spring, I suppose).
post #42 of 132
Woo hoo!

I just got the "updated shipping" e-mail from Apple. My 24" BTO iMac (2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, 7600GT, wireless KB/mouse) shipped yesterday (9/11).

Should be here very soon!!!

UPDATE: It will arrive on Friday (and that's with free shipping!). Amazingly, the iMac is shipping direct from Shanghai, China! Somehow, I thought it would ship from somewhere on the US West Coast. We're all getting "factory direct" shipping.

Yay!

--DotComCTO
post #43 of 132
Mine shipped today!!! It'll be here on Friday!!!

(24"/2.33/2GB Ram/7600GT)

I'm excited!!!
post #44 of 132
Mine ships today. Ordered it on 9/8. 2GB RAM, 7600, 500G, 2.33 C2D upgrades.

It was originally scheduled to ship 9/18. This is my first Mac, first computer purchased (I get a PC laptop from work) and, oh yeah, first post. Very excited! Delivery on 9/15.
post #45 of 132
My new imac shipped out yesterday. I had ordered an imac a week before the new imacs and mine was delayed. I got a nice email that I would be getting the upgrade free. Tomorrow I should recieve my 20" core 2 with 500G HD, 2G ram, and top video card. Yeah!!!

Also I am a PC user who is making the switch. I have waited 3 weeks for my computer but I relly like the free upgrade by apple. A+ service.
post #46 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zybala

My new imac shipped out yesterday. I had ordered an imac a week before the new imacs and mine was delayed. I got a nice email that I would be getting the upgrade free. Tomorrow I should recieve my 20" core 2 with 500G HD, 2G ram, and top video card. Yeah!!!

Also I am a PC user who is making the switch. I have waited 3 weeks for my computer but I relly like the free upgrade by apple. A+ service.

I remember your case. Glad to see it had the happy end we hypothesized in the other thread.
post #47 of 132
In about an hour, I'm going to walk over to the Apple Store and place my order for the 20" with upgraded memory. Then after work, I'll walk back over to the Apple Store and pick up my lovely new iMac and probably end up calling in sick to work tomorrow! What's all this shipping date talk?

Actually, I'm pretty excited as well. I'm a former PC user who has worked on/with Macs for about 5 years now and it's time to get my own!
post #48 of 132
I bought the 17" on saturday. It had a video problem, returned it and got a new one. I love it. A 2.0GHZ Core 2 duo for $1099 (after student discount) is really an excellent deal. The 17" seems MUCH bigger at home on my desk. I can't even imagine the 24".
post #49 of 132
Just ordered the stock 17" model (2.0 Ghz, not the edu. version). Ships this afternoon or tomorrow and the nominal arrival date is the 21st, although the guy on the phone said it would probably be early. This computer is going to be my Mom's first mac since her old Mac Plus (we then got Windows in the house for many years-[It's not my fault, I was just a kid ])

Also ordered a HP Deskjet 6980 with the $100 rebate, a wireless Mighty Mouse for use with my laptop, and a refurbished 30GB iPod (only $179!!!). All shipping tomorrow! Wooot!!!
post #50 of 132
Shipping update: my 24"/2.33/2GB RAM/7600 GT/500GB HDD has made it from Shanghi to Alaska. Only about 4000 miles to go now.
post #51 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu

Shipping update: my 24"/2.33/2GB RAM/7600 GT/500GB HDD has made it from Shanghi to Alaska. Only about 4000 miles to go now.

Hey now! It looks like we're in the same shipment as mine is also in Anchorage, AK. Looking forward to the delivery this Friday at 10:30AM (wife will be home to sign for it). Fortunately, we're having a company picnic this Friday, so it'll be a short day and I'll have more time to play with the new machine.

8)

--DotComCTO
post #52 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO

Hey now! It looks like we're in the same shipment as mine is also in Anchorage, AK. Looking forward to the delivery this Friday at 10:30AM (wife will be home to sign for it). Fortunately, we're having a company picnic this Friday, so it'll be a short day and I'll have more time to play with the new machine.

8)

--DotComCTO

Haha, yeah it must be in the same plane right now. It'll be interesting to see when they part ways. Mine will also arrive on Friday by 1030 and as I work for a church, Friday is my half day. I'll just go in nice and early so I too will have time to play.
post #53 of 132
Placed a Build to Order on the website this afternoon for a 24" 2.16/2GHz/250GB/7600. They are quoting me a ship date of Sep 19th. I told my fiance and now she is mad at me... Never mind the fact that the ever so useful computer costs a third of that stupid diamond on her finger... <sigh> At least its coming out of my paycheck and not our money. Looking forward to getting the new Mac though. My iBook is getting a little long in the tooth.
post #54 of 132
My machine is still due to ship the 18th. I guess the 3 GB of ram is stalling the shipment. Sucks!!
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #55 of 132
It's funny, so many of our machines are in Anchorage, Alaska. Mine is scheduled for delivery this Friday by 10:30 a.m. as well, and I so have my fingers crossed it makes it - I have some serious playing to do ! Have the desk cleared off, ready and waiting 8). It's been a little while since the last time I so anxiously awaited a weekend, like I am this one! C'mon FedEx, don't let us down .
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
post #56 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSin

It's funny, so many of our machines are in Anchorage, Alaska. Mine is scheduled for delivery this Friday by 10:30 a.m. as well, and I so have my fingers crossed it makes it - I have some serious playing to do ! Have the desk cleared off, ready and waiting 8). It's been a little while since the last time I so anxiously awaited a weekend, like I am this one! C'mon FedEx, don't let us down .

Haha, yours has a little shorter distance though. I guess that shipment sitting in Alaska is the first big order of 24"er getting out to people. Kind of exciting.
post #57 of 132
Mine shipped 9/12 from Shanghai and they attempted delivery today (9/13) before 10:30AM in Southern California. I would have it now if the FedEx driver would have pushed the button on the security grid to get in. Now, I'm waiting until tomorrow.
Oh well, never expected next day from Shanghai for standard delivery anyway...but thought you guys would like to know that yours may arrive early as my arrival date on FedEx was shown as 9/15.

Good luck!
post #58 of 132
Quote:

Anyone else check their Order Status compulsively hoping for a change? I know I do.

yup Mine hasn't shipped yet, I am reading all the stories of stuff shipping early and am cursing them all! :P

Jan
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
post #59 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by irchs

yup Mine hasn't shipped yet, I am reading all the stories of stuff shipping early and am cursing them all! :P

Jan

Join the crowd. Mine is still set to fly out the 18th. That is to freekn long!!
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #60 of 132
Quote:

Haha, yeah it must be in the same plane right now. It'll be interesting to see when they part ways.

Well, I'm betting they've parted ways already. Mine went to last night Indianapolis and it's in Newark, NJ as of this morning. My guess is that is arrives into my part of Westchester (NY) this evening and gets put on the truck for delivery for tomorrow morning.

Keeping fingers crossed...

UPDATE: Ooooh. So, so close to my house now. The iMac made it to the local depot, but it missed getting on the truck this morning. I called to see if I could swing by the depot (I pass it every day) to pick it up, but I was told they have to make one delivery attempt before they let me pick it up. Oh well...Friday morning it is, then.

--DotComCTO
post #61 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by meelash

Just ordered the stock 17" model (2.0 Ghz, not the edu. version). Ships this afternoon or tomorrow and the nominal arrival date is the 21st, although the guy on the phone said it would probably be early. This computer is going to be my Mom's first mac since her old Mac Plus (we then got Windows in the house for many years-[It's not my fault, I was just a kid ])

Also ordered a HP Deskjet 6980 with the $100 rebate, a wireless Mighty Mouse for use with my laptop, and a refurbished 30GB iPod (only $179!!!). All shipping tomorrow! Wooot!!!

Shipping Update: Awesome!!! Got emails from Apple at around 1:00 AM it appears saying everythings shipped. The iMac, printer and Mighty Mouse had Aug 15 as the estimated delivery!!! And iPod has Aug 20. Now I checked with FedEx tracking--The iMac says estimated delivery today, the MM still says tomorrow but the details say that it's out for delivery, and the printer still says tomorrow. iPod still the same.

This is with standard Free Shipping by the way!! Stock system so it doesn't have to come from China. 8)

EDIT: Also, guy on the phone says when you order by phone stuff often comes quicker, guess he was right...
post #62 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplnub

Join the crowd. Mine is still set to fly out the 18th. That is to freekn long!!

Check that! I just got an email notification it will be here the 19th. It shipped this morning. Maybe it will make it by tomorrow. I did pay for the express shipping. But I freekn doubt it!
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #63 of 132
Mighty Mouse arrived, I'm playing with it right now. iMac and Printer should be here tomorrow. iPod next week. Am I glad I didn't pay the extra for 2 day shipping!
post #64 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by meelash

Mighty Mouse arrived, I'm playing with it right now. iMac and Printer should be here tomorrow. iPod next week. Am I glad I didn't pay the extra for 2 day shipping!

Don't iMacs come bundled with a Mighty Mouse anyway?
iMac Intel 2.33Ghz 1GB RAM
iBook G3 700MHZ 640MB RAM
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
post #65 of 132
Quote:

Well, I'm betting they've parted ways already. Mine went to last night Indianapolis and it's in Newark, NJ as of this morning. My guess is that is arrives into my part of Westchester (NY) this evening and gets put on the truck for delivery for tomorrow morning.

Keeping fingers crossed...

UPDATE: Ooooh. So, so close to my house now. The iMac made it to the local depot, but it missed getting on the truck this morning. I called to see if I could swing by the depot (I pass it every day) to pick it up, but I was told they have to make one delivery attempt before they let me pick it up. Oh well...Friday morning it is, then.

--DotComCTO

Lucky! The last sighting of mine was in Indy. I assume the next time it pops up will be here in Orlando. That also means tomorrow I get to see the "On truck for delivery" status.
post #66 of 132
Quote:

Lucky! The last sighting of mine was in Indy. I assume the next time it pops up will be here in Orlando. That also means tomorrow I get to see the "On truck for delivery" status.

Sorry all you dudes...

MINE JUST ARRIVED THIS AFTERNOON!!!

The iMac *was* at my local depot and they said they wouldn't deliver today, but...

my wife just called and said my new 24", 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 500GB HD w/wireless KB/mouse iMac is at the house now!

Wooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!one!!!!eleventy !!!!111!1!!!

A picture or two will follow once I get home.

8)

--DotComCTO
post #67 of 132
Quote:

Sorry all you dudes...

MINE JUST ARRIVED THIS AFTERNOON!!!

The iMac *was* at my local depot and they said they wouldn't deliver today, but...

my wife just called and said my new 24", 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 500GB HD w/wireless KB/mouse iMac is at the house now!

Wooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!one!!!!eleventy !!!!111!1!!!

A picture or two will follow once I get home.

8)

--DotComCTO

I'm jelous... we have the same system and you're won out by a day. For now, I'll keep rereading Macworld's 24" 2.33 7600GT benchmarks and wait for your report.
post #68 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by imac600mhz

Don't iMacs come bundled with a Mighty Mouse anyway?

It's a wireless I bought for my 12" PowerBook. I love it, so far, by the way. Had one early problem in that I'd turn it off and then on and it wouldn't be recognized for about 30 seconds or more unless I re-paired it even though I'd already paired it once. Found out on Apple support forums that you just have to click the mouse button and it pairs automatically. I set the mouse ball click for application switcher and I'm addicted already!
post #69 of 132
since you guys are getting your imacs, amazon should be getting their stock pretty soon. so I'll prob be only a week or two behind you guys. i'm saving some money though
post #70 of 132
I've got my new 24" iMac and it is rockin'! I'm typing this message from the new machine all is working OK thus far. I have a ton of stuff to install and copy over from other HDs; however, I thought I'd drop by to show the love.

This is such a treat. The screen is HUGE, but not so large that I can't sit normally and view the screen comfortably. The wireless mouse and keyboard are great. It's quite nice to be able just have one wire for the whole setup (just the power cord).

I have yet to put the machine through any testing, but I am loving what I'm seeing so far!

More to follow...

--DotComCTO
post #71 of 132
Mine came two weeks early. 8) It's a great computer and so quiet!
post #72 of 132
Quote:

More to follow...

--DotComCTO

Looks like DotComCTO is too busy with his new toy . By the way, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us and enjoy your new iMac.
post #73 of 132
mine shipped yesterday.

currently stuck in pudong airport apparently.
was supposed to ship by the 22nd so that's early.

still quite a way from liverpool though.
post #74 of 132
I'm so bummed , I missed the FedEx delivery guy by 8 minutes - can you believe that ?!? Not only that, but FedEx won't even attempt to deliver again till Monday \. So, right after work today, I'm going to FedEx to get my "Maggie!" 24-inches of pure heaven - no way am I going to wait till Monday and miss the delivery guy again, besides I couldn't stand sitting around all weekend knowing she's just 20 minutes away 8) ?!
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
post #75 of 132
Mine arrived today - a full 12 days early!!

I an't use it yet as it is transferring 70GB from my old 20" G5 via Firewire.

I ordered on the 6th, and expected shipping was 20th with delivery on 27th
It shipped on the 12th and arrived today, 15th.

Thank you and well done Apple.

Ian
post #76 of 132
it arrived today.

2.33/2GB RAM/500GB HDD/7600GT/Wireless MM...

This thing is amazing...
post #77 of 132
Aarrrgh! My iMac and printer came today and I missed it!! Now, I've got to wait till Monday. Oh well, I've got GRE's to study for anyway...
post #78 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSin

I'm so bummed , I missed the FedEx delivery guy by 8 minutes - can you believe that ?!? Not only that, but FedEx won't even attempt to deliver again till Monday \. So, right after work today, I'm going to FedEx to get my "Maggie!" 24-inches of pure heaven - no way am I going to wait till Monday and miss the delivery guy again, besides I couldn't stand sitting around all weekend knowing she's just 20 minutes away 8) ?!

Get your ass to FedEx! You only have till 6!
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #79 of 132
I ordered mine on the day it was announced, but mines still not shipped yet. It was estimated to ship on the 15th.

I ordered a 20" with 256mb graphics and the 2.33ghz upgrades.

wheres my Macintosh?!
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
iPod 20GB 3rd Gen
post #80 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Get your ass to FedEx! You only have till 6!

I did, I did! I'm so glad I did too ! "Maggie" and I had a nice drive home from FedEx. She is so sweet, I'm having a ball installing apps, setting preferences and customizing - all while listening to Internet radio via iTunes 7 .

By the way, I had to wait at FedEx for about an hour for my courier to return with my "package," but it was definitely worth it . I also discovered FedEx "does" deliver on Saturday, if the shipper requests it, or if the receiver is willing to pay the additional charge for Saturday delivery.

For those that haven't received theirs yet - it sux to be you ! Just kidding - geez .
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?