or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered? - Page 3

post #81 of 132
Thread Starter 
Got an email today saying mine has shipped. iMac due on 27th and nano and printer due on 26th (hopefully will come sooner).

Does anyone know what merge in transit means? My iMac has that for how it was sent, while other two are through UPS.

Can only track UPS ones at moment and they are coming up with cannot display page

Hopefully everything will become clearer on Monday
post #82 of 132
It is in Indianapolis. They say Tuesday but I have a feeling it will be here Monday!!
Hard-Core.
Reply
Hard-Core.
Reply
post #83 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO


Wooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!1111!!!!!111!!one!!!!eleventy !!!!111!1!!!

I just love that New Mac Feeling. Congrats!

Do what you will, but harm none.

Reply

Do what you will, but harm none.

Reply
post #84 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc13

Got an email today saying mine has shipped. iMac due on 27th and nano and printer due on 26th (hopefully will come sooner).

Does anyone know what merge in transit means? My iMac has that for how it was sent, while other two are through UPS.

Can only track UPS ones at moment and they are coming up with cannot display page

Hopefully everything will become clearer on Monday

"Merge in transit" means all the parts of your order will be merged on the way to you and delivered in one delivery. So your delivery will depend on the slowest item. This is normal practice to save on shipping costs if you ordered all the items at the same time.

Ian
post #85 of 132
Thread Starter 
oh right, thanks for explaining that. I can't wait to get my mac now, although i I could have to wait a while as I'm off to uni on tuesday and then parents are going on hol on 23rd so unless by some miracle it arrives before 22nd I will have to wait till they get back which will be about the 3rd October
post #86 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc13

oh right, thanks for explaining that. I can't wait to get my mac now, although i I could have to wait a while as I'm off to uni on tuesday and then parents are going on hol on 23rd so unless by some miracle it arrives before 22nd I will have to wait till they get back which will be about the 3rd October

Will someone be home to get it from FedEx? They only keep it for three days before returning it to sender...
post #87 of 132
Thread Starter 
err prob not. hmmm S**t. Now they have shipped it would it be too late to change shipment address. if not suppose there must be a way to say dont deliver it until xth October.
post #88 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc13

err prob not. hmmm S**t. Now they have shipped it would it be too late to change shipment address. if not suppose there must be a way to say dont deliver it until xth October.

Have a neighbor sign for and store it... if you trust the neighbor.
post #89 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfc13

err prob not. hmmm S**t. Now they have shipped it would it be too late to change shipment address. if not suppose there must be a way to say dont deliver it until xth October.

I agree with jdcfsu. Since it "has" to be signed for, maybe you could have a trusted neighbor, Friend or relative receive and hold it for you? That would be a lot better than having FedEx or the shipper return it to Apple ?
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
post #90 of 132
Thread Starter 
When you say have a friend/relative receive it for me are you saying to change the shipping address, because if that is possible now, I can change it to my uni address, but not sure if I will be able to change it now that it has shipped and probably has my home address written on it and the accompanying documents.

Does anyone know if i can change the shipping address or not now its shipped?

I do have neighbours I can trust, if i cant change the address can I say that i would like a note to be put on to leave it with a certain neighbour rather than take it back to fedex?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I am sure you guys understand I am anxious about getting my iMac as quickly and easily as possible
post #91 of 132
No, it just means have them look for the FedEx man and when he comes, sign for the package.

Also, see if you can call FedEx and just have a delivery comment added to the box to say "If you're not home, knock on the neighbors door."
post #92 of 132
They will work with you, if you communicate with them? I don't know where you are, but here in Southern California, it's 3:15 P.M. and FedEx is open till 5 P.M. Go to Fedex and get the 800 or toll free number and call them as soon as you can.
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
post #93 of 132
Thread Starter 
I am actually in the UK. Apple is saying it is going to be sent via UPS, but after looking at their website extensively can't see how long they hold packages for after 1st delivery attempt, so am going to assume for now that it is 3 days like FedEx. Am planning to ring Apple first thing on Monday to try and sort something out, hopefully be able to get it delivered to my university address. Thanks for all your help people!
post #94 of 132
I have no idea what "I" would do in your situation, but it isn't pretty \. Best of Luck to you and hope it all works out well for you 8).
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
post #95 of 132
Don't know about UPS and in the UK but with FedEx, if the package is in their system, just a call and explanation of the situation should solve the problem. You can specify if you want it left with a neighbor, you can have them hold it until a certain date, or you might be able to have the shipping address changed, although that may only be possible if you contact Apple.
post #96 of 132
My stock 20" iMac(which says ships in 24 hours) isn't going to be shipped until the 25th. I ordered mine on the 6th, so thats 19 days. Apple is starting to piss me off.
post #97 of 132
"Dear Jan Staunton,

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated. We are shipping as quickly
as possible, but cannot meet the dispatch date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to dispatch
your order by 21.09.2006."

That is REALLY annoying. If it doesn't come before I go back to uni, I am screwed :/ Can I ring them up and blag some free stuff yet?

Jan
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
post #98 of 132
I ordered my 24" iMac today, nearly maxed it, should have it before the end of the month...which is too long to wait lol
post #99 of 132
I also ordered my BTO 20" imac on the 6th. The original ship date was the 15th. This got bumped to the 25th, due to an 'unexpected delay'... add me to the ticked off list.
post #100 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB

Looks like DotComCTO is too busy with his new toy . By the way, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with us and enjoy your new iMac.

Sorry about not getting back on here sooner! You're right, I've been spending a ton of time "working" on the new iMac. It's really a great machine. The screen is fantastic. In another thread, someone asked whether the corners were dimmer than the rest of the screen. As I'm sitting in front of the screen now - using whatever the default brightness is - I would say that there is some very, very, slight dimming in the corners, but it's really not noticible to me. I say this because sitting at a normal distance from the screen while typing, you don't really have the corners in your direct field of vision. You can see it peripherally, but it's really not enough to notice.

In any case, I've been configuring a ton of things - plus installing Parallels and Win XP (for apps I just can't get in Mac OS X). It's all good! So far, I really don't have a single complaint about the machine. It is completely outperforming my expectations and has been well worth the extended wait.

So...there's my update as of Sunday evening here in NY.



--DotComCTO
post #101 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris v

I just love that New Mac Feeling. Congrats!

Thanks, Chris. Yes. This is the first Mac I have personally owned. Waaaay back in the day (1984), I took a break from writing batch COBOL on punch cards, so I worked as an Apple salesman (and I even got training out at an Apple facility in Secaucus, I think). I sold the original Mac and was buying back the original Lisa; I was also selling lots of Apple IIe and IIc equipment. So, I always loved the Macs...I just never bought one...until now!

So, yes. This is definitely the Mac honeymoon!

--DotComCTO
post #102 of 132
Mine shipped yesterday, will be with me before the 20th

yay!

Jan
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
post #103 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO

Sorry about not getting back on here sooner! You're right, I've been spending a ton of time "working" on the new iMac. It's really a great machine. The screen is fantastic. In another thread, someone asked whether the corners were dimmer than the rest of the screen. As I'm sitting in front of the screen now - using whatever the default brightness is - I would say that there is some very, very, slight dimming in the corners, but it's really not noticible to me. I say this because sitting at a normal distance from the screen while typing, you don't really have the corners in your direct field of vision. You can see it peripherally, but it's really not enough to notice.

In any case, I've been configuring a ton of things - plus installing Parallels and Win XP (for apps I just can't get in Mac OS X). It's all good! So far, I really don't have a single complaint about the machine. It is completely outperforming my expectations and has been well worth the extended wait.

So...there's my update as of Sunday evening here in NY.



--DotComCTO

Glad to see all go well. By the way, the LCD dimming recalls me a similar phenomenon seen on many Apple portables in the past, and perhaps even today. Usually, it happened when the display was still cold, relatively speaking. I understand that on a such big display it is a non-issue.

On another note, I would like to say to 24" iMac owners to not try at this point to install WinXP with Bootcamp. It seems that there is some incompatibility with this particular iMac model.
post #104 of 132
Thread Starter 
Gave Apple a ring this morning about changing shipping address, after a lovely phone call, a quick email (with driving license and utility bill scans) and a quick call this afternoon to check it has gone through I am happy to say that it looks like I no longer have a problem as they have kindly contacted UPS to change my delivery address

Now I just have to wait till the 28th, still, better than waiting till sometime in October, which was what would have happened if unable to change the address.

Here's to waiting!

post #105 of 132
I thought I would share a pic of my "super-go-momma" 24-inch Core 2 Duo with all you gooder people. I can tell you she's Beautiful, Fast and super quiet 8) !


Single click on pic for a larger version.
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
post #106 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB

On another note, I would like to say to 24" iMac owners to not try at this point to install WinXP with Bootcamp. It seems that there is some incompatibility with this particular iMac model.

Thanks for the heads up. I was just wrapping up my install under Parallels and all is working fine that way. I was going to set up a small partition for BootCamp eventually (not a high priority since Parallels does what I need). I guess I'll hold off for a wee bit.

--DotComCTO
post #107 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotComCTO

Thanks for the heads up. I was just wrapping up my install under Parallels and all is working fine that way. I was going to set up a small partition for BootCamp eventually (not a high priority since Parallels does what I need). I guess I'll hold off for a wee bit.

--DotComCTO

I was actually just running BootCamp on my 24" this morning without any problems. I played Half-Life 2 at highest settings for a few hours with no glitches or anything. I'm pretty sure the problems were only in the previous 1.1 version of BootCamp and have been fixed in 1.1.1.
post #108 of 132
Just got my iMac this morning. Took it home and have it transferring my 150 GB over. It should be done any minute. I am freekn pumped!!
Hard-Core.
Reply
Hard-Core.
Reply
post #109 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu

I was actually just running BootCamp on my 24" this morning without any problems. I played Half-Life 2 at highest settings for a few hours with no glitches or anything. I'm pretty sure the problems were only in the previous 1.1 version of BootCamp and have been fixed in 1.1.1.

It may be very well the Bootcamp version, but there are still people having trouble with 1.1.1 too. No one can say if it is their fault or if the problems still persits for some configurations. I guess the best one can do at this moment is to wait a little before taking action.
post #110 of 132
I ordered a 24" iMac from the local Apple store - had to order it because they didn't have any with 500 gig drive. I ordered on Wed 9/13 and it showed up today 9/19.

All's well so far.... until.... I unboxed it.

When I unboxed it, I noticed a small black dot embedded in the clear plastic on the chin (left side). It's very noticable. There's another dot much smaller on the right side, but you really have to look to find that one.

When I called my local Apple store, they said - "we just helped you order it online - we are not responsible for making it right - call 800-applecare to get it fixed" - this was a store manager stating this.

I am on the phone now with Applecare - much nicer people so far. But they did say that I would have to take it back to the local Apple store (who washed their hands of it).

I can see it now - it's going to take 1-2 weeks to get this fixed. That sux...

Phil
post #111 of 132
They shipped my 20" on the 18th with a delivery of the 22nd. It's in FedEx's hands and they bumped the delivery date to the 25th. It was shipped from California and is headed for NC.
Talking about taking all the available time. This was standard shipping, and it shows.
post #112 of 132
amazon got the 24 inchers in. so mine shipped today, says it'll be here the 21st
post #113 of 132
Got mine today! 24", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 250 GB. I don't think I will ever touch my old 14" iBook while inside the house again! So far is working great. Could not install BootCamp because I only have an original XP disc from 2002, not the SP2 version. Need to go out and get one of those so that I can get all my PocketPC stuff going again.

Complaints? None so far. It runs everything I could ask of it and is meeting all my expectations and more. I was kind of bummed out that the USB ports on the keyboard were apparently too underpowered to plug in my 1GB SanDisk thumbdrive. I guess I need to get another USB hub.
post #114 of 132
Mine arrived today! Phenomenal speed increase over my Mac Mini (as you would expect :P)

Just awesome, much bigger than I thought. Mine is the 20-inch model.

Thanks

Jan
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
Jan

http://theFruitSoup.com - http://ColinClose.com/ - Download some free music I am involved in!
Reply
post #115 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by adezero

amazon got the 24 inchers in. so mine shipped today, says it'll be here the 21st

I ordered mine in Amazon and received it late last night!, it is a beaut.
post #116 of 132
my 24" arrived today.

haven't stopped playing with it.
everyone who's walked in the room has gasped.
(then spent over an hour playing with photobooth)

i love it!

(and it arrived 2 days before apple's estimated shipping date)
post #117 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakerben

my 24" arrived today.

haven't stopped playing with it.
everyone who's walked in the room has gasped.
(then spent over an hour playing with photobooth)

i love it!

(and it arrived 2 days before apple's estimated shipping date)

My 4 1/2 year old son LOVES PhotoBooth. My only "complaint" is that in my home office the iSight sees everything a little too orange because of the lighting in the room. So, it would have been nice if Apple had put made some iSight tuning parameters available at the System Preferences level. Instead, I've had to grab iGlasses to do the tuning.

Anyone have a better approach???



--DotComCTO
post #118 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan

Got mine today! 24", 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 7600GT, 250 GB. I don't think I will ever touch my old 14" iBook while inside the house again! So far is working great. Could not install BootCamp because I only have an original XP disc from 2002, not the SP2 version.

If you have access to windows machine try this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery -- Little Prince
Reply
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery -- Little Prince
Reply
post #119 of 132
Mine finally shipped today. Hope it gets here before the weekend.
post #120 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechu

If you have access to windows machine try this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

There are several tools that can do it for you automatically. For example nLite ( http://www.nliteos.com/ ) will take your Pre-SP2 original disk, integrate SP2 into it and even the latest hotfixes from windows update and prepare a "ready to burn" bootable ISO image.

I have not played with it for now (waiting october to order a 20" iMac ), but there are several reports saying that nLite works quite well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › When will your Core Duo 2 iMac be delivered?