or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Keith Olbermann is a god amongst men

Keith Olbermann is a god amongst men - Page 2

post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider

Assuming 9/11 would have even happened with Gore as president. Maybe that's why some people hate Gore so much. He didn't try hard enough.

[CENTER]Assuming 9/11 would have even happened with Gore as president.
?
[/CENTER]
"Osama, Al Gore has just been elected the American President!"
"Al Gore?"
"Yes, Osama."
"Oh. Well, then. Cancel the Manhattan Operation right away! And let's issue an apology for our previous operations."
"At once!"

V/R,
Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries 1B

[CENTER]Assuming 9/11 would have even happened with Gore as president.
?
[/CENTER]
"Osama, Al Gore has just been elected the American President!"
"Al Gore?"
"Yes, Osama."
"Oh. Well, then. Cancel the Manhattan Operation right away! And let's issue an apology for our previous operations."
"At once!"

V/R,
Aries 1B

Maybe it would go something like:
Advisor: President Gore, we have this memo titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the US," wanna read it?
Gore: Sure.
post #43 of 59
You know I'd laugh if it weren't so true.
post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuh Freak

Maybe it would go something like:
Advisor: President Gore, we have this memo titled "Bin Laden Determined to Attack the US," wanna read it?
Gore: Sure.

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #45 of 59
The idea that Gore would have done anything more than Clinton did is laughably pathetic.

And I'm really disappointed with Midwinter on this one. Usually his points are far more thought out that this. The idea that the President should insert himself into the 9-11 memorial process and override local concerns and viewpoints is bizarre and downright reckless.

While everyone would hope the process would go smoothly, this is a memorial that we (New Yorkers, Americans and the rest of us around the world) will be taking our grandchildren to visit.

The images from that day still haunt us and there are still children crying out for the parents they lost.
It is no wonder that jointly deciding what is proper memorial is meeting with significant delay.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #46 of 59
Asking for leadership is not the same as asking for local concerns to be overridden.
post #47 of 59
Forget it.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #48 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777

And I'm really disappointed with Midwinter on this one. Usually his points are far more thought out that this. The idea that the President should insert himself into the 9-11 memorial process and override local concerns and viewpoints is bizarre and downright reckless.

I'm sorry I let you down, Frank777. Are you going to be ok? Do you need a hug or something?

But you're right, now that I think about it. When a president intervenes in order to get something done, it is a horrible thing.

Quote:
While everyone would hope the process would go smoothly, this is a memorial that we (New Yorkers, Americans and the rest of us around the world) will be taking our grandchildren to visit.

I really enjoyed visiting the site in late 2002. It was the best dirt pit in Manhattan I saw the whole trip.

Quote:
The images from that day still haunt us and there are still children crying out for the parents they lost.
It is no wonder that jointly deciding what is proper memorial is meeting with significant delay.

Please explain how those two things are connected. Maybe those children are crying because there's no memorial for their dead parents? Maybe those children are crying because they just wish someone, somewhere, would step in and demand that the dirt pit be sanctified.

And oh, by the way. That thing that Coulter was attacking when she called the 9/11 widows "harpies"? You just did exactly the same thing she was complaining about.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #49 of 59
Ahh yes. The good old days. The days when Clinton knew how to enact regime change in a dictatorial nation without massive boots on the ground, constant and continuous occupation of said nation, and a dictator dead without costing us half a trillion dollars.

Ah, the glory days of Yugoslavia. You remember those days, right? When Republicans still felt it was part of their constitutional duty to criticize the president during war time.

Good times.
post #50 of 59
It's also good to see a healthy defense of Anne Coulter is still alive and well in wingnutoville.

Because, you know, Al Franken's an asshole.
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

I'm sorry I let you down, Frank777. Are you going to be ok? Do you need a hug or something?

I'll be fine. At least I think so.
I'm about to pop Star Trek: Nemesis in the DVD player, so I may be let down more later tonight.

Quote:

But you're right, now that I think about it. When a president intervenes in order to get something done, it is a horrible thing.

And if this concerned the shutdown of the national airport system, or the life of even one person, I'd be there with you. But it's a monument. No-one's life or business is at stake.

Quote:

And oh, by the way. That thing that Coulter was attacking when she called the 9/11 widows "harpies"? You just did exactly the same thing she was complaining about.

I haven't read any of Coulter's books, though I have a friend telling me I should pick up the one you mention. Funny you should even mention that. I saw this yesterday after viewing the AI thread on the ABC controversy.

Good Stuff.
post #52 of 59
Okay, the last sentence was added just to tick Northgate off.
post #53 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777

I'll be fine. At least I think so.
I'm about to pop Star Trek: Nemesis in the DVD player, so I may be let down more later tonight.

Um, Frank? Do we need to have an intervention? Friends don't let friends watch Nemesis.
post #54 of 59
Gonna have to side with Midwinter on this one, Frank.

"Nemesis" is the "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" of TNG movies.

And bear in mind that "The Final Frontier" causes your face to burst into flame.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #55 of 59
Yes, and Final Frontier is the only one directed by Shatner himself.

I actually never got to watching it last night because some friends came over. I'll try again tonight.

I am wondering more about the special features/deleted scenes than the movie itself.

Though I'm pretty sure a few deleted scenes can't compensate for promising a Khan-like super-villain and delivering a whiny teenage-looking Picard clone.
post #56 of 59
Let's not forget the high fashion fetish wear black leather body suit. Nothing says implacable evil like a high fashion fetish wear black leather body suit.
post #57 of 59
"Why is God angry?"
post #58 of 59
Perhaps he was disappointed by Nemesis too.
post #59 of 59
Quote:

I really enjoyed visiting the site in late 2002. It was the best dirt pit in Manhattan I saw the whole trip.

Please explain how those two things are connected. Maybe those children are crying because there's no memorial for their dead parents? Maybe those children are crying because they just wish someone, somewhere, would step in and demand that the dirt pit be sanctified.

Ouch!

Not Darth Winter ?!

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Keith Olbermann is a god amongst men