or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Star Wars original theatrical release on DVD

Star Wars original theatrical release on DVD

post #1 of 5
has anyone else bought this and pissed that they didn't make it Anamorphic WS?
post #2 of 5
as long as Han shoots first!
post #3 of 5
I tried watching the TOTR on the 30" cinema -- it didn't fill the screen, even side-to-side.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz

I tried watching the TOTR on the 30" cinema -- it didn't fill the screen, even side-to-side.

i've had a marathon and watched the trilogy over the last few nights....Return of the Jedi has crooked letterbox effect on my HD TV.....sad

also they obviously didn't remaster it either, the film quality looks terrible in many spots

my wife and I suspect they will release it again on blu-ray one day, they just wanted to get this out and be greedy bastards knowing that we willl buy it again on blu-ray
post #5 of 5
i believe you are right. it is essentially the laserdisc version. they put no further effort into it. purely a money grab. fuck lucas.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Star Wars original theatrical release on DVD