or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › What are your favorite websites?

What are your favorite websites?

post #1 of 44
Here's my current favorites:

Engadget
-technology blog.

Autoblog
-this one's self-explanatory.

Pitchfork
-best indie-music review and news site on the web. good regular features, too.

Uncrate
-awesome stuff.

Crooks and Liars
-videos of important stuff.

Break.com
-videos of decidedly unimportant stuff. you can get lost there for days.

Myspace Music
-search and stream your favorite music

Egotastic
-celeb gossip!

The Superficial
-more celeb gossip!

Pink is the New Blog
-can't get enough celeb gossip.
post #2 of 44
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/
politics from every angle, and then some

http://memri.org/
Islam, in its own words

http://online.wsj.com/home/us
liberal leaning reporting, conservative editorial, simply the best

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/index.asp
the best online training I've seen

http://www.wine.com/Default.asp
vino!

http://beeradvocate.com/
beer!

http://www.erobertparker.com
more vino!

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/index.asp
and a movie.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #3 of 44
Music Related
www.nin.com
Nine Inch Nails

www.skinnypuppy.com
Skinny Puppy

www.vnvnation.com
VNV Nation

www.metropolis-records.com
Metropolis Records - Distributor of many great Industrial music acts.

www.theelectricfront.com
Online radio station. They stream through Live 365. Industrial, synth-pop, and electronica.

Apple Related
www.missingbite.com
Excellent selection of Apple merchandise and memorabilia.

www.romain-moisescot.com/steve/
The welcome page kind of says it all. It's certainly not for everybody.

www.macworld.com
If anyone here does not know this site, they should be ashamed. LOL

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested, here's my MySpace page. Yes, I have a bloody MySpace:
www.myspace.com/ruthreznor
Resident Furry, Animation student, and Steve Jobs fan.
post #4 of 44
MacDoll, are you this one-dimensional in person?
post #5 of 44
No. I wanted to keep my post brief, and I had to choose my absolute favorites. Bite me.

Do you always project this much cynicism towards others? Sorry if I fell short of your expectations, but I'm just having fun, dear.
post #6 of 44
Let's see if there's anything else there really beyond the annoying Steve Jobs and NIN-worship.

Say if you had to choose something NOT related to Apple, NIN, or the industrial music scene, what interesting sites would you pick?
post #7 of 44
For the heroes who still believe in truth while the moronic inferno drags us down once more:

Professor Pan

Another Day In The Empire

To do your bit to stop the rise of evil:

Fundie Watch

Theocracy Watch

Rigorous Intuition

Because I spent a little time with her once and she wrote about me on her blog:

Girl With A One Track Mind

To put the magic back into life and commune with the sane if even for the briefest span:

Barbelith

Strange Attractor

Pop Occulture
Big bottom drives me out of my mind - how can I leave this behind?
post #8 of 44
confirmed

tell me, mansur - do you have a "sad-on" with me? Its OK, i understand why. If you want me to piss off, just say, and I grant it.
post #9 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcUK

confirmed

tell me, mansur - do you have a "sad-on" with me? Its OK, i understand why. If you want me to piss off, just say, and I grant it.

I don't believe we've met....?
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mansur al-Hallaj

I don't believe we've met....?

technically that is true!
post #11 of 44
Google and Wikipedia?
post #12 of 44
www.baseballthinkfactory.org

Especially the Lounge in the forums section.

www.joshreads.com aka the Comics Curmudgeon.
You can fly?!?
No. Jump good.
You can fly?!?
No. Jump good.
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo

Google and Wikipedia?

Never heard of them.
post #14 of 44
post #15 of 44
Quote:

confirmed

"Fundie watch"?

Yep. confirmed
"some catch on faster than others"
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside grabowski

"Fundie watch"?

Yep. confirmed

No, it isn't who you think. Its a clever idea by whoever is doing it, but it isn't old segovius. It was far too easy to work out, infact, because it was so easy to work out, we were meant to work it out quickly and not ask too many questions of our judgement.

So the question is, who is it and who would want us to carry on as if we were talking to Sego?.
post #17 of 44
Outsider: Perhaps I should have put that disclaimer on my post.

Shawn: Annoying, huh? I do happen to be easy to get along with. But of course, I trust you'll yet again critcize me over these additions, so knock yourself out, babe.
www.stopanimaltests.com
www.pixar.com
www.wildlifewarriors.org.au
www.populationpaste.com NSFW or people under 18. Also, please realize they are not promoting this stuff. They are commenting on the more pathetic and sick groups of humanity here.
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Doll

www.populationpaste.com NSFW or people under 18. Also, please realize they are not promoting this stuff. They are commenting on the more pathetic and sick groups of humanity here.

Cosmo! Cosmo! dont do it, you dont know what you're letting yourself in for...wasps on your cock. Noooooooooooo!
post #19 of 44
Quote:

No, it isn't who you think. Its a clever idea by whoever is doing it, but it isn't old segovius. It was far too easy to work out, infact, because it was so easy to work out, we were meant to work it out quickly and not ask too many questions of our judgement.

So the question is, who is it and who would want us to carry on as if we were talking to Sego?.

So Mark, you think that our friend from Baghdad is Sego ?
Fascinating
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth2

www.baseballthinkfactory.org

Tell me more about this website...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdoc

So Mark, you think that our friend from Baghdad is Sego ?
Fascinating

no! I think Sego has died.
post #22 of 44
Quote:

no! I think Sego has died.

He told us, that he will leave this place. I don't want him to be dead
post #23 of 44
Quote:

He told us, that he will leave this place. I don't want him to be dead

Sego left because he knew he was about to die. It's what he wanted, so be happy for him.

He was the smartest most devious guy here, a complete trickster. If he was going to come back under a new alais, it would be far harder to work out who he was than this. Sego was smarter than that. Al-Hallaj isn't Sego. Sego is dead.
post #24 of 44
Quote:

Sego left because he knew he was about to die. It's what he wanted, so be happy for him.

Are you serious? How?
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ

Are you serious? How?

Because its what he wanted
post #26 of 44
I meant what happened... cancer?
post #27 of 44
Quote:

Because its what he wanted

Perhaps it is his spirit flying on one of his rugs (magic carpet style) over the streets of Bagdad and blogging on a wirelesss Mac.
post #28 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ

I meant what happened... cancer?

not exactly. People who go out for walks dont always come back alive.
post #29 of 44
That's terrible MarK . He has a family and childrens
post #30 of 44
Quote:

That's terrible MarK . He has a family and childrens

They were expecting it. They're still happy.
post #31 of 44
Segovius the web account is dead.
Nothing more, nothing less ...
post #32 of 44
:::sigh:::

I wish I wasn't such a n00b...

Edit: Wait, I think I got it now...
post #33 of 44
God.

I always enjoyed his posts.
post #34 of 44
Um "segovius is dead" is another in the long line of MarcUK's "iTunes is made in Realbasic" and "Jesus never existed" nonsense. segovius has a name that is easy to find from his posts, and he has a blog that he semi-regularly updates. His latest, from two days ago, says that he is thinking of moving to Berlin, and asks for tips from readers of his blog.

Maybe you should try keeping your mouth shut sometimes before just spouting whatever crap pops into your head MarcUK? Thanks.
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell

Um "segovius is dead" is another in the long line of MarcUK's "iTunes is made in Realbasic" and "Jesus never existed" nonsense. segovius has a name that is easy to find from his posts, and he has a blog that he semi-regularly updates. His latest, from two days ago, says that he is thinking of moving to Berlin, and asks for tips from readers of his blog.

Maybe you should try keeping your mouth shut sometimes before just spouting whatever crap pops into your head MarcUK? Thanks.

Jesus! (never existed). How the hell can you spend years in the presence of a great man and never learn a single thing about him or the things he believed in. No wonder he wanted to leave.

I remember a phrase of his was too 'leverage stupidity'. Well Brussel there's a fucking big lever in here.
post #36 of 44
Ummmm. . . .

The sites I spend the most time at may be:

appleinsider.com
wikipedia.com
linuxdevices.com
digikey.com
news.google.com
ebay.com

In no order. I also have been known to visit pandora.com from time to time, as well as willhill.com to fetch odds. Other than that, I don't go online that much. I still get most of my information from magazines and books (or the boob toob).
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #37 of 44
Quote:

Jesus! (never existed). How the hell can you spend years in the presence of a great man and never learn a single thing about him or the things he believed in. No wonder he wanted to leave.

I remember a phrase of his was too 'leverage stupidity'. Well Brussel there's a fucking big lever in here.

I don't have any idea what you're blathering on about. But I do know that you said that segovius was dead, that other people here believed you, and that you therefore are an ass.
post #38 of 44
MarkUK, which university did you attend for your doctorate in Presumptious Fuckery?
post #39 of 44
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo

MarkUK, which university did you attend for your doctorate in Presumptious Fuckery?

I was educated by the best.

However, Segovius was happy when he died. When they cut off his legs, he smiled and told them that he used to use those legs to walk the earth with.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › What are your favorite websites?